SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

“SwiftBoat” is now a VERB!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DerbyRed
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 1:11 pm    Post subject: “SwiftBoat” is now a VERB!!! Reply with quote

The Seattle Post-Intelligencer has seen fit to compare the SBVFT with the CBS/Rather kerfuffle. Now I know all that super-thin air out there effects their thought processes, but this represents a greater stretch than normal. You know this is the land of Rep Jim Dermott (D WA-7) and Sen Patty Murray -- two über-liberal whackos who are just a bit to the left of Lenin!!!

The editorial is about CBS, yet URL sez “swiftboated” . . . CBS got “SwiftBoated” -- “SwiftBoat” is now a damn verb!!! And a bad one at that . . . reminiscent of the verb that was created by Ted Kennedy & the Senate Judiciary Committee back in ’87 . . . “borking.” WTH, CBS is a “scandal” . . . when did the SBVFT campaign become a “scandal”???

And don’t miss SP-I’s wishful thinking re: “The sinking of the Swift Boat campaign . . . “!! Did we miss it? Is it over??? > > > GBA/cul/dmm

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/opinion/191634_swiftboated.html

Swiftboated

Seattle Post-Intelligencer
Tuesday, September 21, 2004

Self-inflicted black eye

Seattle Post-Intelligencer Editorial Board

In the flap over the 35-year-old military records of George W. Bush and John Kerry, it seems poetic justice that discredit has fallen on those who would discredit them.

First it was the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth. Now it's the Columbia Broadcasting System. That second violation of public trust is by far the more damaging.

"After extensive additional interviews," CBS News "60 Minutes" newsman Dan Rather said yesterday, "I no longer have the confidence in these documents that would allow us to continue vouching for them journalistically. I find we have been misled on the key question of how our source for the documents came into possession of these papers."

In short, the authenticity of the documents was insufficiently vetted before the broadcast on Bush's Texas Air National Guard record was aired. The vaunted CBS News operation was either sloppy or duped. It's a bad day at Black Rock.

Other allegations about Bush's Guard experience still stand, including former Texas House Speaker Ben Barnes' statement that he helped Bush avoid the Vietnam War by helping him get into the National Guard and The Boston Globe's analysis showing that Bush "fell well short of meeting his military obligation." Neither is based on the questionable memos.

The sinking of the Swift Boat campaign and the black eye for CBS suggest that what each of the candidates would do in the future remains more important than what they did -- or did not do -- in the past.
[url][/url]

Admin note: Link supplied
RogerRabbit
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
swiftboat n

1. Conformity to fact or actuality.
2. A statement proven to be or accepted as true.
3. Sincerity; integrity.
4. Fidelity to an original or standard.
1. Reality; actuality.
2. often Truth That which is considered to be the supreme reality and to have the ultimate meaning and value of existence.

swiftboated v
1. The act of bringing forth the truth
2. Caugt in the act of telling known falsehoods
3. Having one's nose grow to gigantic lengths
[/quote]
Geano
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The sinking of the Swift Boat campaign

Heh heh heh...

Go on, under-estimate us....try to ignore us....

Don't they realize that it took about 6-20 minutes for the first post to hit with suspicion that CBS was 'swiftboating' themselves with forged documents, and that by 59 minutes, somebody had already created the first duplicates of those documents, and within 2 hours, the CBS eye had more dust particles in it than the Mojave? That was just on the Swiftvets boards!

And that was just one issue.

That's cool... MSM wants to stay in denial over the power of the pajama party.

Keep feeding us, MSM... . We love retractions and apologies. We like to watch you squirm.

MSM's the ones with a sinking boat...courtesy of the Swifties.

On Patrol in Pajamas...(and not Kerry Cong Black-uns either).
Dimsdale
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very interesting.

Quote:
First it was the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth. Now it's the Columbia Broadcasting System. That second violation of public trust is by far the more damaging.

One has to wonder how the Post-Intelligencer defines "violation of public trust" and how that could possible apply to the SBVT.

Quote:
Other allegations about Bush's Guard experience still stand, including former Texas House Speaker Ben Barnes' statement that he helped Bush avoid the Vietnam War by helping him get into the National Guard and The Boston Globe's analysis showing that Bush "fell well short of meeting his military obligation." Neither is based on the questionable memos.

Yet they are based on questionable witnesses. Again, not a problem that the SBVT for truth has.

Quote:
The sinking of the Swift Boat campaign and the black eye for CBS suggest that what each of the candidates would do in the future remains more important than what they did -- or did not do -- in the past.

It is almost laughable if it weren't so falsely defamatory. I think the world is about to find out that the reports of the "sinking of the Swift Boat campaign" are wildly exaggerated. It is simply another attempt by the Kerry leftists to bury a story under an avalanche of constantly repeated lies. They should be called on it.

This is a deceptive and fact deprived commentary that reveals the Post-Intelligencer to more closely resemble the discredited CBS than a reliable news source.

In order to restore reality to the term "swiftboated," it would have to be applied to Kerry and Rather, as in "the process by which both were revealed for what they are by the truth and the actions of a large number of concerned citizens."

THAT is the real definition of "swiftboated."
Tom Poole
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 2:27 pm    Post subject: “SwiftBoat” is now a VERB!!! Reply with quote

RogerRabbit wrote:
swiftboat n
1. Conformity to fact or actuality...

I don't know the source of your quote but if it's you, I like your definitions. I for one, am very, very tired of Kerry's continuous nuances, cheap shots and outrageous lies. I'm also sick of his habit of bringing up a subject, e.g., Veitnam, post-Vietnam, Bush's TANG service, etc., then criticizing anyone who would probe the subject. Face it Kerry, you're just an old frustrated hippie who has not been true to his real feelings; you've succumbed to the need for a comfortable rich widow and become a lap poodle. You've allied yourself with McAuliffe, Rather, Burkett, Barnes, Harkin, Kennedy, Sanders, the VVAW, and many, many other very unsavory characters whose business is redefining, parsing and obfuscating, and now you want to be president. Swiftboat this!
tugboatphil
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 2:43 pm    Post subject: Re: “SwiftBoat” is now a VERB!!! Reply with quote

DerbyRed wrote:
. . . reminiscent of the verb that was created by Ted Kennedy & the Senate Judiciary Committee back in ’87 . . . “borking.”

With Kennedy, a better verb might be "Chappaquidicked". As in, Vince Foster became a liability, so he was Chappaquidicked by the Clintonistas.

Don't Sweat the Mule Goin' Blind,
Just Keep Loadin' the Wagon.
cipher
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To "swiftboat" as a verb is sort of a multi-dimensional fisking. A multiplexed approach to bringing out the truth by means of disassembly and fact-checking, then promulgating the results in mass media, conventional brick-and-mortar publishing, paid advertisements, talk show appearances, and -- of course, internet blogging. There are checks and balances, which is more than can be said of the Left Stream Media -- even with Rather's wimpy apology and promises to "find the real truth". I'm sure Dan will have a meeting with O.J. on the golf course to discuss strageties for finding the real criminals.

I don't view it as a BAD verb. Just a verb. That the word conjures an image in the minds of those that read or hear it is not necessarily a bad thing.
Defense contractor for US Navy, SSPO, SP-20, SP-24, OP-12 84-92
Geano
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With all due respect for PCF's:

Swift: Moving a great distance in a short time; moving with celerity or velocity; fleet; rapid; quick; speedy; prompt
Boat: Transitive verb: to place or transport in a boat. Noun: a dish (often boat-shaped) for serving gravy or sauce
ED: Acronym: Effective Dose; Erectile Dysfunction
-ing: denoting material used for or associated with a process

Therefore:

“(to) Swiftboat”: “Move a great distance in a short time and speedily load the gravy or sauce and dispense an effective dose in order to render the target unable to respond appropriately.”

Swiftboated: “ Having been subjected to the process by which large numbers of Biological Computers interfaced with Cybernetics and Hyperspace moved a great distance in a short time, speedily loaded the gravy or sauce, and dispensed an effective dose of truth which rendered the victim unable to respond in an appropriate manner.”

Swiftboating: The process of denoting the material necessary to produce the Swiftboat effect.
cipher
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(Apologies to Adam Sandler and no offense intended to rbshirley!)

Perhaps one of the most interesting words in the English language today is the word "swiftboat".
Out of all the English words that begin with the letter S, "swiftboat" is the only word referred to as "The S word."
It’s the one magical word that just by its sound can describe pain, pleasure, hate and love.
"Swiftboat" as most words in the English language, is derived from Latin.
The word "Swift" which means "Fast", and the word "Boat" as in "designed to sink".
In English, "swiftboat" falls into many grammatical categories.
As a transitive verb for instance, "Shirley swiftboated Kerry," as an intransitive verb, "Shirley swiftboats."
It’s meaning is not always nautical.
It can be used as an adjective such as, "Shirley’s doing all the swiftboat work."
As part of an adverb, "Shirley fisks too swiftboating much."
As an adverb enhancing an adjective, "Shirley is swiftboating wonderful."
As the object of an adverb, "Shirley is swiftboating beautifully."
As a noun, "I don’t give a swiftboat."
As part of a word, "Abso-swiftboating-lutly" or "In-swiftboating-credible."
And as almost every word in a sentence, "Swiftboat the swiftboating swiftboaters."
As you may realise, there are very few words with the versatility of "swiftboat."
As in these examples describing situations such as, Truth: "I got swiftboated by the bloggers."
Dismay: "Aww, swiftboat it," trouble: "I guess I’m really swiftboated now."
Aggression: "Don’t swiftboat with me buddy."
Difficulty: "I don’t understand this swiftboating question."
Inquiry: "Who the swiftboat was that?"
Dissatisfaction: "I don’t like what the swiftboat is going on here."
Incompetence: "He’s a non-swiftboater."
Dismissal: "Why don’t you go outside and play hide and go swiftboat yourself.?"
I’m sure you can think of many more examples.
With all of these multipurpose applications, how can anyone be offended when you use this word?
We say use this unique, flexible word more often in your daily speech.
It will identify the quality of your character immediately, so say it loudly and proudly, SWIFTBOAT!
Defense contractor for US Navy, SSPO, SP-20, SP-24, OP-12 84-92

Last edited by cipher on Tue Sep 21, 2004 4:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL! Love it!

Take the word they try to use as a pejorative and use it, yourself.

Bloggers, help us out with this one, if you like.

Kerry's getting swiftboated, badly!

CBS and RAthER are sooooo swifted!

Hey, it's worked before! Very Happy

Just look how many people are now "Proud members of the Vast Right-Wing Conspiracy." Wink
BuffaloJack
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A year ago the general population didn't even know what a swiftboat was.
Now it is in such common usage that it has become a part of the everyday American speech as both a noun and a verb.
Kerry and company have been swiftboated by the Swiftvets and they don't like it.
Excellent !!!
DerbyRed
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank y’all . . . I was hoping to inject a little levity in the proceedings. Seemed like we were all getting too preoccupied trying keep everything that’s going on around us in perspective.

But in the true spirit of the “blogosphere’, I’ve gotta come clean. When I ran across the op-ed, I kept wondering how in the world someone -- even a LeftCoast whacko -- could have figured out a way to combine the two instead of treating them as mutually exclusive (i.e. SBVFT = ‘positive’ and CBS = ‘negative’ -- that may work for batteries, but not for this!!!)

When I saw what the SP-I did with their URL, I figured it was just too good to pass up. In fact, they tag all of their ‘editorial’ pieces with “ed” in the URL. It just caught my eye when I was copying the URL for my post.

Y’all certainly took the ball and ran with it . . . those response-posts are absolutely “swiftboat.” And, yes, y’all’ve probably created a great in-house shorthand for identifying all things great and proper and dedicated to truth, justice and the American way . . . Ooooh, I’m getting dizzy. Man, everything’s just positively “swiftboat”!!! > > > GBA/cul/dmm
MarineBrat
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 12:59 am    Post subject: Re: “SwiftBoat” is now a VERB!!! Reply with quote

tugboatphil wrote:
With Kennedy, a better verb might be "Chappaquidicked". As in, Vince Foster became a liability, so he was Chappaquidicked by the Clintonistas.

Wink

From http://www.freerepublic.com/forum/a3a1fed9e6421.htm

-- THE LEXICON OF FREEREPUBLIC --

Arkancide = Mysterious death that somehow manages to happen to former friends of Bill and Hillary Clinton. Usually ruled a "suicide" by the "controlling legal authorities" that happen to be conducting the investigation. Usually the body is found with all the fixin's; suicide note (in two or more handwriting styles), unregistered handgun (sometimes in a different caliber than the one the "suicide" was accomplished using), and "air-tight" alibis passed around like free popcorn.

Arkansas Dirt Nap - a synonym of Arkancide.

MarineBrat
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: