SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

View Latest Ad - Comments Here
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chunderman
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps one of the next ads could outline the discrepancies between Kerry's accounts of what got him the Silver Star (with a ‘V’) vs. what really happened. I would imagine most women and veterans (or anyone with morals for that matter) would be appalled by JFK hunting down and killing a wounded teenager.

I like the new ad, and appreciate everything that the Swifties are doing. However, in my opinion, it is time to go for the jugular. Go big or go home. Twisted Evil
Paul Woll
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, but a majority of Kerry supporters admire this as a demonstration of his protest for the war. Unfortunately, they don't seem to realize the negative effects of these protests. The number of soldiers and civilians who died as a result of Kerry are incalculable.
integritycounts
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This Ad is PURE genius....I don't think some people understand how good this Ad is.

Let me explain.

1. While the edits seem suspect...they are NOT....the details will support the edits....I hope they try to go after it....because there are more videos of Kerry that can be linked on this site which support what the Ad is saying.

2. This AD is only 30 seconds.....its not full minute like the first two Ads....The amount of information in this Ad is amazing....its Packed.

3. Notice the first words, what it starts out with " I have been accurate precisely about what took place" Starting with that is no accident. The Ad is designed to have more impact as you see it multiple times. It becomes abundantly clear he has not been precise or accurate, the more it viewed.

4. All the other Ads by Kerry and his 527s now are morbid and depressing....Not this Ad....it has humor, and it has musical pacing to it. Its designed for under 45 year olds. But is effective across the board.

5. All the edits have a white screen flashed to make it very clear the edits exist.

6. This Ad is as good as the first Ad, as far as presentation. The 2nd Ad was a large impact too. They are all very good....but his is by far and away the best of the 30 second bunch. Only 1 and 2 are 60 second Ads.

7. They can not take apart the Ad content.

8. He clearly says "we threw away the symbols of what our country gave us" He can not refute he said that.

Notice the language....he is rejecting country....vs....simply rejecting war metals. You have to listen.
He did not say "we gave away the symbols given to us by our country"

IMO the creators of this Ad are genius. Hats off to them. I could only hope to do so well. Impossible to exceed this work of art.

I don't want to see another Ad run on TV until right up until the debates....then a new message can come out....but in the field of all the other morbid Ads, out there....this one is a relief. And its all true too.

You can only do so much in 30 seconds, and nobody can do more in 30 seconds than this Ad.....

Last edited by integritycounts on Fri Sep 17, 2004 4:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Paul Woll
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with you on your points. That is why I said the ad was good in my first post. I just believe that it will be ignored. Saving the hard-hitting ads til after the debates has some very good merit. Here is to hoping this ad gets the proper exposure from the MSM.
arymann
PO3

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ad is in the news!

http://washingtontimes.com/upi-breaking/20040917-105759-1379r.htm

Quote:
Swift boat vets hit Kerry again

Washington, DC, Sep. 17 (UPI) -- Sen. John Kerry's truthfulness on discarding his war medals to protest the Vietnam conflict was targeted Friday by anti-Kerry veterans.

Swift Boat Veterans for Truth, the 527 advocacy group made up of Kerry's former Navy colleagues in Vietnam, said Kerry's conflicting accounts make him unrealiable and that the act itself was a betrayal of veterans and his country.

"When John Kerry threw his medals away, he betrayed his fellow veterans, he betrayed his country, and he betrayed every American our armed forces have fought to protect, retired Adm. Roy Hoffmann, founder of the group said. "Now Kerry wants us to forget what he did as he attempts to rewrite history." The ad ends with" "Can you trust anything he says?"

Swift Boat Veterans for Truth have hammered Kerry over alleged fabrication of his war exploits to gain three Purple Hearts and two awards for bravery and for his later anti-war activism. Their cammpaign is believed at least partially responsible for the drop in Kerry's favorability rating among veterans.

Kerry became a prominent anti-war activist after service in Vietnam and in 1971 was seen to throw his medals over the White House fence. He said in a later interview he threw at least six medals away; in a 2004 he said he only threw away the ribbons, not the medals themselves.
SooZQ
PO2

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TERRIFIC AD!

Really support the troops, send them a letter and care package! Visit:http://www.anysoldier.com
RMalloy
PO3

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great contrast between the somber Kerry back in the 70's and
the highly irritated, flustered Kerry of today. Hope this gets
shown in more than the battleground states.
coolhand
PO3

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anybody know or have suggestions on the target states. I wish we could play em all the time nationally, but that's expensive. I think Wisconsn and Minnesota are key right now. Maybe turn up the pressure in New Jersey. Fight on Kerry's turf. Make him expend his resources at his base. Ohio and FLorida are polling well.
Scipio
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can someone confirm that Kerry said, "I'm proud of that" immediately after, and in reference to, "gave back the symbols our country gave us?"

If so, great ad.
Steve Z
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 4:45 pm    Post subject: States to play ad Reply with quote

I agree with coolhand's analysis of the states to play the ads. I would add FL because it's big and has lots of military people, and PA, because most polls show Bush with a SLIGHT lead there, but things can change, and padding the lead can only help. PA is the state of Gettysburg and Valley Forge, and there are lots of military people from the Scranton/Wilkes-Barre/Hazleton area.

Maybe it's expensive, but the Philadelphia market would also reach southern New Jersey, and may influence the results in two states with one ad buy. New York City would reach northern New Jersey, but would be wasted on voters in NY and CT, which are hopelessly liberal.

Born in NJ, live in CT, and have a friend in PA!
Bernard Cullen
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scipio wrote:
Can someone confirm that Kerry said, "I'm proud of that" immediately after, and in reference to, "gave back the symbols our country gave us?"

If so, great ad.

Important point. We need to "hold the high ground" from now until November 2. To date, despite the lapse of 35 years, everybody is telling it like it was. No spin. No forgeries.

"Facts are stubborn things" - John Adams
lee
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 4:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Ad #5 Reply with quote

Steve Z wrote:
I don't have speakers on this computer, so I can't hear what Kerry said in 1971 and 2004, although I'm sure this DOES reinforce the image of Kerry as a "flip-flopper", which Republicans have been repeating for months about other issues!

I agree with Bernard Cullen that a new ad about medals is "OK as a holding action", but something more forceful will be needed between now and the election.

Are there any plans in the works for an ad about:

1) Kerry recommending withdrawal from Vietnam, assuring Senators of minimal casualties, followed by massive casualties, and then playing his 2004 promise to withdraw troops from Iraq in six months;

2) Kerry telling Senators he has been negotiating with the enemy in Paris, while he was still in the Naval Reserves;

3) Kerry's photo in the Communist museum in Ho Chi Minh City, with a voice-over explaining where this photo is displayed, and concluding with
"John Kerry: a hero, for America's enemies."

Is there a transcript for Ad #5 available somewhere on the Net?
Quote:

Bingo!

integritycounts
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scipio wrote:
Can someone confirm that Kerry said, "I'm proud of that" immediately after, and in reference to, "gave back the symbols our country gave us?" If so, great ad.

Kerry said that last quote in reference to pride in his actions of anti-Veteran, Anti-War in the 70s. There is an edit, that the Ad makes obvious....inserting a white flash...so there is no question there is an snippage

HOWEVER,

The context of that statement does encompass his prior quoted comments. Its fair usage...its not a manipulation at all.
RobD
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a perfect ad for this time of the election. This ad exposes Kerry as a lier using his own words and also shows he can't be trusted on any statement he makes. Also we need to save the most damaging stuff for the last week of Oct.
bpilch
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the ads are needed in FL PA and Ohio. If Bush wins MN and WI, which he might, he will have won many other states including the tight ones. The ads need to be in the tightest races that need to be won....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 6 of 9

Jump to: