SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Coming Unhinged?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
neverforget
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 4:00 am    Post subject: Coming Unhinged? Reply with quote

>>During Iraqi Prime Minister Allawi's Rose Garden appearance Thursday, President Bush referred to public-opinion polls in Iraq to make a point about how things are going. "I saw a poll that said the right track/wrong track in Iraq was better than here in America," he said, prompting Kerry spokesman Joe Lockhart to claim that the president had become "unhinged from reality." I found Lockhart's comment odd. It strikes me that polling data are a better reflection of conditions on the ground in Iraq than, say, Democratic talking points. Lately I have been looking over the results of two Iraq polls released in July and August, conducted by the International Republican Institute (IRI) and the Independent Institute for Administrative and Civil Society Studies (IIACCS). They are scientifically conducted polls with large sample sizes and low margins of error. The results are extremely detailed, and fascinating reading.<<

Definitely fascinating reading and puts the lie to Kerry and Lockhart. What a surprise.

http://www.nationalreview.com/robbins/robbins200409240828.asp
PC
PO3

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 6:20 am    Post subject: Reality Reply with quote

"Unhooked from reality" was a term that became popular to describe Richard Nixon. I think it was Roger Mudd who coined it.
Chuck Z Ombie AC2000
LCDR

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantastic article, why doesnt this poll get headlines?
Misty
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DID any of you know that Bill Burkett is a signator at Veterans Call to Conscience? There is a connection between this group and the VVAWAI, a communist organization.

See here and follow the links for associations. See the signatories.

[url] http://www.oz.net/~vvawai/CtC/ [/url]
Brother was on the USS Regulus - Vietnam
Husband was AirForce 3rd (34th) Tactical Fighter Wing - Security Police Bien Hoa Vietnam
fr11
Seaman

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chuck Z Ombie AC2000 wrote:

I think we all know why...
ATACKM
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fr11 wrote:
Chuck Z Ombie AC2000 wrote:

I think we all know why...

Can we say the MSM is "Unhinged or unhooked from reality".... Question
http://www.buglesacrossamerica.org
Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WHO'S coming unhinged?????

every time I see Kerry give a speech he seems to be closer to the edge than the one before.... at the rate he is going, I don't expect him to remain hinged until 11/2 !
be arrested, exiled or hanged.
CTW
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The DEM campaign is using the playbook against Nixon point by point, including the garbage verbage.
Now that would be an ad... Show the playbook: compare the Dem statements and actions against Nixon and now. Of course it could , and probably would (let the voter study group prove it out) push their agenda to resurrect people's feelings of the 60' and 70' against a sitting president, a war, etc. Johnson was the problem but... whatever!

This is going to get nastier. We have to watch out for the last 48-72 hours before the vote. Carvile et al will throw something on the fan when there is little time to refute. I sure hope Rove is ready. Personally I am confident he knows how they operate and what the target may be. Halloween may be real scary. One treat...Bush masks are out selling sKerry masks!! Never been wrong! Twisted Evil vs Very Happy

Keep praying... another hurricane is bearing down on east Florida. God Bless! CTW

Never Ever Kerry
Nomorelies
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
DID any of you know that Bill Burkett is a signator at Veterans Call to Conscience? There is a connection between this group and the VVAWAI, a communist organization

I did not know that.

Now, of course, Matt Drudge, Wizbangblog and Powerlineblog know it too.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unhooked from reality was what they used to say about Nixon. Why do I sense deja vu here? Confused Confused Confused
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

neverforget wrote:
prompting Kerry spokesman Joe Lockhart to claim that the president had become "unhinged from reality." I found Lockhart's comment odd.

Lockhart, Carville, et al claimed that the President said that things are better in Iraq than they are in America - and of course if the President HAD said that, I'd be inclined to believe that he was, indeed, unhinged.

But, what the President was comparing were the polls taken in Iraq and in the US, asking if things in Iraq were going better or worse than anticipated.

The polls taken of Iraqis are consistently much higher (more positive) than the polls taken of US citizens.... which should tell you something, right there.

The Kerry Kampf would rather believe the poll-results from US citizens - the people spoon-fed from the leftist media - than the poll results from the people who are over there living in the middle of it all.

So, who is it that's unhinged, again? Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: