SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

White House Wrote Allawi Speech?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaveL
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 9:56 pm    Post subject: White House Wrote Allawi Speech? Reply with quote

Say it ain't so! I don't believe Carl Rove would allow anything this stupid to be done!

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=1521&u=/afp/20040930/pl_afp/us_iraq_allawi_letter_040930193640&printer=1
kmudd
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even if true it would not be the first time that the Whitehouse and an ally agreed to what speeches would be made.
Anker-Klanker
Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope so too. Without confirmation, this looks very much like another of those Democratic smoke-screens (like the draft issue).
azpatriot
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I point out that this was said by Senator Dianne Feinstein and I would take it with a grain of salt.
Actually I would take the salt and throw the statement over my shoulder Very Happy
msindependent
Vice Admiral

I would expect them to at least help him with the speech. Is that wrong?
DaveL
Commander

If true, this would tend to vindicate what we all thought were reprehensible comments and behavior by Kerry, Lockhart, and all of the dems that chose to boycott the congressional speech by Allawi. This would become a big big story! Hopefully this will be shown to be false very quickly!

Last edited by DaveL on Thu Sep 30, 2004 10:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

azpatriot wrote:
I point out that this was said by Senator Dianne Feinstein and I would take it with a grain of salt.
Actually I would take the salt and throw the statement over my shoulder Very Happy

Yes, so true. We have all heard the dems schinanigans regarding the draft. Rengle was the ring leader. Never trust a dem, except Zell Miller.
ProudDaughterofVet
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is common practice to have the White House go over a speech..no worries mate! These Senators sure have a lot of time on their hands, jeezzzzz..!!

PD

www.timetotakeastand.blogspot.com
kmudd

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What counts is was the Iraqi PM telling the truth.It dosen't matter if the WhiteHouse saw the speech ahead of time and made some suggestions . Do you think after War War II the new German's PM first speech wasn't approved by Truman's White House? It is very commom for allies who are meeting at the White House to let each other know what each will say about whatever they are meeting about.
rb325th
Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is just more regurgitation of JFnKerrys News Conference just after the speech where he accused PM Allawi of lying and of coordinating his speach with Bush to make him look good. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Nathanyl
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe it's already been denied by the whitehouse that they wrote the speech although I can't find article. It may have been on Fox.
Kimmymac

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh puh-leeze. What next? "Ooh, ooh, <hand-wringing> the White House wrote the speech for Allawi, ooh, ooh, I think I might faint..."

Is it SHOCKING that the White House would get an advance on Allawi's speech or something?

Does it BLOW people's minds that someone from the White House would have a hand in writing the speech?

Do we not think the White House was well within their rights to vet the remarks?

You know there are some cultural differences that need to be addressed to be sure that was meant is actually said by Allawi---try to translate Arabic to English sometime; it requires pages of explanation, on top of the actual translation, for a single one page document. Do you think the White House wanted to risk a major misunderstanding?

To my little leftist expose reporter-ettes and their audience of ignorantsi: GROW UP! THIS IS THE NFL OF POLITICS! THIS IS THE BIG TIME! STOP SNIVELING! STOP WHINING!

Auughhh!
DaveL
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK. You have all convinced me. Not an issue to be concerned about. Hopefully the MSM will include some of these same fine points from this thread in their "news" stories as they develop over the next few days. Ya right! LOL
Anker-Klanker
Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All well and good that there might be a logical explanation. But this kind of thing reverberates loudly among the Kerrisitas (who cares?), and has a fair chance of taking traction with the remaining undecideds. It will D____ sure be picked up by the MSM and talked about ad naseum. Notice the timing!

As we count down the final days, we cannot forget that those undecideds (and even DEMS thinking of switching) don't have the benefit of the wisdom of this group.

Last edited by Anker-Klanker on Thu Sep 30, 2004 10:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
homesteader
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remember when Jimmy Carter went to Poland and had a nonPole translate his speech or give him a Polish phrase to use or something like that. He ended up insulting the Poles big time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: