SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Got a reply from my congressman

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
concernedgranny
Seaman

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 3:43 pm    Post subject: Got a reply from my congressman Reply with quote

You guys might already have went through this and all, but I never have. I clicked on one of the links from one of the posters to e-mail my congressman to have Kerry sign the form 180 and I received a call just now from his office. Basically they said that that was his own personal business to do so and if I had any questions about his service that I needed to take it to the polls on November 2. I ranted and raved for a couple of minutes about how it wasn't right (what can I say, I'm a newbie) while this poor girl listened. I told her that I would definitely be doing that but I didn't think that it would end there. That now I'm fired up and very frustrated and very scared about the possibility of this man running this country, and would, from now on be questioning everything. Thank God this was a Republican office calling. I probably sounded very stupid but I truly am very scared about what's going on in our country right now with the left. I'm normally an Independent voter but I probably am more Republican than some of the Republican's this year!!! Go Swiftvets!!! I truly cannot thank you enough for your brave service, not once, but now twice.
SangRun Hunter
PO1

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good for you!

Don't be afarid to call your reps or e-mail them. Snail mail them too and often as you like.

They need to hear from us as much as they can and if they don't like it then they need to get another line of work. I e-mail mine everytime something comes up and I often get sreplies back, but then again I have a good congressman.
Becky
Seaman

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 6:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Got a reply from my congressman Reply with quote

concernedgranny wrote:
You guys might already have went through this and all, but I never have. I clicked on one of the links from one of the posters to e-mail my congressman to have Kerry sign the form 180 and I received a call just now from his office. Basically they said that that was his own personal business to do so and if I had any questions about his service that I needed to take it to the polls on November 2.

Laughing I've written all my Congressmen so much I think they have
created an email and letter filter labeled "crazy woman trash"...
I've received no responses (but I will and have remembered it
at the voting booth)...I have also emailed media (and get a response
from time to time) and newspaper. I have to say I have written the
President several times and received responses to my questions...
once I got a generality stamped "thank you" type letter. Keep it
up...when you don't like something, write, keep a note of responses
and if you don't get a response, send another letter with a copy of the
original sent letter...instead of calling (where you get some poor
9 to 5 don't have a clue and has no clout person), make an appointment.
Just don't stop.
join him, for then it costs nothing to be a
patriot.”
- Mark Twain
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: