SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bin Laden is Dead ...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FF1047
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 7:22 pm    Post subject: Bin Laden is Dead ... Reply with quote

I wish a high profile Republican would come out a state that Bin Laden is dead and that we are mopping up the remains of Al Qaeda all over the world.

This would either:

1) Cause Bin Laden to release another video (he hasn't since Dec 2001) which would put him in danger of capture/death.

2) Eliminate the Kerry talking point: we haven't captured Bin Laden so Iraq is a distraction.

I actually think the guy is dead.
Kimmymac
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There have been plenty of statements to that effect. People hear what they want to hear, but most people know that if bin Laden is not already dead, he will be soon enough. In the meantime, we have plenty of other devils that need killing. I don't know what people expect, honestly. This terror network has been millenia in the making, and they want it wrapped up in 2 hours.

Makes me want to snap my fingers at them and say, "People! People! Life is not a movie!"
SangRun Hunter
PO1

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he's gone too and now that we know he was more of a figurehead and his right hand man was the brains (the Egyptian doctor whose name I cannot spell) and he might be dead or detained now also.

Who knows? What we do know? We know that Bush has let our special go after Al-Q all over the world to hunt them down and they have been extremely sucessful.
azpatriot
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kimmymac wrote:
terror network has been millenia in the making, and they want it wrapped up in 2 hours.

Yeah, You know I don't think they would like the TWO HOUR OPTION

Hondo
LCDR

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I not only want to see him lose the election, but I want to see him lose his senate seat, brought up on treason charges, divorced, in jail, and finally homeless. Completely crushed if you will.

Reminds me of another quote I find mostly applicable to Kerry (only mostly, though - I'll pass on clasping his wife to my bosom):

Quote:
The greatest happiness is to vanquish your enemy: to chase him before you; to see his cities reduced to ashes; to rob him of his wealth; to see those dear to him bathed in tears; to clasp to your bosom his wives and daughters.

Ironically enough, the second quote may well be familar to John-Boy. My source attributes it to . . . . Gengis Khan, 1226
buffman
LCDR

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought Arnold said that in CONAN the destroyer, didn't know JENJIS said that. LOL
Hondo
LCDR

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found the Gengis quote while looking for the quote from Conan.

Apparently the Conan scripwriters took a few liberties; the one from the
movie ended something like " . . . and to hear the lamentations of his
women!"

Oh, and by the way . . . more research has turned up the fact that
"Jen-Jis" Khan actually refers to two persons: Jenny Khan and Jissa
Khan. They were a set of twin sisters that Gengis abducted during
one of his raids who later became favored concubines. (grin)
Ohio Voter
PO2

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 9:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Bin Laden is Dead ... Reply with quote

I think Bin Laden has been dead since Tora Bora [or whatever the name is]. I also think the #2 real bad Al Qaeda operating in Iraq is also dead as of recently [I hope]. Trouble is no one can prove anything and no one is talking who would know.

FF1047 wrote:
I wish a high profile Republican would come out a state that Bin Laden is dead and that we are mopping up the remains of Al Qaeda all over the world.

This would either:

1) Cause Bin Laden to release another video (he hasn't since Dec 2001) which would put him in danger of capture/death.

2) Eliminate the Kerry talking point: we haven't captured Bin Laden so Iraq is a distraction.

USWORHOCKEY
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He is imho alive but not doing well, the doctor shown on the video being by himself is extremly rare. With the exception of the video of the doctor in prison when he was younger, I'm not sure if there is any video of them apart, even in UBL's Ak spots he is always lurking in the backround. I feel he is alive and the reason the quack went on by himself was like a COO giving the pep speech for the CEO. I feel that when he is finally dead from us, or other causes there will be many attacks worldwide in his name..
CTW
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone recall that during an interview quite some time ago President Bush was asked a question about UBL and did he think they would get him or something to that effect, and President Bush responded with that little glimmer he gets in his eye when he knows a secret, "How do you know we don't have him?" That was the moment I started to believe UBL was done for already. Bush only says what he means and he means what he says. Period. CTW

Never Ever Kerry
wwIIvetsdaughter
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recall Rush soon after the Tora Bora action saying on air that he had it on reliable sources that OBL was on a donkey/horse with his minions when a predator drone spotted him and a few minutes later a US missle caused the ambient temprature of the area to rise to 2,000 degrees. Nothing much would of been left after that. Evenso, (and I do pray he's dead) OBL was but one head of this snake called Islamofascism and we MUST kill this snake before we can say the fight is over.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 6:14 am    Post subject: Re: Bin Laden is Dead ... Reply with quote

FF1047 wrote:

This would either:

Of course he is dead, but the administration most likely does not have conclusive evidence to back that up yet. As for Kerry he just needs to shut-up and stop his treasonous claims. He is selling us out just like he did to the Vets. He is a traitor. Twisted Evil
Detective
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can only state that I tend to agree that bin laden is rotting in some cockroach hole on the border as well.My Intel sources believe this but without a body to tag and bag they will continue to search for him and zawarhiri the egyptian doctor nutcase and former member of the muslim brotherhood.Task Force 121 is still iradicating the pests as they find them and doing a great job.
MichaelP
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kimmymac wrote:
There have been plenty of statements to that effect. People hear what they want to hear, but most people know that if bin Laden is not already dead, he will be soon enough. In the meantime, we have plenty of other devils that need killing. I don't know what people expect, honestly. This terror network has been millenia in the making, and they want it wrapped up in 2 hours.

Makes me want to snap my fingers at them and say, "People! People! Life is not a movie!"

As usual I agree with Kimmymac. After watching skerry last night he came across as a weasel! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

I was kind of rooting for Bush to pull out OBL’s head from behind the podium complete with magic Cambodia hat and dog tags taped together and hit kerry over the head with it just to watch kerry wig out on national TV but that’s just me!! Cool

Michael
blue9t3
Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 6:38 pm    Post subject: 0bl Reply with quote

Michaelp, your comment was like e.s.p.
I was thinking the same thing last night. Chenney could of stood up in the audience raising his arms, Bush could have set the head down on the stage, then kicked it through Chenny's arms for a 2 point field goal! Wink

" YEA----GO TEAM W"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: