SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ignorance of the MSM

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
drjohn
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 3:42 am    Post subject: Ignorance of the MSM Reply with quote

One of the most interesting aspects of the Kerry debacle is the sheer magnitude of ignorance on the part of the MSM. Day after day we witness decerebrate creatures claiming that the Swift Vets claims have been debunked, or that they heard such.

It seems to me that these miscreants have gotten fat and happy in their positions and no longer feel obligated to be bothered with discerning fact from fiction. Margaret Carlson is just the latest in this episode.
What we are hearing is what these people wish was the story rather than what is the story.

Thank God for the Swift Vets and the blogosphere and for all here for the continued pressure for veracity.

It has left us with some entertaining adjectives, such as "Dowdified," and Rathergate, so it is not a total loss. Wink
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arrogance and complacency.

They're in denial of the plain and simple fact that their place in our lives is fast being usurped by much more capable news people than they are.... it's us!

Each of us becomes our own news anchor. We decide what is important enough to read, to respond to, to ignore.

Ain't it great? Wink
Dimsdale
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The simultaneity of the coordination of the message of the Kerry campaign/DND and the MSM "pundit" opinions almost defies belief!

The "95-100% of the Swiftboat claims have been disproven," the multitude of the attacks on President Bush, usually using the identical terminology (remember "gravitas?") are a constant demostration of the incestuous relationship between the DNC/Kerry and the MSM, and their role as Kerry cheerleaders.

The repitition of lies as truth, inuendo as fact, forgeries as documentation, smears as investigative journalism, a voluntary and partisan suppression of the SBVT claims as proof of their lack of veracity, simply make the case, and reinforce it, of a leftist media bias.

Bernie Goldberg warned the world of CBS's bias and was treated like the SBVT. He is the one laughing now.

Goldberg should be appointed to the "nonpartisan" CBS investigation. I might believe it then.
m_drummond
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're being much too kind to the MSM if you think their problem is ignorance or laziness. At the least they are advocates for the Left and the Donks and at worst the propaganda arm of the aforementioned. Wake up and see the risk to our democracy!
________
Zx14 Vs Hayabusa

Last edited by m_drummond on Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
kmudd
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the charges were about a republican the MSM would act completlely different.Even if the charges were proven false against a republican they would claim the mear fact that someone made a charge against them is enough reason not to elect them.
drjohn
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rupert Murdoch said that if Fox had done this, they would be crucified. I think he is dead on target.
jwb7605
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dimsdale wrote:
The simultaneity of the coordination of the message of the Kerry campaign/DND and the MSM "pundit" opinions almost defies belief!

The "95-100% of the Swiftboat claims have been disproven," the multitude of the attacks on President Bush, usually using the identical terminology (remember "gravitas?") are a constant demostration of the incestuous relationship between the DNC/Kerry and the MSM, and their role as Kerry cheerleaders.

The repitition of lies as truth, inuendo as fact, forgeries as documentation, smears as investigative journalism, a voluntary and partisan suppression of the SBVT claims as proof of their lack of veracity, simply make the case, and reinforce it, of a leftist media bias.

Bernie Goldberg warned the world of CBS's bias and was treated like the SBVT. He is the one laughing now.

Goldberg should be appointed to the "nonpartisan" CBS investigation. I might believe it then.

After watching Chris Matthews treat John O'Neill with a good measure of respect tonight, I think some of the MSM are looking for a place to hide.
Believe it or not, I think SBVFT is going to get some respect and some press, and get it sooner rather than later.
It's beginning to look like they might "discover" that some of the points raised against Kerry might just have some validity.

Did anyone happen to catch the earlier segment with Chris Matthews comparing campaign ads?
They showed a portion of the Swift Boat Vets current ad, a portion of a DNC ad, and a portion of (I think it was the) "Texans for Truth" ad.
Matthews himself said the SBVFT ad make Kerry look like a traitor, and the other two looked either ineffective or silly.
cipher
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
One of the most interesting aspects of the Kerry debacle is the sheer magnitude of ignorance on the part of the MSM. Day after day we witness decerebrate creatures claiming that the Swift Vets claims have been debunked, or that they heard such.

These are the same people who are saying that all of the claims that the Rather memos are forgeries have been debunked? Just checking....
Defense contractor for US Navy, SSPO, SP-20, SP-24, OP-12 84-92
Theresa Alwood
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I e-mailed those 200 CBS affiliates...I told them that as a VET (since Kerry can use it; then so can I and I served 4 years with an honorable discharge...but the next 18 as a spouse!) that I was shocked by Dan Rather's bias and the CBS bias and even to the point of having Richard Clarke given an hour on 60 Minutes...but No John O'Neill who wrote "Unfit for Command"...#1 for going on 5 weeks...and I support the swiftvets and feel they should be heard!

Got about 10 responses back...all telling me they understand...but then they are getting slammed by bunches of e-mails!! Very Happy

I may only be one person, but I will continue to hammer a way bit by bit!
Tom Poole
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 1:43 am    Post subject: Ignorance of the MSM Reply with quote

jwb7605 wrote:
...After watching Chris Matthews treat John O'Neill with a good measure of respect tonight, I think some of the MSM are looking for a place to hide....

Mr. Hardball seems to have more guts when facing a very young 5-foot girl than he does when facing a man. He's good at browbeating on his own territory but mano a mano, on neutral territory, I'd put my money on Malkin. Faced with O'Neill, he's kinda' unarmed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: