SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

WOW - this dan rather thing has a life of it's own
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
openfish24
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 2:15 am    Post subject: WOW - this dan rather thing has a life of it's own Reply with quote

All night long on the cable news shows they have been talking about this.

People are talking about criminal charges in a 100% serious manner.

Man!!!!

And you know people are talking about the new swifty ad too. Go check the blogs. This one hit a nerve.

Semper Fi

Hey Florida wake up and contribute to the cause!!!! We are about the lowest state in contributions. Thats embarassing.

Pete Bartow
Miami
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Anker-Klanker
Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We've all heard the strident claims from the DEMS that these Burkett papers were proof that GWB did not make public all his records. Etc., etc., etc.

Heard the latest twist?

I've heard twice today that there can be no federal charges brought in the matter since the Burkett papers were private memoranda (i.e., not government documents).

Whatever fits, or as the wind blows... It's sickening.
Chuck Z Ombie AC2000
LCDR

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That doesnt wash since the forger used official letterhead and signed it with the dead officer's name.
cipher
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
there can be no federal charges brought in the matter since the Burkett papers were private memoranda (i.e., not government documents).

That dog don't hunt. The SIGNATURE blocks with the forged signature, rank, and "commander" MAKE the documents "official". The purported CONTENT were "ORDERS from a senior officer to a junior under his command" which makes them official (there is no such thing as an "unofficial order").

No, they are desperately trying to avoid what is unavoidable. They forged official documents.
Defense contractor for US Navy, SSPO, SP-20, SP-24, OP-12 84-92
Anker-Klanker
Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

C'mon! Since when did facts, truth, logic, etc. have anything to do with Kerry campaign utterances, or the tilted media, for that matter?

I just think it's pathetically funny that they were "official" when they wanted them to be, but suddenly were deemed to be "unofficial" when that seemed to suit their purpose.
wvobiwan
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anker-Klanker wrote:
C'mon! Since when did facts, truth, logic, etc. have anything to do with Kerry campaign utterances, or the tilted media, for that matter?

I just think it's pathetically funny that they were "official" when they wanted them to be, but suddenly were deemed to be "unofficial" when that seemed to suit their purpose.

Yeah, there just trying to 'spit the hook'. They're caught, and how.
sround
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Title 18 of the United States Code:

Sec. 2197. - Misuse of Federal certificate, license or document
Whoever, not being lawfully entitled thereto, uses, exhibits, or
attempts to use or exhibit, or, with intent unlawfully to use the
same, receives or possesses any certificate, license, or document
issued to vessels, or officers or seamen by any officer or
employee of the United States authorized by law to issue the same; or

Whoever, without authority, alters or attempts to alter any such certificate, license, or document by addition, interpolation, deletion, or erasure; or

Whoever forges, counterfeits, or steals, or attempts to forge, counterfeit, or steal, any such certificate, license, or document; or unlawfully possesses or knowingly uses any such altered, changed, forged, counterfeit, or stolen certificate, license, or document; or

Whoever, without authority, prints or manufactures any blank form of such certificate, license, or document, or

Whoever possesses without lawful excuse, and with intent unlawfully to use the same, any blank form of such certificate, license, or document; or

Whoever, in any manner, transfers or negotiates such transfer of, any blank form of such certificate, license, or document, or any such altered, forged, counterfeit, or stolen certificate, license, or document, or any such certificate, license, or document to which the party transferring or receiving the same is not lawfully entitled -

Shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than five years, or both

Mr Rather, may I recommend the Danbury Correctional Facility? Martha will be there and she can make your bed. Crying or Very sad

Mission Accomplished!!
azpatriot
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey and because it's been proven a fact that a computer was involved in the creation of these forgeries so they also fall into the "computer crimes" section and there all felonies.
noMOass
Former Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only way See B.S. can redeem itself, is to do a story covering these 254 men who call themselves.......

Swift Boat Veterans for Truth

A comprehensive two hour special, complete with interviews of key players and a challenge to a face off between John Oneill and Mr. Flipper.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, as long as yer dreamin'..... DREAM BIG!!! Very Happy
USAFBratToo
Former Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Burkett realizes that he has been set up to take the fall, and that fall is a felony, jail time... Maybe then he'll come clean with the whole story, about who actually set this in motion and did the forgeries. But picking him to be the front man was brilliant since he does have this background of being unstable. Now, when he does reveal his handlers, they can say that no one can believe anything their "unimpeachable source" tells us.
eXcel
Seaman

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Getting O'Neil and the SBVT on CBS is a great idea, and I think it would an excellent chance for them to dispell a lot of the myths about them being discredited etc.

How can we make this happen? letters? emails? pressure on the affiliates? going to the top and telling them this is the only way any of us will ever watch cbs again? Get media outlets such as radio and fox news to call on CBS to redem itself by presenting the other side of the story?

Lets have some real suggestions, since if it could be pulled off, it would be the end of the Kerry campaign.
arkadyfolkner
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CBS and the Dems are caught like rats on a sinking ship, be interesting to see who starts abandoning it.
Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE OTHER night I heard someone at c BS saying how 'fair' they were.... not biased at all etc....

well, I don't see that and evidently their mail (and email) doesn't either...

my email to them is gonna suggest that as proof... that they have on the

SVBTS who have UNFORGED military documents from kerry site/ navy -

unless they of course, want to REMAIN a low rated alphabet preaching

to the choir ? 'cause how many people are gonna be watching

them now ??? The SBVTS should be a good ratings getter.
be arrested, exiled or hanged.
bergstrom79
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

USAFBratToo wrote:
If Burkett realizes that he has been set up to take the fall, and that fall is a felony, jail time... Maybe then he'll come clean with the whole story, about who actually set this in motion and did the forgeries. But picking him to be the front man was brilliant since he does have this background of being unstable. Now, when he does reveal his handlers, they can say that no one can believe anything their "unimpeachable source" tells us.

You can bet the mortgage and your firstborn that Burkett typed the forgeries. Just reading his old material has "motive" written all over it. Lucy Ramirez is a ghost, he's just trying to save his behind.

I think Burkett and Mapes should do time (Barnes, too) . I seriously doubt either will. The MSM will stall this out till after the election. Things will still get hot but I'd guess no one will do time. Sandy Berger, ditto.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: