SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Christian Science Monitor Slams SBVFT
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wynne
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just sent this. It is a bit personal, but I feel personal about this! There are two issues that bother me in his article and I have addressed them both.

RE: Press 'fairness' in politics: Just relativism disguised?
By Dante Chinni

Dear Mr. Chinni:

I am a Christian Scientist and I well know, as you should, that The Christian Science Monitor is a newspaper founded by Mary Baker Eddy to report honestly and responsibly on the important news of the day. In the early days of the 20th Century when yellow journalism was rampant, Mrs. Eddy conceived The Christian Science Monitor as a newspaper that would be unique in that she intended for The Monitor always to tell the truth. But your article reads like yellow journalism, Mr.Chinni! You make me ashamed.

You have accused President Bush of throwing his hat into the “relativist ring,” because he has said that a National Intelligence Estimate that forecast a bleak future for Iraq was full of potential outcomes that were ‘just guesses.’” Later, he called them estimates.

Let me educate you about what the National Intelligence Council that made these predictions is, Mr. Chinni: The National Intelligence Council is an independent group made up of outside academics and long-time intelligence professionals. The CIA describes it as the intelligence community’s “center for mid-term and long-term strategic thinking.” Its main task is to produce National Intelligence Estimates [emphasis mine], formal reports outlining the consensus of intelligence agencies. But it also produces less formal assessments, like the ones about Iraq it presented in January 2003 and to which you refer.

That President Bush chose to listen to the hopeful prediction of Prime Minister Iyad Allawi, a man who is putting his life on the line daily in Iraq, a man who actually lives in that country and has of necessity first-hand knowledge of what is going on there, would seem to me to be an intelligent choice on Mr. Bush’s part. Do you not think so? Especially since previous predictions provided to the White House by outside experts in regard to what could go wrong in Iraq have not come to pass.

Now to your charges against the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth. I should think The Christian Science Monitor, of all newspapers, would not dismiss out-of-hand what these men are saying about their experience in Viet Nam – and afterward – as the result of John Kerry’s despicable behavior. Those of us who lived through that era in history in particular remember well Senator Kerry’s giving aid and comfort to the enemy in the halls of the U.S. Congress while the men he served with remained behind in Viet Nam and were dying at the hands of that enemy. And we now know that Kerry’s testimony before Congress was used in the torture chambers of the North Vietnamese against our own POWs. The Kerry campaign has now backtracked and admits two of the charges of the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth are fact: Kerry was never in Cambondia and his first purple heart was received for a self-inflicted wound. What other of their charges are also true? Aren't you the least bit curious, MrChinni? Read the book, ‘Unfit for Command.’ Talk to the men whose stories are included in that book. And when and if John Kerry ever signs the Form 180 and releases all his military records, look at those and see what he has been hiding all this time. See what he does not want the American voter to know. You will find that the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth are telling the truth.

The Christian Science Monitor was once a newspaper I could count on for intelligent, honest, in-depth reporting. No more. I am embarrassed by it.
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

beautiful job!
Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my email is in the works.... it, of course, is longer than I intended. I will let it 'sit' for a few hours, then review, spellcheck, prettify and send.
be arrested, exiled or hanged.
Digger
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 5:13 am    Post subject: The two faces of John kerry Reply with quote

I hardly know what to make of that man Kerry. One time I see him and he's all wan and pasty faced looking like a ghost. And the next he's all dark, red and wild looking like Dracula just made a meal out of the Mother Superior of the local convent.
But maybe that's the point of him. If you want to go to hell, I'm sure he's one to show you the way. He's the kind of dog who would lift his leg on the image of the Holy Mother.
It's really a shame about the C.S.M. They used to have a reputation for really good honest journalism. I think they also must have been bitten by the master vampire. Rolling Eyes

Sgt. Maj. Seamus D.D. MacNemi R.M.C. Ret.
Digger
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dane,
I saw your post and I just sent a nasty letter to the C.S.M. Don't worry, I didn't say anything obscene. Twisted Evil

RMalloy
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just another Kerry Parrothead. Sent e-mail. Told em they obviously
hadn't read the book, were instead relying on other editorialists, instead of actually doing their own work, that they were just another pawn
of Kerry's doing all his defense work against the Swiftvets. Pointed out the guy is being used by Kerry, and that he is just another of Kerry's
minions who had no respect for the veterans who served in Vietnam.
Trashing the Swiftvets is trashing all the men who served in Vietnam
all over again, this time I'm older, and not going to put up with it.
85 Scott
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to be a regular poster at CSM. And I can you tell that CSM has a definite leftist slant to it.

CSM news leans gullible to stupid on energy, environmental and human rights issues. And it's "sissy-soft" on defense and crime(no death penalty for murderers).

And their forums, they read like a UN meeting.

Probably 60% of all CSM posters are liberal to kook liberal. I've been basically banned for posting my corrections of their $green$ lies.

Apparently I was too good at it - because I didn't cuss. You can't cuss. Can't even type in stats with a "#69" without cybernanny deleting them.

I'm also no hardcore religious type. Abortion doesn't bother me either way. But I am very much pro death penalty and come at you with a "don't arrest-just-kill the terrorists" attitude on defense. So maybe I don't fit into their "soft" profile.

There are also some good Reps and a few conservative Demo posters on there too. But like I said before, they are overrun by the angry mob of uninformed leftists that hate America.

I find that sad for a supposed Christian organization.
Digger
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 10:37 am    Post subject: The Leftist Science Monitor Reply with quote

this is from the "DUUH" Department: Referring to the "So called" Christian Science Monitor. If they feel so strongly about death. I wonder why they don't seem to feel at all about the deaths of non Muslims who are murdered daily in the Middle East and Africa. You hear nothing from them about the butchering going on in Sudan or for that matter about the beheadings of innocent civilians who are just trying to help the people of Iraq rebuild their lives after Saddam. Rolling Eyes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: