SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

$6.7 Million from 53,000+ donors
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bob Chamberlain
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 7:24 pm    Post subject: Why only $1.9 million Reply with quote

As I understand the FEC rules, the Swiftvets are required to file this report within 24 hours of releasing an "Electioneering Communication", in this case the "Medals" ad, and they are required to disclose sufficient funding from "approved" (i.e. non-corporate sources) sources to pay for the communication. This is all that the Swiftvets have done with this filing, and that is why the bottom line amount is less than we have seen elsewhere. I expect, as further ads are released or further ad buys are made, that this filing will be amended to add a few thousand more contributors. In one sense I feel sorry for someone at the Swiftvets organization. This filing ran to something over 130 pages of contributors just to get the total up to $1.9 million - and that included the biggest contributions. Some poor soul is going to have to type their fingers to the bone to get the next $1.9 million out of $20 and $100 dollar contributors. That filing will probably run to 300 or 400 pages.
You GottaBeKidding
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bob,

I doubt anyone is having to do any typing. Well, okay, they're having to type the mail donation information. Sorry. There is some typing.

But if they're smart (and I think they are), the online donation information is going straight into a database. The mail donations are typed into that same database.

Once someone creates the report, it takes just a few seconds to print a copy with whatever records are there.

It also makes it easy to find out how many donors donated certain amounts of money.
Bob Chamberlain
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 9:04 pm    Post subject: FEC Form Reply with quote

You might be right. But remember, this has to be filled in on a special FEC form. What we see on the Internet is a scanned PDF of the paper form. You are right, there is likely to be an electronic version of the form available and hopefully there is some special software that knows how to extract addresses etc. from a database and insert them into the form at the correct spots. Still, I'm sure that preparing a many hundred page form is not an easy task.
joe_madeup
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Question: Will SBVfT really report donations under $200? (I thought I saw somewhere where it's not required...)

Asking because, in a certain group I sometimes run with, it could be slightly inconvenient if somebody looked up the fact that I am an SBVfT donor. No biggie - I'd even be proud (I have a "Kerry Lied" bumper sticker, after all) - I'm only wondering if it's a possibility.
soccer4ever
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the responses.
beansoup
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swifties update..last night, O'Neill was on Hardball, and stated, that the book,"Unfit For Command." has sold 830,000 copies, and still running...
Go Swifties !!

God bless our Troops...

"Swiftvet Donation site"
http://swift1.he.net/~swiftvet/index.php
Doc Farmer
LCDR

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

beansoup wrote:
Swifties update..last night, O'Neill was on Hardball, and stated, that the book,"Unfit For Command." has sold 830,000 copies, and still running...
Go Swifties !!

God bless our Troops...

Now, the bad news. Apparently, Kitty (Litter) Kelly's lie-fest about Dubya's family outsold U4C in the past week. Luckily, U4C is still on top of the NYTBSL...

Fat, Bald and Ugly - And PROUD Of It!
1riverrun
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any news as to how much we have raised since 9/11/04 its been about 2 weeks since the reported 6.7MM.

Michael
Fort Campbell
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArmyWife wrote:

You have identified a GREAT and possible goal...at least one contributor for every name on the Wall.

That would make a fabulous press release when it happens!

I agree. Razz
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fort Campbell wrote:
ArmyWife wrote:

You have identified a GREAT and possible goal...at least one contributor for every name on the Wall.

That would make a fabulous press release when it happens!

I agree. Razz

SBVFT has far surpassed one contributor for each name on the wall.

I believe the last number of contributors I heard or read was 67,000+
soccer4ever
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's make it over 100,000 contributors!

Call a friend or familiy member today
ranch hand
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems to me that true VETS have once again stood up to defend their country.

History will show that the swifties and the book KO'ed Kerry.

Thanks people.

Rick Evans
USAF pilot
VN 69-70
Fort Campbell
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Navy_Navy_Navy wrote:

SBVFT has far surpassed one contributor for each name on the wall.

I believe the last number of contributors I heard or read was 67,000+

Terrific news! Razz Thanks for posting this. Keep encouraging all that you know to donate...........even $5.
RideAHarley
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 5:30 pm    Post subject: Donations.. Reply with quote

I have given twice and will probably give again as the election gets closer. Every time I see a Swifty ad it makes me feel good (and proud), especially after the desgraceful rhetoric that came from the Kerry campaign again this week . I like being able to support the Swift Boat Vets in their cause (which I like to feel I am a part of too).

As to the ads being shown on TV, something that strikes me funny.. The Dems are ranting about the Kerry Surfing (flip-flopping in the wind) ad and how nasty it is. But does anyone remember the Dems ad from the last campaign on the DNC web site that showed Bush pushing elderly people in wheel chairs off (down) a couple of flights of stairs. When the Right complained about that ad all the Dems could say was how thin skinned the Right was.. and to lighten up.

O'Reilly dumps on the Swift Boat Vet ads whenever he gets the chance, saying they are disgraceful (his words). Especially when he gets the chance to have McCain in front of him. Hannity rebuts that stand whenever he has the chance. I saw the O'Reilly interview with J. Oneill and I thought BOR took the interview totally off the track that the Swift Vets are pursuing. O'Reilly had to do his OWN research and came across as if he knew the Swift Vets issues better than the Swift Vets did.

So I promptly walked into my office, got on my computer and gave another small donation.

Thanks again Swift Boat Vets !!!

Semper Fi
RideAHarley.com - Prescott, Arizona
RideAHarley
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 5:50 pm    Post subject: More.. on donations Reply with quote

Quote:
The largest contributor was T. Boone Pickens, a famous Texas oilman and longtime Republican supporter who was a major political backer of Mr. Bush's father, who gave $500,000 to the Swift boat group. Aubrey McClendon, chief executive of Chesapeake Energy in Oklahoma, gave $250,000; Bob Perry, another Bush supporter from Texas, gave $200,000 to seed the group; and Albert Huddleston, a Texas energy executive who has raised money for Mr. Bush, gave $100,000, records show.

Let's see.. Soros, $18,000,000.00. Hanoi Jane, $13,000,000.00 (plus). The CEO of Progressive Insurance, $15,000,000.00(plus).. and the numbers go on and on, for the Left. And you are complaining about T. Boone Pickens. Who in the heck do you want to donate to the Swift Boat Vets, Al Gore or Hillary Rodam. Wake Up !! I don't think the Swift Vets will be hijacked by anyone. They have stayed on message in every single interview I have seen.

BESIDES.. you have Carvel and Begalla "working" for CNN, drawing a pay check every week while running Kerry's campaign and then reporting on it every single day on CNN TV. AND.. You have Dan Rather "creating, lying and distorting" stories to defeat Bush. (the list could go on and on)

I say "thank you" T. Boone and the others. We only have one election every 4 years folks and this one is Pretty Darn Important and it is only a few short days away !!

Semper Fi
RideAHarley.com - Prescott, Arizona
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: