SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How Kerry hood-winked talk radio...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Geoffrey
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 9:27 pm    Post subject: Thanks for the support! Reply with quote

I'm happy to see others rally around this topic. I've seen a couple of articles on NewsMax.com but have yet to hear much on other media. I remember the whole Iran-Contra affair and was not surprised when it fell apart -- the "evidence" was manufactured, a now-familiar Kerry/Liberal method of operations -- nor was I surprised when the "mainstream media" ignored the facts and went right on reporting the lies.

Anyone who would care to can forward any of my statements -- along with my e-mail address and name, which are in the SwiftVets registration info -- to anyone they think might be able to lend support to keeping the communist sympathiser out of the White House. I'm not afraid of public scrutiny nor am I afraid of the Liberal slur machine. Come what may, we must all hang together -- or, most surely, we will hang seperately.

Gunzup!
Geoffrey, Gainesville, FL
Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, and I wish radio and tv talking heads would throw out there stuff

about Kerry's family making a fortune from the business contract with

Vietnam.... was that done by legal contract bidding???? HA!
be arrested, exiled or hanged.
coldwarvet
Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"And now for the rest of the story"

CWV

"Peace is our Profession"
Strategic Air Command - Motto

USAF 75-79 Security Police
Tom Poole
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 11:14 pm    Post subject: How Kerry hood-winked talk radio... Reply with quote

Geoffrey wrote:
...I think Kerry would put up with nearly anything to keep Rush Limbaugh, Michael Savage, Mike Reagan (especially Reagan!), Laura Ingram, et. al. from talking about his "negotiations" with Daniel Ortega. Notice his cohort, Tom Harkin (D-Iowa) has been one of the most vocal figures keeping the whole VN thing in the press...

Thanks for the reminder. I agree with this completely and have a new theory. Consider the possiblility that Kerry would REALLY do ANYTHING to keep the focus off his Nicaragua shenanigans. Today, he jumped all the way from the Bush TANG issue to Iraq and has uttered the worst outrage of the campaign.
Fox News wrote:
Kerry said...in August he would have voted that way even had he known there were no banned weapons in Iraq.

"Incredibly, he now believes our national security would be stronger with Saddam Hussein (search) in power and not in prison," Bush said. "He's saying he prefers the stability of a dictatorship to the hope and security of democracy.

This enormous outrage attempts to remove any sunshine from Harkin's lies about being a Vietnam pilot, Swiftee issues, his "missing 19 years" and the Rather forgeries, while effecting a clever non sequitur. Although Kerry hopes to refocus our attention to Iraq, this already has been described as the "mother of all flip-flops."
MJB
LCDR

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 12:23 am    Post subject: Re: How Kerry hood-winked talk radio... Reply with quote

Geoffrey wrote:
Kerry knew in 2002 when he was preparing his "search committee" that, if his Senate record became an issue or was even talked about on talk radio, they would start at the beginning: 1985. If they did, he knew he was done-for. So he had to come up with some way of distracting conservative talk radio. I guess he rolled the dice and figured he would rather weather the storm over his post-Vietnam activites than have anyone talk about his first four years as a Senator.

Outstanding...my education continues anew.

Now, work with me here people...I was just starting my working life as a baby lieutenant, working rotating shifts, when Iran-Contra blew up.

Didn't our buddy Oliver North lie to congress about his role in all of this?

Educate me some more....
ashter
Seaman

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geoffrey,

Do you have any other reference sites with this information? This is the first I have heard of this, and would like to do more research.

And I just have one question....

If Kerry was known to have collaborated with the North Vietnamese while still a commissioned officer in the USNR, been at meetings discussing senator assassinations, and found to be criminally involved with the Nicaragua, then how in the world did he get on the Senate Intelligence Committee?
coldwarvet
Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry is on trial.

Let us methodically build our case. And on 11/2/2004 the jury will speak. And the entire country will turn pollster red with its verdict. How much innocent blood is on Kerry’s account?

CWV

"Peace is our Profession"
Strategic Air Command - Motto

USAF 75-79 Security Police

Last edited by coldwarvet on Tue Sep 21, 2004 7:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Geoffrey
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 6:51 pm    Post subject: References...Sorry for a long post Reply with quote

Spanish speakers, start here: http://www.venezuelanet.org/John%20Kerry%20y%20Daniel%20Ortega.htm

Here's the story, in brief, from NationMaster.com:

Meeting with Ortega
On April 18, 1985, a few months after taking his Senate seat, Kerry got his first taste of the Washington, DC spotlight as a politician as he and Senator Tom Harkin of Iowa traveled to Nicaragua and met the country's president, Daniel Ortega. Though Ortega was democratically elected, the trip was criticized because Ortega and his leftist Sandinista government had strong ties to Cuba and the USSR. The Sandinista government was opposed by the right-wing CIA-backed rebels known as the Contras. While in Nicaragua, Kerry and Harkin talked to people on both sides of the conflict. Through the senators, Ortega offered a cease-fire agreement in exchange for the US dropping support of the Contras. The offer was denounced by the Reagan administration as a "propaganda initiative" designed to influence a House vote on a $14 million Contra aid package, but Kerry said "I am willing...to take the risk in the effort to put to test the good faith of the Sandinistas." The House voted down the Contra aid, but Ortega flew to Moscow to accept a $200 million loan the next day, an act which in part prompted the House to pass a larger $27 million aid package six weeks later.
Iran-Contra hearings
In April 1986, Kerry and Sen. Christopher Dodd, a Democrat from Connecticut, proposed that hearings be conducted by the Senate Foreign Relations Committee regarding charges of Contra involvement in cocaine and marijuana trafficking. Sen. Richard Lugar of Indiana, the Republican chairman of the committee, agreed to conduct the hearings.

Meanwhile, Kerry's staff began their own investigations, and on October 14 issued a report which exposed illegal activities on the part of Lt. Col. Oliver North, who they contended set up a private network involving the National Security Council and the CIA to deliver military equipment to right-wing Nicaraguan rebels (Contras). In effect, North and certain members of the President's administration were accused by Kerry's report of illegally funding and supplying armed militants without the authorization of Congress.

These parties were said to be involved in shipping cocaine and marijuana to the United States, with the profits from the sales going to pay for the Contra weaponry. The investigation, Kerry's report said, raised "serious questions about whether the United States has abided by the law in its handling of the contras over the past three years." The Kerry report generated a firestorm of controversy and marked the beginning of years of investigations, hearings, and televised proceedings, which altogether, were referred to by some as the Iran-Contra affair. On May 4, 1989, North was convicted of charges relating to the Iran/Contra controversy, including three felonies. On September 16, 1991, however, North's convictions were overturned on appeal because North's testimony before Congress under immunity may have affected testimony in the trial. [http://www.nytimes.com/learning/general/onthisday/991224onthisday_big.html][http://www.snopes.com/rumors/north.htm]
Other investigations
Kerry's inquiry eventually widened, expanding its focus from the Contras to U.S. involvement in Cuba, Haiti, the Bahamas, Panama, and Honduras. In 1989, he released a report that slammed the Reagan administration for neglecting and undermining anti-drug efforts while pursuing other objectives in foreign policy. The report contended that the U.S. government "turned a blind eye" in the 1980s to the corruption and drug dealings of CIA-backed Panamanian dictator Manuel Noriega, who had assisted the Contras. Kerry's report concluded that the CIA and the State Department had known that "individuals who provided support for the contras were involved in drug trafficking...and elements of the contras themselves knowingly received financial and material assistance from drug traffickers." While some critics attacked him as being a "conspiracy theorist," the CIA inspector general released a pair of reports that confirmed Kerry's findings ten years later.
Kerry and the Bush Administration
On November 15, 1988, at a businessmen's breakfast in East Lynn, Mass., Kerry made a joke about president-elect George H.W. Bush and his running mate, stating "if Bush is shot, the Secret Service has orders to shoot Quayle". He apologized the following day.

During their investigation of Noriega, Kerry's staff found reason to believe that the Pakistan-based Bank of Credit and Commerce International (BCCI) had facilitated Noriega's drug trafficking and money laundering. This led to a separate inquiry into BCCI, and as a result, banking regulators shut down BCCI in 1991. In December 1992, Kerry and Sen. Hank Brown, a Republican from Colorado, released The BCCI Affair, a report on the BCCI scandal. The report showed that the bank was crooked and was working with terrorists, including Abu Nidal. It blasted the Department of Justice, the Department of the Treasury, the Customs Service, the Federal Reserve Bank, as well as influential lobbyists and the CIA.

One of the Bush administration figures criticized for his handling of BCCI was Robert Mueller who, in his then-role as deputy attorney general, was critized about slow performance regarding the investigation. Kerry himself was criticized in some circles for not pressing harder against certain Democrats and he was also criticized by some Democrats for pursuing his own party members, including former defense secretary Clark Clifford. The BCCI scandal was later turned over to the Manhattan DA's office.

Here are a few "news" website references to start with: (both pro- and con-JF'nK, just to keep it "balanced")

http://www.hacer.org/current/US093.php
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=37156
http://www.newsmax.com/archives/articles/2004/8/3/160248.shtml
http://www.boston.com/globe/nation/packages/kerry/062003.shtml
http://www.newsmax.com/archives/articles/2004/5/19/161842.shtml
http://www.spectator.org/dsp_article.asp?art_id=6274
http://encarta.msn.com/text_761581713___5/John_Kerry.html
http://www.newaus.com.au/041608-johnkerry-cambodia.html

Best Regards,
Geoffrey
Geoffrey
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 7:07 pm    Post subject: Oh, and just to set the record straight... Reply with quote

Neither the CIA nor the NSA were involved in the drug trade. The Drug Intervention Task Force (DITF, ca. 1981-??) did its best to eliminate the drug trade from the USSR (heroin, opium from Afghanistan) and radical, communist elements in South America (cocaine, marijuana from Bolivia, Columbia, Cuba, Haiti, etc.). Kerry's committee hand-cuffed DITF and the Coast Guard then blamed imports on the CIA. The "proof" referenced in the article I referenced came from a Clinton White House press agent with no involvement with previous or on-going operations.

Ollie North was USMC. He wouldn't have been involved in CIA or NSA administrative functions. As a higher-ranking o-grade he might have been involved with field operations planning, at most -- and that's exactly what he told Congress.

The whole mess in Central America started out real simple -- pound the commies, help the native tribals and pro-democracy groups, let the Soviets know they can't just walk in and set up shop in our back yard -- and without the press looking over everyone's shoulder, asking the troops if the "felt good" about shooting back. It got complicated when Harkin got involved and started making noises about illegal use of forces without Congressional oversight. It got worse when Kerry stuck his nose in. There are a lot of guys who died in the jungles and rainforests who were working off-budget, off-the-charts... they're deaths went in the logs as "training accident" or some such nonesense because of the communist sympathisers in our Congress. Those good men will never get the recognition they deserve and will never get a decent burial.

Best Regards,
Geoffrey
ashter
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geoffrey,

thanks for the info Smile
Paul R.
PO3

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Kerry's report concluded that the CIA and the State Department had known that "individuals who provided support for the contras were involved in drug trafficking...and elements of the contras themselves knowingly received financial and material assistance from drug traffickers." While some critics attacked him as being a "conspiracy theorist," the CIA inspector general released a pair of reports that confirmed Kerry's findings ten years later.

I'm slightly lost on this point. How does this fit in? The CIA looked the other way? Or there is some other angle to it?
Paul R.
PO3

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Kerry's report concluded that the CIA and the State Department had known that "individuals who provided support for the contras were involved in drug trafficking...and elements of the contras themselves knowingly received financial and material assistance from drug traffickers." While some critics attacked him as being a "conspiracy theorist," the CIA inspector general released a pair of reports that confirmed Kerry's findings ten years later.

I'm slightly lost on this point. How does this fit in? The CIA looked the other way? Or there is some other angle to it?
tvaughan
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait. Is this were all the stories about the CIA bringing crack into the slums came from?

Did Kerry ever have any proof the CIA was involved in drug smuggling as policy? Or is this another story if Kerry promoting himself by selling someone out?
Talking point #1: Sign 180
Talking point #2: Sign 180
Talking point #3: Sign 180
Geoffrey
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 1:03 pm    Post subject: The CIA-Crack connection... Reply with quote

Notice the article says the CIA submitted two reports 10 years later confirming the story. 1986 + 10 years = 1996 = Clinton White House and George Tennet.

Neither the CIA nor the Contras were involved in drug traffiking during Reagan or Bush 41 -- not so sure about during Clinton but I find it VERY unliekly. CIA are basically bookworms -- NSA are the scary-type field guys. The movies never have gotten that right.

The Soviets and Sandinistas were, however, heavily engaged in "polluting the West with drugs to weaken the people," making them (us) easier to conquer. Part of the deal for Ortega to come into power was that he import and distribute Afghani opium to the United States and Asia to help supplement the "aide" the Soviets were paying and so the Soviets could finance their wars against the Muj Jadeen. Ortega and the Sandinistas supported the communist rebels in Columbia and Bolivia -- incidentally, so did John Kerry, Tom Harkin, and Ted Kennedy; those rebels made their money forcing the mountain folk into slave labour picking marijuana and coca, transporting North through Panama and into the United States via Mexico.

The other part of his deal was that he provide the Soviets with a clear overland route from the Atlantic to the Pacific -- recall, we weren't letting Soviet ships through the Panama canal back then.

As I said, the DITF's sole mission was to stop the drug traffiking as part of the campaign to hurt the Sandinista movement and make Soviet expansion in Central America unprofitable.

Best Regards,
Geoffrey
Paul R.
PO3

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geoffrey,

Yes, I did notice the date. But it's one thing to say the two CIA I.G. reports were during Clinton / Tenet, another to substantiate a rebuttal.
Heck, most people are going to assume Tenet is a "Bushie" (or at least a "Bushie type") anyway.

If Kerry is attacked on this, I assume he'll respond by playing the role of the brave crusader who exposed the corrupt CIA / Reagan / Bush administration, and he'll have the MSM and those reports, etc. to back him up. Then you have to get the average person past that. Sort of like getting past "The Navy records support Kerry". Hard to do, as the SwiftVets have found. But perhaps not impossible.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: