SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kerry appeals for end to election advertising war
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BrianC
PO2

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 10:51 pm    Post subject: Kerry appeals for end to election advertising war Reply with quote

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=1506&u=/afp/20040927/ts_alt_afp/us_vote_kerry_040927200607&printer=1

SPRING GREEN, United States (AFP) - Democratic presidential challenger John Kerry (news - web sites) appealed for an end to the TV advertising war that has marked his election battle against President George W. Bush.

Kerry said the avalanche of negative television spots and attacks being shown on US screens was scaring off voters.

"Americans need a real conversation over our future," Kerry said in a speech at a school in Spring Green, Wisconsin.

"What they don't need is all these trumped up advertisements, they just make people curl up and walk away," added the Massachusetts senator.

"I'm calling them 'misleadisments,'" Kerry said of the adverts. "It's all scare tactics ... because (Bush) has no record to run on."

A group called Swift Boat Veterans for Truth has also been at the center of the television advertising battle with controversial spots aimed at discrediting Kerry's Vietnam War record. The adverts accused the decorated Vietnam War veteran of exaggerating or lying about his exploits.

TRANSLATION: The ads pointing out my weaknesses are killing me. Please stop.

And he says President Bush has "no record to run on" ?
WHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAA

Hey Johnny - LET'S HEAR ABOUT YOUR RECORD FROM 20 YEARS IN THE SENATE!

And hey - who is this "Swift Boat Veterans for Truth" group? Anyone ever heard of them? Wink
Arty Guy
Seaman

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is embarrassing to read about these things. To think that this man is a United States Senator and the presidential standard bearer for one of the two major parties of our country is disheartening. What a crybaby.
BrianC
PO2

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And President Bush's response, just 2 hours after the Kerry Whine was served:

"You cannot lead when people do not know where you stand."

-- President George W. Bush, Sept. 27, 2004

Hanoi John Kerry = UNFIT FOR COMMAND
sleeplessinseattle
LCDR

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arty Guy wrote:
It is embarrassing to read about these things. To think that this man is a United States Senator and the presidential standard bearer for one of the two major parties of our country is disheartening. What a crybaby.

After the election we can review, reflect and be embarrassed by how one of the two major US parties was duped by the "reporting for duty" hype of Kerry. For now, I am simply relieved to see the increasing desperation out of the Kerry camp as his house of cards falls down around them...
CTW
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BrianC wrote:
And President Bush's response, just 2 hours after the Kerry Whine was served:

"You cannot lead when people do not know where you stand."

-- President George W. Bush, Sept. 27, 2004

Hanoi John Kerry = UNFIT FOR COMMAND

Thanks Brian! That is the BEST of the BEST! Didn't hear it so thanks for the lift.

Kerry is such a crybaby I can't stand it. I can't wait for Nov 2 because I am confident we won't be submitted to his whining on a daily basis. And it will shut up Ted kennedy probably once and for all. We will all have to move to Mass so we can vote them out of our country. CTW

Never Ever Kerry
BrianC
PO2

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why was this topic moved to Geedunk?

It's directly related to the SBVFT campaign, and in fact, is mentioned in the article!

What gives?
Stacman
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arty Guy wrote:

And that's why the official seal of the DNC is
fr11
Seaman

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stacman wrote:

And that's why the official seal of the DNC is

LOL! The DNC has been trying to shred Bush's character for the past two years, but do you ever hear him complaining? Bush-bashing has become a favorite sport among Democrats. So suck it up Kerry. Or, as your wife so eloquently stated - "Shove it!"
BuffaloJack
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let him appeal all he wants.
It will fall on deaf ears.
It was OK in his mind when Bush was getting tronced on by Michael Moore.
And he wouldn't be taking this stand if it weren't hurting him badly.
Since this organization does not take direction from Bush all I can suggest is for the SwiftBoat Veterans for Truth to continue a very effective campaign aimed at preventing Kerry from ever becoming CinC.

My words to John Kerry - Pound Salt you hippy turncoat.
neverforget
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

>>I'm calling them 'misleadisments<<

Uh, oh. That indicates deterioration...if done frequently. Let's watch and see.
Chuck Z Ombie AC2000
LCDR

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya know, you may win or lose but nobody i mean nobody likes a whiner. Even if he were to win somehow he has embarassed himself and the DNC so badly they are through. After this year the GoP will have made a substantial gain in members.
USS Endicott
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He certainly didn't complain about the terrible comments made by Whoopi Goldberg and other comedians at the event he attended. Kerry and the media pushed Bush to denounce the Swiftboat Vets and he refused to denounce moveon.org and all of the nasty anti-Bush sites. Kerry can dish it out, but he can't take it. This is not the type of person I want as President of the United States. I may not agree with all of President Bush's policies, but I certainly respect him.
Tom Poole
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry wrote:
...Americans need a real conversation over our future...

OK, Kerry, you mean like, no WMD’s, allow inspectors to finish, the occupation’s going badly, Iraq is Vietnam, reporting for duty, Christmas in Cambodia is seared, seared, NOT in Kansas City, not medals, ribbons, someone else’s medals, Bush was AWOL, Bush was a draft dodger, wrong, wrong, wrong, liar, liar, pants on fire, more trash doing dirty work, vast right-wing conspiracy, move on, get over it?

Just sign the form. Take a position. We'll take it from there.
bhlewis
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't Kerry decide to stay within that 70 million dollar spending limit starting after the convention? If so I'd figure he is starting to run out of money.
Polaris
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bhlewis,

I think you're right. I think Kerry is running low on money. One thing that has not hit the MSM (and has only been mentioned in passing on the blogs) is that Kerry has dumped most of his remaining resources into Florida.

Bad idea with the hurricanes and such. It is especially a bad idea if Bush takes Minnesota (and it looks like he will) since Iowa and Wis are already going for Bush.

Truth is Beauty
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: