SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CBS "Documents" damning Bush may be fakes
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jalexson
PO3

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Balloon Artist wrote:
Remember the "Lost Hitler Diaries" of the mid 80's.

They thought those were real too.

If this is a copy of a document, there should be an original somewhere.

CBS has admitted that it didn't look at the "original" documents if there ever were any original documents.
"That awful power, the public opinion of a nation, is created in America by a horde of ignorant, self-complacent simpletons who failed at ditching and shoe making and fetched up in journalism on their way to the poor house."
-- Mark Twain
emet
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 3:31 am    Post subject: CBS Docs Reply with quote

In 45 years of working for the government, military and civilian, I've never seen a document with a subject heading "CYA".

Isn't that like writing "Scam" for an itemized deduction in your 1040?
clipper
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the distant furure, long after most of us are gone frm the scene, historians will write about the "Document" scandal as a footnote of the election of 2004. Included in the footnote status will be the career of Dan Rather of CBS, a former reporter that made his name covering the death of a president, and gave it all back trying to destroy another president by serving up fiction as fact, and then refusing to admit that he knew the difference.
RogerRabbit
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 3:45 pm    Post subject: Difference in documents Reply with quote

Not a doubt in the world

DevilDon
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's been my experience that most military correspondence is done in the first style. I've never seen correspondence with a centered address line on top. It seems queer that the typefaces are so difference given the correspondence shown is from the same unit. You'd think you'd use the best in corresponding with the Pentagon.

It's also very unusual to use a full rank in military correspondence as it's intent isn't unclear Lt Col. is as easily understood in the military as Lt. Colonel.

Lastly, has anybody looked at those signatures? One is clearly a man's and the other......? I think an analyst would shoot the crap out of this one.
skygod325
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello vets,

As you probally all now know, CBS is admitting the documents are fakes. It is funny that it took them so long. A fourth grader that uses MS Word can reconize a Word document. I also have never seen a full title on a correpondence. I think we all know what LTC. is and CPT. is. This was not even a standard forgery. You really have to question CBS with going forward with a very serious charge with such flimsy evidence. They did produce the LTC. aid. A 85 year old woman who said "I did not write those memo's...but I know he felt that way." Wow that is some hard hitting proof! How a 85 year old unit clerk talking about her former bosses feelings 35 years ago. The liberals and Dems are fighting for their lives right now and are using every dirty tactic to drag George W's name through the mud.
Reporter: "So how do you think your boss "Felt" 35 years ago?"
Subject: "He "felt" the same way those fake documents that I didn't write "Felt"."
This story is getting so bad it is turning quite funny!
DrEntropy
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sadly, E.R. Murrow has gotta be spinning up to red line by now.

I've looked at as many of my letters/documents from the era as I could find and -in every instance- the "th," "rd" or "st" is used, it is in upper case. On "official" doc's like TDY orders, DD-214 et al, it looks like the caps lock was on the entire time! The only doc's containing lower case are the "attaboy" letters and correspondence on personal missives like request for authorizing off-base housing (and most of those are on letterhead paper BTW).

'course it was th' zoomies, not the ANG. But I'd bet the clerks' "rules" were about the same in both services regarding Official Correspondence.

Now it appears Ms. Mapes has one mammary inna wringer, as well she should. Her daddy didn't give her much support either. Ouch!

CBS "news" is in deep kimchee boys. Keep yer toes out from under!

"The flames kindled on the fourth of July, seventeen hundred and seventy six, have spread over too much of the globe to be extinguished by the feeble engines of despotism." -- Thomas Jefferson
WBrown
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting. The DRUDGE Report is now reporting that Mr. Burkett is filing a lawsuit against CBS News for releasing his name and destroying his reputation. Said the only reason he sent the documents to CBS was that they were the only network that ensured him they would perform a thorough investigation of the documents and not reveal their source.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: