SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kerry Lied in DC Part 1

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Adrian Spidle
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 1:48 pm    Post subject: Kerry Lied in DC Part 1 Reply with quote

Laughing KERRY LIED rally in DC Part 1

I had just left the Capitol South station on the Metro and was wearing my USS Hunley unit cap, when this guy asked me where I was going. He was about my age and looked fit except for a scar on his face where, I found out later, he had lost his left cheek bone back in ‘Nam. I answered I was looking for the Capitol South American Legion Hall and he said he was going there to and he’d walk along with me.

I’m Dexter Lehtinen and I’ll be speaking a little at the rally. Dexter’s story is riveting and wonderful. Dexter, an Army Ranger, was severely wounded in 1971 when he was a reconnaissance platoon leader in Vietnam. He woke up after three days of unconsciousness in a hospital ship of the coast of Vietnam. He couldn’t see, his jaws were wired shut and he had a gaping hole in his left cheek where his cheekbone had been.

During his eighteen months of hospitalization, yes he got one purple heart, Dexter was chagrined to hear how a young Naval officer was accusing him and his comrades of regularly and purposefully plundering villages, raping, torturing, mutilating and murdering villagers. Dexter found these charges more painful than his extremely serious wounds.

Dexter put his life together and graduated first in his class at Stanford Law School and served as the United States Attorney, Southern District of Florida and a Florida State Senator. His son is a Marine Corps Weapons Officer flying the F/A 18 Hornet. He does not want John F. Kerry to be his Commander-in-Chief.

Like all of us, he found it to be very uncomfortable to wear his uniform when he got home. Like us, he couldn’t believe that serving his country in uniform, attempting to save a people from murderous Communists and, in his case being grievously wounded and permanently disfigured, earned him nothing but scorn from his countrymen.

We got to the hall at five after seven and it was already jammed with hundreds of other old warriors and some wives and a few children. Larry Bailey, Capt, USN (Ret), who had organized this entire event, just announced that the hall was over its limit of 250 and if you weren’t already in, please don’t come in.

I chatted with Ted Sampley, one of the three founders of VIETNAM VETERANS AGAINST JOHN KERRY, the organization that had sponsored the two Vietnam Veterans marches at the last two nights of the Democrat National Convention in Boston that Cindy, Barbara and I had marched in.

I told him how his partner, Jerry Kiley, had acknowledged my little nine year old Barbara at the end of the march as a regular member of OUR Band of Brothers because she was so enthusiastically chanting KERY LIED WHILE GOOD MEN DIED. Barbara has said that that march was the most exciting thing she’d ever done in her life and that it was the first action she’d taken in her political career.

Jerry later showed up and bought me a beer. We chatted for a bit with Dr. Jerry Corsi one of the two authors of UNFIT FOR COMMAND. We also listened raptly as B. G. Burkett, author of STOLEN VALOR held forth on Kerry’s perfidy.

I was excitedly anticipating the morrow as I took the Blue Line back to my hotel on McPherson Square.

http://pep.typepad.com/public_enquiry_project/2004/09/kerry_lied_rall_1.html
coldwarvet
Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you would like to mail this out to the Veterans for Kerry gang send me a PM.

"Peace is our Profession"
Strategic Air Command - Motto

USAF 75-79 Security Police
Harley90
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I liked your quote, here is one that I found, which makes sense.

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."
-- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: