SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bias at NBC? Is this possible?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hiyall
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 2:27 pm    Post subject: Bias at NBC? Is this possible? Reply with quote

1) Whom did Norah refer to as"he" in "And he had Allawi essentially echo many of the themes that President Bush says out on the campaign trail." ?

2) How can Chris Matthews defend the obvious bias in Norah's report? In addition, I noted that David Gregory used similar language in the NBC News broadcast earlier that day which characterized Allawi's speech as possibly written by the White House.

3) In a LA Times http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/world/la-fg-assess24sep24,1,1930736.story

"The last thing you want to be seen as is a puppet of the United States, and you can almost see the hand underneath the shirt today moving the lips," said Joe Lockhart, a senior Kerry advisor.

One might start seeing a campaign here .... would you agree?

4 et. al.) Where is your evidence to support these implied accusations? What research have you conducted to prove or disprove your theories? What is your justification to broadcast unfounded theories which if untrue are in reality fabrications.

What is a more severe blow to one's credibility: the forgery in support of a fabrication or the fabrication itself?

Here are the related excerpts from the transcript published at the following link: (the bold and color are my additions)

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/6090681/

MATTHEWS: NBC‘s Norah O‘Donnell was at the White House—Norah.

NORAH O‘DONNELL, NBC CORRESPONDENT: Chris, that‘s right. This was a very high profile visit by the interim Iraqi leader Prime Minister Allawi, invited by President Bush to address the joint session of Congress and then come here to the Rose Garden. The president trying to make that case, that they should stay the course in Iraq, that freedom is winning, that despite the violence, progress is being made on the ground.

And he had Allawi essentially echo many of the themes that President Bush says out on the campaign trail. It was as if Allawi‘s comments had been written by President Bush‘s speech writers. The two of them echoing that same very clear message, that progress is being made on the ground.

And with six weeks before our own election here in the United States, the president‘s advisers admit, this visit was in part to address the concerns of American voters about what is going on on the ground in Iraq.

Senator Kerry had a very different view today. And I think there was a clear contrast between the two candidates for voters to see. President Bush saying stay the course. John Kerry saying it is time to change the course.

and later in the broadcast:

REP. DAN BURTON, ® ILLINOIS: First of all, I was a little disappointed that Norah O‘Donnell indicated that President (sic) Allawi‘s speech was written by the White House. That is a bias that the media...

MATTHEWS: She didn‘t say that.

BURTON: Well yes, she did, Chris.

MATTHEWS: No she didn‘t. She said it could have been written.
BC
PO3

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Bias at NBC? Is this possible?

Naw, no way, I can't believe it, really, I just can't believe they would be that way not NBC, say it an't so. Sad

Twisted Evil

Wink
DaveL
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty clear bias in Norah's report!

Quote:
And he had Allawi essentially echo many of the themes that President Bush says out on the campaign trail. It was as if Allawi‘s comments had been written by President Bush‘s speech writers. The two of them echoing that same very clear message, that progress is being made on the ground.

My liberal friends don't see it...it amazes me...I point out that Norah could have (should have) just said that "Allawi corroborated what Bush has been saying", that is all that should have been reported, that is all that is known, anything beyond that is just conjecture/editorial/opinion designed to influence the viewing public!
blue9t3
Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 5:08 pm    Post subject: reporting Reply with quote

Allawi should slap kerry across the face with a white glove and challenge him to a duel. Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 9:14 pm    Post subject: Re: reporting Reply with quote

blue9t3 wrote:
Allawi should slap kerry across the face with a white glove and challenge him to a duel. Rolling Eyes

Thats good! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: