SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How Kerry hood-winked talk radio...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
coldwarvet
Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is one for the Pajama media. Or perhaps in an effort to right the sinking CBS ship they could devote an entire 60 minutes episode to the topic. But then how credible would it be with the public considering the state of CBS.

CWV

"Peace is our Profession"
Strategic Air Command - Motto

USAF 75-79 Security Police
Geoffrey
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 2:57 pm    Post subject: The Bloggers... Reply with quote

I agree. The problem is, you're trying to disprove a negative. "When did you stop beating your wife?" type questions. Only in this case, the question is, "Why did the CIA invent crack cocaine?" WTF?????

I'll do some looking around but I'm afraid most of the real documentation from that era is still heavily classified -- or no longer exists. The testimony of Felix Rodgriguez would make excellent refutation but, thanks to Kerry as committee chariman, it has never been made public.

This is the fellow with the real info, if anyone knows where he can be found:

Cuban-born Felix Rodriguez, fled Cuba in 1959 shortly after Fidel Castro took power and has had a long career in the US intelligence community. Most of Rodriguez’s family including his father and two of his brothers were either executed or disappeared within the first months of the new Castro regime. He left Cuba for the United States when he was 18 years old. Rodriguez became a US citizen in 1969 and enlisted in the Army. During his career with the CIA he also went by the name Maximo Gomez.

After fleeing Cuba in 1959 he joined the CIA-backed Brigade 2506. Rodriguez was infiltrated into Cuba a few weeks prior to the failed Bay of Pigs invasion and would be involved in many anti-Castro operations throughout Latin America over the next 30 years. In 1967 the CIA recruited him to train and head a team to hunt down leftist guerrilla Che Guevara in Bolivia. When Guevara was captured it was Rodriguez who interrogated him. After his execution he took Guevara's Rolex watch as a souvenir.

Rodriguez flew over 300 helicopter missions during the Vietnam War, and was shot down five times. He won the Intelligence Star for Valor from the CIA and nine Crosses for Gallantry from the Republic of South Vietnam. In 1971 Rodriguez helped train Provincial Reconnaissance Units for Operation Phoenix. He was also involved in anti-Communist operations in El Salvador employing mobile helicopter strike units similar to those he developed Vietnam. He flew over 100 combat missions in Central America, and captured the Cuban backed Martí National Liberation Front’s top commander Nidia Diaz.

In 1988, senator John Kerry from Massachusetts was holding Congressional hearings on the alleged involvement of US intelligence agencies in Central American drug trafficking. On June 30, 1987, a story leaked out of the Senate Subcommittee on Terrorism and Narcotics, of accusing Rodriguez of soliciting a $10 million donation from the Colombian cocaine cartel. Rodriguez viewed this as an attempt to slander then presidential candidate George H. W. Bush, because of Bush’s and Rodriguez’s long personal relationship as well as Bush’s former role as head of the CIA.

Rodriguez demanded that he be publicly allowed to testify in front of the Senate Subcommittee, but Kerry insisted that any testimony given to the committee be done in private. Rodriguez refused to testify in private demanding that any allegation made against him be made in public so he could refute it in public. Rodriguez finally did privately testify to the committee after several months, but when Rodriguez asked his testimony be made public, Kerry refused.

Kerry later publicly apologized to Rodriguez for his treatment during the affair.

You see now WHY Kerry didn't want people talking about his Senate "career"?

Best Regards,
Geoffrey
ranch hand
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the Larry King Show (CNN) last night, Al Franken was insisting that Kerry had released all of his military records. He stated over and over again that all military records were released.

The other guest, stated that Kerry has not signed the Form 180 authorizing the release of the records and that over 100 pages are still secret.

Franken's eyes glazed over and his brain had a short circuit.

Time to press Franken on his statements.

R Evans
USAF, VN 69-70
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geoffrey, thanks - Mr. Rodriguez spoke at the Vietnam Veterans for Truth Rally on Sept 12. The video archives are still up at c-span I think.

Check the audio/video sticky thread at the top of the Resources and Research forum for a direct link.
Geoffrey
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 9:39 pm    Post subject: Thanks for that... Reply with quote

I wasn't aware that Felix Rodriguez was already involved. Figures, though. He's got more courage than ten good men. Smile

Best Regards,
Geoffrey
Tom Poole
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 12:24 am    Post subject: How Kerry hood-winked talk radio... Reply with quote

Brian Janiskee, Claremont Institute wrote:
...The swift boat controversy, the antics of Michael Moore, the machinations of George Soros, the recent trends in economic data, the debates over health care, and the manufactured controversy over George Bush's service in the National Guard are all a sideshow....
http://www.claremont.org/writings/040920janiskee.html

Indirectly, the Claremont Institute agrees with you Geoffrey. However, I hope non-comatose Americans recognize the difference between the Swiftees and the gaggle following Soros and Moore. Ideally, Republicans should focus on Kerry's record as a US Senator from 1985 to the present. Democrats should focus on Bush's record while president from 2001 to the present. The "sideshows" with substance should be given some time and I would hope the Swiftees would own 95 percent of it due to the predominance of substance.
2ndamendsis
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I may be off base here but trying to digest all the Kerry topics here is a feat for Superman/woman...

Question for Geoffrey & All.....

The Kerry tentacles are many & long infecting so many areas of government/business. They've linked him to China and now to the Korean peninsula with campaign funding. VN keeps coming up right through & including the Oil for Food and Theft program in the UN for dictators.

His senate committee hearings throughout the years appear, IMHO, to be conducted with the same shady maneuvers. And, there seems to be a "meeting with the enemy" thrown in for good measure before or right after {if not during} by either himself or his Komrades.

Wouldn't it be wise to work on several similar tentacles? The '93 POW hearings were handled in the same manner. His VN/Colliers connection is strong. When we think about Nicaragua we automatically think POW. It's like a replay of a bad movie. {FYI-the docs that he had destroyed might have had copies secured Laughing as our contact informed me last night.}

Your thoughts are appreciated as to the best way to bring his corrupt Senate history into the light of day.

[color=red]Everyone wants him defeated, that's a given...I want to see him prosecuted.[/color] am I dreaming?

[/b]
Geoffrey
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you've summed up the root of my frustrations: How do you get the full history of lying, cheating, shady dealings and anti-American/pro-communist activity out to the public?

I've tried everything from editorials to the papers (which have been ignored) to calls and letters to the "Big-5" talk radio programs -- also ignored, "Not topical."

Where do I go from here? Will anybody care this late in the game? Will anybody with some audience report on anything that happened between 1984 and 1998?

Best Regards,
Geoffrey
SooZQ
PO2

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geoffry, This has been very enlightening, and sadly disturbing,
as are all of the shady exploits of Kerry, et al.

One of your posts here said:

Quote:
The whole mess in Central America started out real simple -- pound the commies, help the native tribals and pro-democracy groups, let the Soviets know they can't just walk in and set up shop in our back yard -- and without the press looking over everyone's shoulder, asking the troops if the "felt good" about shooting back. It got complicated when Harkin got involved and started making noises about illegal use of forces without Congressional oversight. It got worse when Kerry stuck his nose in. There are a lot of guys who died in the jungles and rainforests who were working off-budget, off-the-charts... they're deaths went in the logs as "training accident" or some such nonesense because of the communist sympathisers in our Congress. Those good men will never get the recognition they deserve and will never get a decent burial.

Neither the CIA nor the NSA were involved in the drug trade. The Drug Intervention Task Force (DITF, ca. 1981-??) did its best to eliminate the drug trade from the USSR (heroin, opium from Afghanistan) and radical, communist elements in South America (cocaine, marijuana from Bolivia, Columbia, Cuba, Haiti, etc.). Kerry's committee hand-cuffed DITF and the Coast Guard then blamed imports on the CIA. The "proof" referenced in the article I referenced came from a Clinton White House press agent with no involvement with previous or on-going operations.

Ollie North was USMC. He wouldn't have been involved in CIA or NSA administrative functions. As a higher-ranking o-grade he might have been involved with field operations planning, at most -- and that's exactly what he told Congress.

I think this and ALL of your posts are riveting, but perhaps you might
increase your credibility with Editors and News types if you footnoted your
comments with references that substanstiate your conclusions? Just a
thought. Wink

Really support the troops, send them a letter and care package! Visit:http://www.anysoldier.com
2ndamendsis
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geoffrey

I have a sneaky feeling that you too might have "documentary backup"? Smile Perhaps, oh, any "classified" perchance?

Thought/Suggestion: Having witnessed the RATher debacle and the outstanding work of the PAJAMAHADEEN {as someone so aptly calls them}wouldn't it be wise to put this out on the blogs? Let the creciendo build until it hits critical mass? They pulled off an amazing feat that, if it would happen again, the MSM would feed on itself.

FYI, I've sent emails pertaining to the POW/Kerry/Colliers issue, with a mention of Nicaragua, to about 100+ journalists & blogs. I've had several positive responses and, surprisingly, several {neg} responses from journalists - RATher is hot right now although one of them stated that if it's not settled by the beginning of Oct. he planned on going after Kerry's senate record.

NOW, there's many more to contact. My theory is that, even if they trash the email, should the story get noticed their memory would spark. Similar to what happened with RATher. He actually did us a favor!!

What if we pooled our resources/ideas? Hit the email trail to any & every blog & journalist we can think of. Perhaps the most effective way would be to somehow work up something focused his Senate committee actions instead of only 1 issue? If we could get people to look at that, POW & Nicaragua would automatically have to be investigated.

What do you think? With all the power & knowledge here to say nothing of the dedication to the truth, if we were to organize a bit with a plan-- I visualize it this way-- a US JDAM in the window of J Fn K's SUV that he doesn't own even though he does.
2ndamendsis
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

{sp correction} amazing FETE Embarassed
Geoffrey
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing classified, certainly. If I did, it would stay that way.

I might try a FOIA to get the Kerry Commission documents released. What little has been released to date is heavily redacted.

I'll keep tilting the windmills. Smile

Best Regards,
Geoffrey
Geoffrey
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 5:44 pm    Post subject: UPDATE!! Reply with quote

Well, I'll be darned! Rush just hammered Kerry for his trip to see Danny Ortega back in '85!

Does the big guy read this forum, by any chance? Wink

Best Regards,
Geoffrey
leeinwv
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I copied and pasted it to Hannity.com site

Hope you don't mind
Paul R.
PO3

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Does the big guy read this forum, by any chance?

I doubt Rush has the time. I can't even keep up with just this one forum! Heck, I should not even be here now... There is an awful lot of this type activity going on. Lots of parallel work, much as with RaTHergate.

On the other hand, SBVT is a TOP site to watch, and I'd bet one of his researchers does.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: