SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A PRAYER FOR BUSH
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
buffman
LCDR

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 3:44 pm    Post subject: A PRAYER FOR BUSH Reply with quote

I ask everyone on this board to please say a prayer for President Bush tonight during this debate. Never before has so much been riding on an election as this. The course our nation takes these next four years will determine whether or not we will see Iran with a nuclear arsenal, the fall of Taiwan, war between the Koreas, civil war in Iraq, the fall of the house of Saud, the reshaping of the Supreme Court, the influence of Soros spreading, possible civil war in Iran, the reshaping of the American family, and the fall of Karzai and civil war in Afghanistan again to name a few of the dreadful consequences of not having a Godly man in the Oval office. I am asking God to give his words strength and possess insight to touch the souls of Americans like never before.
twicearound
PO2

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amen to that, my family prays daily and I pray while I walk daily, and am comforted by the fact : I have never seen the righteous forsaken. Arise, Oh God and let our enemies be scattered. I will pray more today than yesterday and more tomorrow than I do today. Victory is the only option.
oasis
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

Quote:
I ask everyone on this board to please say a prayer for President Bush tonight during this debate.

I agree and believe it's Gods will that we pray for President Bush.

During these debates tonight keep your eyes and ears tuned to the deceptive tongue that Kerry wags.

Count how many times he says I. Wink

Please donate to the.. RED CROSS
Scott
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oasis wrote:
Count how many times he says I. Wink

Bonus points for every time he uses the royal "We"!

Laughing
SangRun Hunter
PO1

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buffman,

well put and a good idea.

Seeing all the things that could happen written down in your post gives me the shivers.
jataylor11
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 4:30 pm    Post subject: Re: A PRAYER FOR BUSH Reply with quote

buffman wrote:
I ask everyone on this board to please say a prayer for President Bush tonight during this debate. Never before has so much been riding on an election as this. .... I am asking God to give [President Bush's] words strength and possess insight to touch the souls of Americans like never before.

I agree, God can touch each person's heart. I pray that God open the hearts and minds of all people to recognize the true evil that exists in the world and work to defeat this evil. If anyone is confused regarding the face of evil -- then watch the beheading videos --- oh that is right you can't see evil's face because evil is wearing a mask.

The words spoken as Mr. Armstrong was murdered were:

"In the video of the beheading, an insurgent wearing a ski mask and surrounded by four men with assault rifles says the group is killing Mr. Armstrong because the American occupiers and the interim Iraqi government failed to meet the deadline. Much of the man's long speech is addressed to President Bush, who is called a dog at one point."

the exact phrase uttered by the executioner at the time he cut Armstrong's throat and severed his head from his body. That phrase was, "Oh, you Christian dog, Bush, stop your arrogance."

The reference to President Bush by the terrorist strengthens the belief of many that we are involved in a war of civilizations. Fanatic Islamists believe that Christians and Jews who do not recognize the supremacy of Islam should die. That awful message is part of the story, and the [NY]Times erred in not carrying that quote, which many other papers did.

I pray that God please help us in defeating this evil.

Although I may be simplist in my restatement of the Bush doctrine -- but you are either with us or them.

Dear God, I pray that minds, hearts, and eyes are opened before another innocent person is murdered by these terrorists.
joeshero
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Believe it or not. Last night I have a dream, I was in a room with President Bush--only two of us--before he entered the debate hall. He asked me what to say. I said, "Mr. President, please remind American people about the 9/11 and why the US foreign policy must be adjusted to the new challenges. Remind them that the terrorists must be dealt with resolute and tough stand, or else they would not only bomb cafes, buildings, but if they could, they would blow up cities and countries."
Then pointing to his head, he replied "I already have it here". Then I woke up. I really hope he will crush Kerry tonight. Had Joe Lieberman been the Democrat's candidate, I could have slept well.
jataylor11
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ditto on Joe Lieberman.

My main concern is the security of the US. I guess I should not care about wearing a burqa (I could forget about exercise, diet, hair, and make-up)--- but I rather not. I like women being educated and working where they want.
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

joeshero wrote:
Believe it or not. Last night I have a dream, I was in a room with President Bush--only two of us--before he entered the debate hall. He asked me what to say. I said, "Mr. President, please remind American people about the 9/11 and why the US foreign policy must be adjusted to the new challenges. Remind them that the terrorists must be dealt with resolute and tough stand, or else they would not only bomb cafes, buildings, but if they could, they would blow up cities and countries."
Then pointing to his head, he replied "I already have it here". Then I woke up. I really hope he will crush Kerry tonight. Had Joe Lieberman been the Democrat's candidate, I could have slept well.

Great dream. I think we all would have slept much better had they chosen Lieberman. The guy is sane. Too sane to do their bidding.
One good thing is that with Kerry running for President many people (like me) have become more aware and involved in politics and the future of our country. Before 9/11 and Kerry it was painful to deal with Clinton but it never seemed quite so critical to our survival.
May God Bless George W. Bush.
ProudDaughterofVet
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a great thread! Prayers going up now..and candle will be lit for our President. He will find the words, I know he will..tonight, he wins the election..for the good of us all!!! I say group prayer at 8:50pm??? The more the better.. Wink

Also I pray that God will open the hearts and ears of the voter..to hear what this President is saying. Not just the words, but the meaning behind them as well.

Keep the faith my dear friends,
PD

www.timetotakeastand.blogspot.com
Kimmymac
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PD--I will join you in the prayer at 8:50 pm. Everyone--let's do this!

I could write an entire book on how I have seen prayer change things, things I thought were impossible. Things that were impossible, for man. I have seen people who have literally scoffed at the idea of God, people who were into drugs big time-- totally changed through honest humble prayer. I have seen God work miracles in my life. Truly, His mercy knows no limits.

I look at this election and the shenanigans that have gone on, and I am overwhelmed at times. The forces arrayed against George Bush (not FOR John Kerry, mind you--AGAINST George Bush) are powerful and many. And yet--and yet--he leads in the polls. Praise God.

All elections are important, but this election may be the most important of our lifetime. Terrorists do the work of the Enemy. If you doubt that, just listen to their words as they laugh at those who love life and embrace hope. Look at their actions as they bring death and destruction, oppression and suffering, disease and fear to everyone in their path. Our president has bravely stood up to them; not appeasing them as Carter did, not taking pitiful half measures as Clinton did--no. Our president looked them in the eye and told them to go to hell, and we must be willing to do the same. We are all warriors here, and we must fight this battle on our knees. We aren't all called to the fields of battle in Iraq and Afghanistan, but we are all called to the field of battle in our own homes, on our knees. Those who would scream Allahu Akbar (God is great) as they mercilessly take a human life are the enemy of my Lord, and so they are my enemy. They mock the true and living God, and I will not be deceived by those who would have me believe we worship the same God, and only our cultures are different. The God I worship instructs that I pray for my enemies, not be co-opted by them.

We must thank God for the victory he will give us in November, and we must thank God for the victory he will give us over terrorists and others that scoff and mock God--and then we must be vigilant that we do not squander our victory.

And remember this, our Lord is the Alpha and the Omega--the Beginning and the End. Only He can create life, only he can create anything AT ALL. The Enemy can only destroy, it is his one-size-fits-all tool.

I would not ever dare to tell anyone else how to pray; I am a sinner and a fool, and I am just not qualified. I will only say that I am praying for the President, our nation, the terrorists who are so cruelly held in the Enemy's grasp, and I pray for those cruelly oppressed by them...I am asking God to remove our blinders, and raise up a standard against the Enemy. And above all else, I am asking that His will be done.

We must be bold and courageous; we must not shirk our duty, as we have in the past.

God bless you all. Thanks for listening. Thanks for being here!
jataylor11
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be on my knees praying at 8:50. I'll pray that God uses President Bush for good.
concernedgranny
Seaman

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can count on me for prayer as well. God wants to be involved in our nation again and have us ask for help. It is because of Him, that we have been so blessed in this country. Sure this country has problems but even the poorest of this country does not compare to the poorest in the other countries. I'm going to continue and send e-mails to start this prayer chain to pray tonight at 8:50 for President Bush's words to show God's wisdom and that God opens the hearts and souls of the American people to hear his message and to show Mr. Kerry for the evil he is.
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaTaylor11 wrote:

'the exact phrase uttered by the executioner at the time he cut Armstrong's throat and severed his head from his body. That phrase was, "Oh, you Christian dog, Bush, stop your arrogance
."

this is and always has been a fight between good and evil. After reading that, how can anyone doubt their intentions? Our strong and brave President will feel the power of our prayers tonight.
God and Country
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

President Bush is God's christian soldier.

I'll follow President Bush for the good of this great country.

Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: