SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Enough of the No Spine Zone
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
McCloud
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 1:57 pm    Post subject: bor Reply with quote

Bill O'Reilly became successful. Hence he started to rub elbows with the media elite and the hollywood crowd. Human nature is to be liked. O'Reilly wants to be liked by his new found friends. Bill O'Reilly adjusts his moral position to coincide with his new friends. That, my brothers is a very slippery slope.
Ohio Voter
PO2

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 2:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Enough of the No Spine Zone Reply with quote

I sent BOR an email to say something that has been on my mind for a while. You inspired me but I was not so eloquent as you. I just said:

"You know, Bill OReilly seems to try to be so open minded he has lost his ability to put two and two together. I don't expect OReilly to be one sided and to follow his personal ideals, but give me a break. He is courting the Kerry camps generalities and out right lies as if they are offering documented proof. My goodness, has he opened his mind so far that his brains have spilled out and he can no longer put two and two together to come up with 4?"

NonLinear wrote:
Letter to Fox by me:

Sent to: Speakout@foxnews.com - Doubt BOR would read

I like Fox News - big time.

<snip>
where you really did give it a try. I'll try to remember you that way.
GeorgiaBoy
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BOR started his quest to the "dark side" shortly after the Radio Factor came into being. Up against RUSH, BOR had to appeal to some audience or his radio show would surely meet it's demise. Once he had compromised his positions for ratings on his radio show, it was then impossible to be a completely different BOR on his TV Show. Starting the Radio Factor was a big mistake.

Just my 2 cents
producehawk
PO1

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He will interview Bush next week. He has already said he thinks the pres has guts to go on his show. Meaning that kerry has no guts. I think it will be a fairly soft interview, with a few hard hitting questions, this is going to help Bush so much that kerry will have to start going on legit news shows. Kerry will not be able to stand up to any decent hard questions. So we will get the full measure of BOR when this happens. I think Bill is setting up a run for office. Some have said he wants a formal anchor job. Concidering the ratings, I doubt this is true. What ever, BOR is looking out for himself not us.
ScottyDog
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bill O"Reilly is a fraud.

He is nothing but a left winged TV Journalist that realized that conservatives were getting the ratings. He then jumped on the band wagon with the O'Reilly Factor

A couple of years ago he got in a dust up with Matt Drudge accusing him of being a rumor monger and not a "Journalist".

He went on the Don Imus show and accused Matt Drudge of being a Coke head. among other things. When things were hot and heavy, Matt said O'Reilly was a phony and was a left winged liberal.

In addition, he said BOR does polls to see what people want to watch to boost his ratings.

BOR attacked the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth and said he sided with John McCain.

His ratings have been tanking ever since because the real BOR was on that show.

O'Reilly is an elitist, hates the Internet, bashes talk radio and constantly bashes right winged bomb throwers like "Rush Limbaugh".

Is it any wonder he came to Dan Rather's defense?

He is not looking out for you but ratings, so he can get a raise on his 2.7 million contract with FoxNews. He is a Liberal masquerading as the truth detector.
SooZQ
PO2

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sitting here in my nightgown and
bunny slippers, sipping coffee and thoroughly
enjoying everyone's "PITHY" remarks! Laughing
KUDOS to the Pajama Gang!

BLOVIATIN' BILL....BLOWS!

Really support the troops, send them a letter and care package! Visit:http://www.anysoldier.com
wednesdaychild
PO3

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've basically stopped watching Bill and Greta. I do watch Sean hanity(even though allan is sickening) and Brit Humes is great and the Fox new info on the weekends is fair. I have been a real fan of bill, but he is not playing fair nwo, nad not callling a liar a liar. I wonder if someone has something "on" and that is why he is being so PC. Or do u thing maybe FOX told him to tone it down? Also i am not watching Geraldo , although lately all he is doing is covering the Hurricanes.

When bill's rating start slipping, he'll come arond.
lrb111
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It should be brought up, that every politician, every leader, every lying despot, has always based their platform on selling one idea.
"I'm looking out for you."
redneckvet
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the cover of John Kerry's book "Tour of Duty."

"Doug Brinkley suceeds in humanizing John Kerry, something the senator often has trouble doing himself. Tour of Duty is an incisive look at a man who would be president."
-Bill O'Reilly

.....sounds like they might be good friends.
Sisku Hanne
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I don't think O'Reilly's forward to "Tour of Doody" is particularly warm and glowing, I still think he's a closet Kerry supporter.
Not so long ago I was defending him and there was a time when I arranged my schedule around watching his show. Then a few months ago I sensed a perceptible change in his attitude. That pathetic Moore interview was strike one. The Swiftee bashing was strike two. This memogate waffle has been strike three.
Sorry Bill, you're oughta here. I'll watch the President Bush interviews next week, but then Bill's history. He's only looking out for himself now.

I wish they'd move Brit into Bill's timeslslot.
neverforget
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I stopped watching O'Reilly about 18 months ago. The more I had watched him and heard him, and really listened to his voice and manner of speaking, I knew I was hearing a man with way too many affectations. Manner of speaking reveals manner of thought, and what it revealed to me he is a man very, very full of himself, and not to be trusted with any of his so-called analysis of news.

Amen to lrb111.
ScottyDog
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sisku Hanne

I agree!!

I noticed the same thing. It started when the election started to heat up and at every opportunity he began to defend John Kerry.

He made remarks like "They both a true patriots" ,"I don't care what he did in Vietnam", "I believe John Kerry is a Patriot" "I have known John Kerry since I was a young man, he is an honest man".

What a bunch of bunk!

His friendship with John Kerry has blinded him to the Real John Kerry.

Have you ever noticed that liberals that do not want you to know how they come down politically always say there are "Independents"?

Independent from what, they just use that as a cover to conceal that they are flaming left winged communists.

The real Bill O'Reilly is starting to show his real colors on a nitely basis.

I believe the only reason he had John O'Neil on was damage control because of the e-mails and ratings that were tanking. Same thing as last nights show when he played a Dan Blather re-run. Dan Rather told O'Reilly he was not a partisan and did not favor Liberals.

LOL, Yet Bill continues to defend Blather's Journalistic Integrity.

Yep, the NO Spine Zone
knightowl77
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nonlinear (who started this thread) said

"I'm not particularly fond of Bush, and may just write someone in on the ballot. But John F Kerry is, in my humble opinion, a fake, a fraud, a liar, and someone who helped millions of friends of the United States into Pol Pot's killing fields and re-education camps while slandering his "band of brothers" under oath here at home."

While I agree that Bush is not perfect and has done some things wrong. In this fight, a vote for someone other than Bush helps John Kerry. We need to defeat John Kerry period. That is what matters, so please remember that every vote counts and Kerry needs to be beaten like no other presidential candidate has! We need to send that message to the country that traitors like Kerry will NEVER sit in the White House.
Cali-HeyGirl
Seaman

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eXcel wrote:
great letter. expresses everything a lot of us are feeling about BOR these days.

OOH-YAH! He was loosing me before the SwiftVets attacks outta his mouth....he just plain is too full of himself has forgotten the people out here that made his show by watching Rolling Eyes
God and Country
PO3

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 4:00 am    Post subject: Time to boycott BOR, now or after the election Reply with quote

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Please give input on when to boycott BOR, now or after the election.
Will it work? Will it move BOR back to the people who make him famous?
Input needed to see if it is a doable venture. Thanks

Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: