SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

''John Kerry, Criminal'' and the Silence of the Media
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dimsdale
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Treason is very hard to prove . It requires two witnesses.

U.S. Constitution Article III
Section 3. Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying war against them, or in adhering to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort. No person shall be convicted of treason unless on the testimony of two witnesses to the same overt act, or on confession in open court.

I agree with you, Doc: he was on television testifying, under oath(?), of false or unwitnessed war atrocities, and there are pictures of him negotiating with the enemy in France while still an officer of the US Naval Reserve.

How would he deny that?
kmudd
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doc Farmer wrote:
kmudd wrote:
concernedgranny wrote:
This may sound like a stupid question, but I will ask it anyway. Why can't we make the charge of treason? Something like a citizen's arrest thing. I mean, I know it takes money and so forth but are these charges that have to be brought by the government or what? I don't know about these things so I just thought I'd ask. There's got to be a lawyer out there that isn't on the Kerry campaign.

I will try and send it to my paper, but they haven't published my last letter to the editor and I was kinda of nice in that one. This one would probably be torn up right away as they wouldn't want this to hit their paper at all. It is sickening as there are probably 5 for Kerry to 1 for Bush editorials every day. I am passing the link around to my friends that want to vote for Kerry. Hopefully they will read it. A lot of people around here are like concrete, all mixed up and permanately set.

Section 3. Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying war against them, or in adhering to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort. No person shall be convicted of treason unless on the testimony of two witnesses to the same overt act, or on confession in open court.

Well, I'd guess that more than two people witnessed his Senate testimony, his Meet the Press interview and his chucking of medals/ribbons. As to his actions in Paris, he's already confessed to that publicly, but I doubt he'd do the same in a court of law. However, according to Gary Aldrich there are 14 boxes of classified files on John Kerry in the FBI's basement. I'd be willing to wager that there are sound recordings of his discussions with the North Vietnam "peace" delegation in there somewhere...

They would have to find two witnesses that were at the Paris meetings. I wish they could charge him with treason. But it would be a hard case to prove.
Doc Farmer
LCDR

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kmudd wrote:
Doc Farmer wrote:
kmudd wrote:
concernedgranny wrote:
This may sound like a stupid question, but I will ask it anyway. Why can't we make the charge of treason? Something like a citizen's arrest thing. I mean, I know it takes money and so forth but are these charges that have to be brought by the government or what? I don't know about these things so I just thought I'd ask. There's got to be a lawyer out there that isn't on the Kerry campaign.

I will try and send it to my paper, but they haven't published my last letter to the editor and I was kinda of nice in that one. This one would probably be torn up right away as they wouldn't want this to hit their paper at all. It is sickening as there are probably 5 for Kerry to 1 for Bush editorials every day. I am passing the link around to my friends that want to vote for Kerry. Hopefully they will read it. A lot of people around here are like concrete, all mixed up and permanately set.

Well, I'd guess that more than two people witnessed his Senate testimony, his Meet the Press interview and his chucking of medals/ribbons. As to his actions in Paris, he's already confessed to that publicly, but I doubt he'd do the same in a court of law. However, according to Gary Aldrich there are 14 boxes of classified files on John Kerry in the FBI's basement. I'd be willing to wager that there are sound recordings of his discussions with the North Vietnam "peace" delegation in there somewhere...

They would have to find two witnesses that were at the Paris meetings. I wish they could charge him with treason. But it would be a hard case to prove.

Would audio evidence suffice, though? I mean, if they bugged the rooms (and I'd have a hard time believing they didn't), that should pretty much do the trick I'd hope.

I wonder if those "peace" negotiators are still alive and could be subpoenaed...

Fat, Bald and Ugly - And PROUD Of It!
Tom Poole
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 3:14 pm    Post subject: ''John Kerry, Criminal''... Reply with quote

Is it my imagination or have we been hearing the word "treason" more as the Nation becomes more polarized? I agree that proving treason is difficult. It must be because I don't recall a trial for treason during my life. From history, I seem to recall a treason case during WWII but nothing since. As terrorists are emboldened by our freedoms which they see as weaknesses, we'll soon have to face up to such a charge and sensational trial. We might as well start now with Kerry and let the chips fall where they may and with practice, it may become easier.

IMO, proving treason is difficult partially because there seems to be no middle ground and the penalty is death. Why can't we have little treasons and big treasons. The penalty for a little treason might be simple deportation to the country favored by the perpetrator's acts. Of course we should save the death penalty for those who risk our lives and national security.
Doc Farmer
LCDR

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 2:25 pm    Post subject: Re: ''John Kerry, Criminal''... Reply with quote

Tom Poole wrote:
Is it my imagination or have we been hearing the word "treason" more as the Nation becomes more polarized? I agree that proving treason is difficult. It must be because I don't recall a trial for treason during my life. From history, I seem to recall a treason case during WWII but nothing since. As terrorists are emboldened by our freedoms which they see as weaknesses, we'll soon have to face up to such a charge and sensational trial. We might as well start now with Kerry and let the chips fall where they may and with practice, it may become easier.

IMO, proving treason is difficult partially because there seems to be no middle ground and the penalty is death. Why can't we have little treasons and big treasons. The penalty for a little treason might be simple deportation to the country favored by the perpetrator's acts. Of course we should save the death penalty for those who risk our lives and national security.

I'm not sure if we, as a nation, are becoming more polarized. We are, however, becoming more well informed and more willing to speak the truth when we see it. In large part, I believe, due to SBVFT.

Fat, Bald and Ugly - And PROUD Of It!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: