SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

a letter to me from Kerry
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military
View previous topic :: View next topic  
h3digital
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 5:24 pm    Post subject: a letter to me from Kerry Reply with quote

Dear Harry,

I stood with my brothers and sisters and volunteered for Vietnam. We who served banded together in combat, and worked together to fight for veterans' rights and benefits when we came home. Now we are organizing for a new cause -- taking back the White House.

I am honored that everywhere I go, I am joined by fellow veterans. Together, we have come a long way since the beginning of my campaign. Today we are kicking off a mission to organize 1 million "Veterans for Kerry" nationwide. And we are launching operations with coordinators in all fifty states.

From Maine to California, Veterans for Kerry will support those currently serving in the military, mobilize veterans, and give speeches on my behalf. Join Max Cleland, Fritz Hollings, my former crewmates, and others as our campaign demands better treatment for America's veterans and military families.

Join Veterans for Kerry today by visiting:

http://www.johnkerry.com/signup/veterans.php

From grassroots activism to unprecedented fundraising, you have accomplished so much for this campaign. During this week, when we honor our America's military heroes, I ask all of you, not just veterans, to demonstrate the strength of our commitment by helping military families.

Please make a contribution to the Intrepid Fallen Heroes Fund -- a group that assists military families who have lost loved ones in Afghanistan, Iraq, and around the world. The fund helps these families with immediate needs such as buying food, providing schooling for children, helping families afford their homes, and flying parents to the funerals of their fallen sons and daughters.

Learn more and make a contribution directly to the Intrepid Fallen Heroes Fund by visiting:

http://www.intrepidmuseum.org/foundation_heroesfund.html

Sincerely,

John Kerry
waltjones
PO2

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 5:32 pm    Post subject: apology? Reply with quote

Does anyone see an apology for his slander, his treason, and his mocking of the Iwo Jima Memorial? That's funny, I can't find it either .... Semper Fi!

Read what's next to my name below, h3analog.
ASPB
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harry,

I thought you were a disabled Vet that's pressed for money? If you can spend 12 hours a day babbling on this site by computer you could spend 12 hours a day supporting your supposedly starving children with the same computer.

Get a Life! Get a Job! Stop Whining! You're not going to convince anyone on this website to vote for Kerry and that's just a fact.
The bandit
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 5:49 pm    Post subject: Re: a letter to me from Kerry Reply with quote

h3digital wrote:
Dear Harry,

I stood with my brothers and sisters and volunteered for Vietnam. We who served banded together in combat, and worked together to fight for veterans' rights and benefits when we came home. Now we are organizing for a new cause -- taking back the White House.

Didn't stand by me. Didn't Kerry really volunteer to go to Paris? Didn't Kerry say in 1986 that he didn't want anything to do with Viet Nam and that is why he volunteered for coastal patrol?

Kerry came home from VN to fight for Vet's rights and benefits?

Oh gawd, who is really writing these posts?
h3digital
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is my job, my car, my life unfortanetly. Those things we'er taken from me. 5years at a good i mean good job, gone, my liscense gone, my physical well being gone, me being able to work EVER again, gone. Me still owing on a student loan. It's just some people, mostly young like myself who havn't been through what you all have in Nam, does not see things the same way. that's why we are Americans. We all have our opions. I don't pity myself, I did, but i'm only human. I don't make others feel sorry for me. I do what I can when I can do it. God Bless you all. Yes people have helped me, and I've accepted it. I feel Bush has not. I've been a Vet and since 96, in the golden Clinton years. I have to fight tooth and nail now adays. thanks to a Congressman who is a fellow Veteran. Wayne Gilchrest 1st dist. Maryland.
ASPB

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

h3digital wrote:
This is my job, my car, my life unfortanetly. Those things we'er taken from me. 5years at a good i mean good job, gone, my liscense gone, my physical well being gone, me being able to work EVER again, gone. Me still owing on a student loan. It's just some people, mostly young like myself who havn't been through what you all have in Nam, does not see things the same way. that's why we are Americans. We all have our opions. I don't pity myself, I did, but i'm only human. I don't make others feel sorry for me. I do what I can when I can do it. God Bless you all. Yes people have helped me, and I've accepted it. I feel Bush has not. I've been a Vet and since 96, in the golden Clinton years. I have to fight tooth and nail now adays. thanks to a Congressman who is a fellow Veteran. Wayne Gilchrest 1st dist. Maryland.

If trolling this website is your job Harry. You're doing a ****** job of it. BTW, who's paying you....The Kerry Campaign? Stop Whining. You obviously can read, write and type; so get a life! Get a real job! And for God's sake, stop whining and talking about a freaking politician helping you. Help yourself!
waltjones
PO2

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 6:12 pm    Post subject: get specific Reply with quote

OK, h3, time for a little show and tell. How exactly did Clinton's abysmal Veteran's and military policies help you? Exactly what has been withheld from you that you think you deserve from Bush? Bush has increased vet's spending much more than Clinton did. Are you saying Bush hurt you with a reduction in some specific area? Just curious .... if Bush is bad for vets, please prove it. Semper Fi!
The bandit
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

h3digital wrote:

What is Bush suppose to do to help you? Things are much different then when I was in the service.....when I came back I didn't feel I was owed anything by the govt except for care of a stake wound through my left hand from a dead gook who wasn't really dead.

Gov't gave me a real low interest VA loan, I bought a home that just happened to be right off a future main drag of a town and the home became its worth in gold 20 years later.

If you look at most who came back in the 60's and early 70's you will find they turned out very well with what was offered.
hist/student
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

retracted

Last edited by hist/student on Sat Jul 24, 2004 3:37 am; edited 2 times in total
Armorer
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

h3digital wrote:

It amazes me how similar our stories are yet how differently we view Kerry. Remember, this is about Kerry, not Bush and not Clinton. But since you bring up the Clinton years I am compelled to mention that I too joined the ranks of Veterans during his term (97). I too receive my monthly disability check from the VA. I have the student loans and I even live in Maryland. I don't know the nature of your disability, it's apparently more severe than mine, but I am constantly bombarded by the efforts of DAV, the VA and other organizations to put my ass to some kind of work. If they can find a quadrapalegic on a respirator a job he's happy with than maybe they can help you out. As for me, I've recently signed a waiver of rights to compensation so that I can go back on active duty. It's tough, I need alot of waivers... but if amputees can make it through jump school I won't let my disability keep me out of the fight. My greatest fear is that Kerry might win just when I'm coming back on active duty. I suffered through the shame of serving under Clinton... I'd hate to have to hold my nose for another four years.
ASPB

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All my thanks for your service Armorer. You represent exactly what it means to a true "American Patriot". May a Higher Power bless you and yours!
good luck on the Re-Up. They need men with your spirit.

And another Thing: I'd say the same thing even if you were a Kerry supporter, but I would have to question your sanity! Laughing

Last edited by ASPB on Fri Jun 04, 2004 7:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
War Dog
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Attention!"

"Armorer"

"Hand Salute!"

"Ready, Front!"

"At Ease"

Woof!

When cops need help, they call the K-9 unit."
Armorer
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey... I just want to make it clear that I'm not the quadrapalegic on the respirator... that's the guy on the pamphlet with the smile telling me that I can still have a job. I appreciate the salutes and all, but save them for my commissioning. Very Happy My intentions mean little unless I achieve my goal. In war all the effort in the world means squat if you don't accomplish your mission. Besides, I'm sure there's alot more people on this board and elsewhere that rate a salute more than me. For now at least, I'm just your humble armorer...
waltjones
PO2

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 7:52 pm    Post subject: Good luck and take care! Reply with quote

Armorer: "My intentions mean little unless I achieve my goal. "

Sheesh .... sounds like you've already been thru Marine OCS! Wink

Semper Fi!
MikeWinn
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do believe you will be an excellent Marine officer, Armorer! BTW, H3 said earlier that Kerry sent him some form letter attesting to gathering 1 million vets for his support. That's 1 million out of about 23 million. And by the way, I just read this from CBS (not your father's conservative station)

And as both presidential candidates vie for the veterans vote in 2004, right now President Bush holds a clear lead among those who have served. Veterans are also more likely than other voters to approve of how the president is handling both Iraq and the overall war on terror.

I for one will be glad when this crap is over so dubya can get back to work leading this great country. Long ashes, y'all.

GunnerMike
Spectre Gunner and 141 FE
Dedicated to Rico. KIA March 14, 1971.
Love ya man.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: