SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

battle damage assesment for pcf 94

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rick J
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 2:22 pm    Post subject: battle damage assesment for pcf 94 Reply with quote

this is rick, i am a retired us marine living in nc and actively working to re elect g bush....I also am a 100 percent disabled viet nam vet with a total of 25 yrs active duty,,,, but i do have a problem with one instance.... and that is the mine incident, which is confusing
i have seen a copy of the battle damage assesment of pcf 94 after the mine incident and the damage seems excessive for a mine going off 100 yards or so away, consequently this makes kerrys claim more effective that he was blown up,,,, can someone clarify this.... the message that lists the effective damage is dated just a few days after the mine incident where kerry claimed everyone else bugged out but him,,,,,,,,,,,please someone help me out here
Marine4life
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My head is spinning from all of kerry's stories and positions, but it is my understanding that another boat hit a mine not Kerry's boat. You can PM ASPB and I think he can clarify that for you better, he was a river rat. Semper Fi Marine.
Rick J
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 2:34 pm    Post subject: i beleive the mine incident was the 13th Reply with quote

this msg is dated a couple of days after and is the actual navy msg that lists the combat effectivness of the craft........ this is the hard copy and is legit as far as i can see... so i guess my question is how did the actual battle damage occur, is it cumulative, i mean these boats were run hard and put up wet.. it is not without reason to believe that it might be accumulative,,,, send me a email at
pelago100@msn.com
and i will send a copy of this msg to anyone that wants it,,,,, i need to clarify this to stop some ******** on some other boards...............
i have it as a jpeg but have no idea how to post it
FF1047
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 2:53 pm    Post subject: not sure where ... Reply with quote

I'm certain I have seen another post that talks about an after action report that states the damage came from the day before ... just not sure where the post is here ...
llano
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a major thread(s) about this. Sorry, I don't have the link though a search should find it fairly quickly.

I believe the gest of that thread it that the 94 boat was damaged because another crew, totally independent of Kerry & his crew, took it out (right after ?) and the damaged occured with the other crew.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the BDA was from action the previous day, not the day of the Bay Hap incident.

If our search engine is behaving, you may be able to search for "damage bay hap 94" (without the quotes) and find the extensive thread that speaks to this issue quite definitely, including links to documents/message traffic of the time.
Rick J
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 11:28 am    Post subject: tried search engine and got 867 hits??? Reply with quote

Have had the whole book put on issue by some people and this is due to the one stinking msg that is dated P 141355Z fm comcosdic one one and lists damage to 94. these other people claim that the damage was done while kerry earnted his second bs decoration...and his purple heart, this msg and thier statment goes to the heart of the book unfit for command...they say that since Kerry did all that he said he did and that the msg prooves the battle damage,,,,,,,,,,,,,damn wish i can/could find proof to shove in their face, and it might turn some other people... this is really quite a issue and can and would proove that 94 did not get blown up like kerry claims.....HELP
Navy wife
Research Director

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rick J,
If you will go to The Bandit's Hideout http://idexer.com/kerry_index.htm, there you will find the Kerry records that have been posted from the Naval Historical Center, Washington Navy Yard.

Please scroll down the page until you come to the group of records that are arranged by time stamp.

There are several messages with the time stamp 14135Z MAR69 such as the CAS REP SIT REP ONE for damage to the 3 boat.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: