SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Email all 200 CBS Affiliates with just one click!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
noMOass
Former Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 11:55 pm    Post subject: They'd Rather ya didnt Reply with quote

E-Mail Campaign Aims to Oust Rather
Thursday, September 23, 2004

NEW YORK — Station managers at several CBS affiliates said Thursday they appear to be a target of a national e-mail campaign placing pressure on the network to oust Dan Rather (search) as anchorman of the "CBS Evening News."

The anger stems from Rather's role in a "60 Minutes" report on President Bush's service in the National Guard (search). CBS has apologized for reporting on documents critical of Bush's service, widely assumed now as fakes, and appointed a panel to investigate what went wrong in the report.

Many e-mailers offer the same message: I will not watch CBS News again until Rather is gone, said Bob Lee, president and general manager of WDBJ-TV in Roanoke, Va., and head of the CBS affiliate board.

"To be honest, I'm most concerned when the e-mail is coming from a local viewer," said Gary Gardner, vice president and general manager of WINK-TV in Fort Myers, Fla.

Lee said he can't recall any other issue getting such a big response from viewers.

Station managers take such a response very seriously. They are, in effect, Rather's constituency and several said they're eager to see what former U.S. Attorney General Dick Thornburgh (search) and former Associated Press chief executive Louis D. Boccardi turn up in their probe of CBS News operations.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,133365,00.html
subsailor 2
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 12:26 am    Post subject: email to CBS affiliates Reply with quote

Here is what I sent. I gave the real information because I would like to be contacted.

After Dan Rather's overt attempt to paint the President as a slacker in the NG I have come to believe that CBS stands for C..p & B......t. The real story is Kerry's integrity and fitness to lead this nation. Why has no one in the media asked why Kerry failed to fulfill his reserve obligation from 1970 to 1972(if he has it is not in the documents released)? Why has no one in the media queried the chicanery involved in the first and third Purple Hearts (read the documents on Kerry's web site and notice how a minor bruise escalates into a bleeding wound or how the rice in the butt becomes shrapnel from an underwater mine). Why has no one in the media called for Kerry to sign the SF-180 and release all his records as Bush did months ago. Failure to seek answers to these questions represents a double standard. This is not about Republican versus Democrat it is about integrity and honor. Even if there are differences in Kerry's accounts versus the SBVT, ask yourself why they are so angry with Kerry. It is inconceivable to me that 250 of 270 swift boat veterans would all be Republican and out to get Kerry. To say that impugns the honor and integrity of a group of very brave men who are defending that honor against someone who tried to take it away.

Kerry is your story. He is not who he claims to be and his records (if you know how to read them) give a very different picture of his service than he represents.

Regards

LCDR J.M. Green USN (RET)
Son of a VET
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Done. Very Happy

Stolen Honor
ProudDaughterofVet
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is done. I put my name addy and email..all true..I have no fear about it at all. I am standing up for what is right here, and in truth there is nothing to fear. It is Mr Rather-not that has the fear now. He should fade away..but of course, he will not, so we shall make the affliates see..no more CSI for me, but I was getting tired of it anyway.. Wink

PD

www.timetotakeastand.blogspot.com
3rd gen Navy
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Non negotiable. I will NO LONGER knowingly watch, listen, or read ANY CBS or CBS affiliated "news" media outlets until Dan RAthER and Ms. Mapes are held accountable and publicly fired with no apologies or excuses for their actions. I am not telling you how to run your business, but I AM telling you that I vote with my wallet, and those are the MINIMUM actions required to regain my business.

GET SOME!
BS Biology, Business Administration, Nursing
The Deal with Life: Make decisions based on what you might gain, not on what you may lose.
!!!!!! LET THE WILD RUMPUS BEGIN !!!!!!
Paul R.
PO3

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there a possibility of getting something like this going to complain to NBC's Today Show? Even though it backfired, I am still fuming over Katie Courap's question to Jack Hensley about how he felt about the Iraq war (hours after learning his brother had been beheaded by terrorists.)

( Yes, I spelled her name correctly!!!! Wink )
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: