SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

More Integrity at CBS News Than with Swifties and FOX?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FlyLow
Seaman Apprentice

Location: Texas...where many of us are NOT rich Republicans...but many of us are CONSERVATIVES!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 12:07 am    Post subject: More Integrity at CBS News Than with Swifties and FOX? Reply with quote

CBS News not as awful as Swift Boat Veterans for Truth. Declaring that "we all know that George Bush got into the Guard because he was a son of privilege, that he stayed in despite breaking the rules because he was privileged," on Saturday's Capital Gang on CNN, Time's Margaret Carlson predicted that while CBS News would end up apologizing for its mis-reporting, "we will wait a long time before various cable channels and Fox apologizes for the swift boat ads and the commentary on their channels, which turned out not to be true. Almost -- I think every aspect of what they said has been disproved by Navy records."

That's preposterous since much of what they have charged has been proven, at the very least, more accurate than Kerry's claims.
On the September 18 Capital Gang, Carlson opined:
"CBS's problem was they tried to prove a story that doesn't need to be proved. We all know that George Bush got into the Guard because he was a son of privilege, that he stayed in despite breaking the rules because he was privileged, and that he left early and got an honorable discharge because he was a son of privilege.
"CBS will end up, if they are wrong, as it appears to be, apologizing for their mistake, and we will wait a long time before various cable channels and Fox apologizes for the swift boat ads and the commentary on their channels, which turned out not to be true. Almost -- I think every aspect of what they said has been disproved by Navy records and today by the Navy IG."

A bit later, Bob Novak corrected her: "Let me respond to something that Margaret said, all this stuff about the Swift Boat for Truth ads have been proved wrong. I don't think that's true at all. I've talked to several of the -- of the -- of the Naval commanders who tell stories about the, that the claims of Senator Kerry as a lieutenant were -- were not justified. The Naval IG said you cannot go back to these and re-investigate these awards of medals 30 years ago. That's all he said. He didn't say that he had investigated them and they're all valid. He said that it's, in his opinion, the Navy IG couldn't do it."

Admin note: Topic amended to reflect post
tigers tamed, bars emptied, virgins converted, orgies organized.
neverforget
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing like a provocative subject title!!! I thought for a moment Ben Barnes and Burkett had kidnapped you, and made you drink lie serum and turned you into a leftist.

Yea, Texas BBQ.
BB Stacker
Seaman

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's obvious that these Democrat talking heads go by the fax machine and pick up their talking points before going on the air. It's an exercise in collusion to watch them all say the same things on the same days about the same subjects. Where is the intellectual integrity? Have they no issues that will sway public thinking their way without using outright lies?
68RSVN
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carlson's remarks just show how baised the main stream press is. She repeats the lie that the Swiftboat guys have been disproved. As far as I know, NOT ONE of the points in Unfit For Command has been disproved.
lrb111
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Dems are relying on repetition of lies, all towing the party talking points. Sorry, but i don't see how it's helpful to repeat them here.
drjohn
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the September 18 Capital Gang, Carlson opined:
"CBS's problem was they tried to prove a story that doesn't need to be proved. We all know that George Bush got into the Guard because he was a son of privilege, that he stayed in despite breaking the rules because he was privileged, and that he left early and got an honorable discharge because he was a son of privilege.
"CBS will end up, if they are wrong, as it appears to be, apologizing for their mistake, and we will wait a long time before various cable channels and Fox apologizes for the swift boat ads and the commentary on their channels, which turned out not to be true. Almost -- I think every aspect of what they said has been disproved by Navy records and today by the Navy IG."

As a scientist and researcher, I find dubious assertions in the absence of evidence unconscionable. This twit Carlson claims to "think" but actually has not delved a toe's depth into this subject and really deserves to be batted about the ears for this contentious statement. Thus she really does not "think" at all, as that suggests cognition. What she does is "hope" and regurgitate. She needs to be more definitive.
drjohn

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CNN

Opinion unburdened by fact.
drjohn

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My letter to CNN Capital Gang

Opinion free of a factual basis is inappropriate for viewers and speaks poorly of those who engage in such. I'd like to know on what basis Carlson makes these comments and what research she has done to make this astounding statement. Quite to the contrary, it is John Kerry's accounts which do not bear scrutiny. What Carlson has done in express her wishes rather than the facts- which in fairness ought to be disclosed to viewers. Should she care to attempt to defend this gross mischaracterization, I am available for debate.
jataylor11
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The conservatives on these panels need to respond to this assertion "the Swift Boat Vets claims have been proven false" with

NAME ONE --- NAME ONE ASSERTION FROM UNFIT FOR COMMAND THAT HAS BEEN PROVEN FALSE.

This statement has been made over and over without any proof --- everyone needs start demanding their proof.

I suggest another mass e-mailing of this suggestion to the conservative or neutral talking heads.
Ogre
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This has definitlly been a Dem talking point for a week or more. As was mentioned in another thread, Juan Williams has been spouting it for a while.
rb325th
Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The line about "all the Swift Boat Claims have been proven false" is one of the bigger lies being perpertrated upon the public by the MSM today!!
It hardly gets questioned by anyone and soon it will become like Gospel. The more the public hears it with no contradition from other Talking Heads, the more it will become "fact".
GT
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I, too, have watched the pattern emerging over the past two weeks of more and more in the media dismissing the Swiftboat claims as having all been disproven. Anyone following closely knows it isn't the truth but those stating the disinformation are aiming at the broader audience who doesn't follow so closely. I hope the Swiftvets read our posts in which we are alerting them to those individuals in the media we catch spreading disinformation so SBVT can respond to them and set the record straight.
Marine4life

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calm down folks, I work with mostly democrats (union) and they are getting poed at Kerry and the talking heads also. They know that it hasn't been disproven and they are asking questions too. They are questioning their own party about all of these lies. Many democrats are tired of being called liars then proven to be liars. The big talking heads will soon be talking to each other if they continue. I know of several democrats that are disgusted with Kerry and their party, they could be converts in the making. Bloggers are forever going to check the MSM and the politicians, we will benefit in the future. Americans are not as dumb as michael moore wants us to be, noone has seen any claims of the swiftvets disproven. While they are talking the lies Kerry is losing ground, he couldn't get a message out if he had to and he has to. The talking heads should be toughting his agenda but they are still in damage control therefore he keeps falling in the polls. While they are still repairing or misrepresenting the damage we win, and now they have a new and devestating ad to contend with. Just my .02 and sorry that I have been AWOL for awhile, my wife has been ill and I have been playing work and Mr. Mom. Semper Fi.
Paul Woll
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was under the impression that the pilot program of the national guard was not difficult to get into because of the 6 year committment. There were a lot of vacancies for those who wanted to commit for that length of time. Besides, the only source that he had preferential treatment is from Barnes, #3 Kerry individual contributor, liar under oath, called a liar by his own daughter.
poseidon
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul Woll wrote:
I was under the impression that the pilot program of the national guard was not difficult to get into because of the 6 year committment. There were a lot of vacancies for those who wanted to commit for that length of time. Besides, the only source that he had preferential treatment is from Barnes, #3 Kerry individual contributor, liar under oath, called a liar by his own daughter.

Given Bush's father's military record as a pilot, I would expect that he would be given a little preferential treatment getting into flight school.
This is just the military taking care of it's own and has nothing to do with being the son of a politician
Quote:
throughout 1944, he had flown 58 combat missions for which he received the Distinguished Flying Cross, three Air Medals, and the Presidential Unit Citation awarded San Jacinto.

Full history here Lieutenant Junior Grade George Bush, USNR

However once accepted into a program he would have had to stand on his own, which he did admirably
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: