SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

But he'll still be one of our Senators!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scs
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 1:35 am    Post subject: But he'll still be one of our Senators! Reply with quote

Hopefully Kerry won't be elected president, but this man will still be a US Senator and will still be able to negatively influence this nation. Is there any thought to continue this campaign during his next attempt to be re-elected as a Senator? Is all of this information pretty much common knowledge in Massachusetts? Not only can't I believe one of the nation's major political parties would put someone like this up as a serious presidental candidate, I can't believe someone like this is part of our small pool of 100 senators.
scs
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The longer Kerry's around and opening his ignorant mouth the more and more I dislike him. It's becoming apparent that the American public might not elect Kerry (it seemed a definate just a couple months ago), but I don't like that this guy is in the senate. If Kerry loses the election are the Swift Vets planning on taking the fight to Massachusetts so that he loses his next Senate campaign? Kerry is a fool and is not qualified to be a US Senator! He needs to be completely out of the government, he isn't even qualified for city dog catcher.
Mustang
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The question was correctly placed about taking the fight to Massachusetts, and I would submit that it is incombent on all of us, not just the Swift Boats team, to take this fight past election day and to make sure that this guy is not eligible to run for any public office, including dog catcher, any place on earth, and preferably is in jail for crimes and conspiracy in the 70's.
RMalloy
PO3

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know, Kennedy, the other Senator from MA is still there, if he can
remain in office with his sordid past, Kerry doesn't have to worry about his chances of being re-elected. At every previous Senate race he has
faced down these very issues. Maybe that has led to his current confidence in this election.
swing votr
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RMalloy wrote:
I don't know, Kennedy, the other Senator from MA is still there, if he can
remain in office with his sordid past, Kerry doesn't have to worry about his chances of being re-elected. At every previous Senate race he has
faced down these very issues. Maybe that has led to his current confidence in this election.

The best way to get Kerry out of office in Massachusetts is find another Democrat willing to run against him. I highly doubt that any Republican could win in Massachusetts (Gov. Romney is a fluke, whose election is the result of an embarrasing situation where our governor took a federal position, leaving someone completely unqualified to be governor).
Hondo
LCDR

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For all of us who don't live in Massachusetts, I'm afraid this falls into the "True but Irrelevant" category. If we don't live there, we have no direct say in the matter. It's up to the voters in Massachusetts to solve the problem. The best we can do is donate to - or otherwise help - Kerry's next opponent.

If they won't solve the problem by electing someone else, the rest of us are just sin loi.

Last edited by Hondo on Tue Sep 28, 2004 6:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gray Temples
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 5:57 pm    Post subject: Kerry will leave office Reply with quote

Methinks Kerry will not run for re-election to the US Senate....his pride will not permit him to submit himself to the daily public profile of being a Loser......he can use TaRAYza's $ and have fun with the rest of his life....can you imagine his trying to be an effewctive spokesperson for any issue after he is trounced on November 2?
swing votr
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 8:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Kerry will leave office Reply with quote

Gray Temples wrote:
Methinks Kerry will not run for re-election to the US Senate....his pride will not permit him to submit himself to the daily public profile of being a Loser......he can use TaRAYza's $ and have fun with the rest of his life....can you imagine his trying to be an effewctive spokesperson for any issue after he is trounced on November 2?

HAHAHA... You actually think Heinzie will stick around with Kerry after he loses Laughing Bwuhahaha... She'll divorce him so fast he won't know which way is up, and before you can say "three purple hearts" she'll have found a new politician to marry.
jimlarsen
Seaman

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The essential outcome of this campaign is to elect someone other than Kerry as President. But it would be a bonus if his problems became well enough known that the Senate censures him for the rest of his term. Perhaps the Mass. voters would even demand his resignation. Not likely, but we can dream. A more probable outcome is that Kerry finds it too difficult to continue in the Senate because he has to deal with a new image and finds that he can't deal with it and resigns.
Hondo
LCDR

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
A more probable outcome is that Kerry finds it too difficult to continue in the Senate because he has to deal with a new image and finds that he can't deal with it and resigns.

One can only hope . . . .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: