SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Where is our Free press by Barbara Streisand

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gator60
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 2:58 pm    Post subject: Where is our Free press by Barbara Streisand Reply with quote

This section contains statements and speeches by Ms. Streisand.

Where is our Free Press? ...Barbra Streisand
Posted on September 28, 2004
If you cross this administration you get your head handed to you. If you open your mouth and tell the truth like former White House Economic Advisor Lawrence Lindsay did when he told the Administration that the Iraqi war was going to cost between $100-$200 billion dollars, you get fired. If you disagree with the President, like Treasury Secretary Paul O'Neill did one too many times regarding the President's policy on tax cuts, you get canned. If you claim that the Administration is misrepresenting the facts and misleading the public, like Former Ambassador Joseph Wilson did, your wife's career gets ruined when she gets outed as a CIA operative in the national media. If you tell the administration that several thousand more servicemen and women are needed in Iraq, like General Shinseki did, you get publicly scolded as being incorrect. And, if you choose to air a story about George Bush's military service, or lack thereof, like CBS did last week, you and your award winning news anchor, get investigated by the FCC.

So it's no wonder that the press has taken a backseat to reporting the misdeeds of this administration. It's not surprising that the press failed to ask the hard questions leading up to the war in Iraq, when a more informed public still had time to speak up. Never mind that CBS's story included substantive and uncontested evidence that Bush didn't show up for duty when he was supposed to, that he skipped a required physical that grounded him from flying, and that he mysteriously received an honorable discharge. Yes...the documents CBS presented could not be confirmed for their authenticity, but these details of Bush's military record have been out for public consumption for years. Why is the media not discussing the facts behind the story instead of just focusing on CBS? For example, Killian's secretary said those memos accurately reflected the Colonel's feelings. Ben Barnes, former lieutenant governor of Texas, admitted that he pulled strings to get Bush into the National Air Guard. And Robert Mintz, retired National Guardsman who served in Bush's unit in 1972, doesn't remember seeing him there. And in contrast to Senator John Kerry, who said "send me" when given the option to go to Vietnam, according to the LA Times, when asked the same question, Bush checked the box stating "do not volunteer for overseas." The media's attention is diverted from the real story because we now live in a time where the fear of revenge by this administration sends a chill through the corporations that control our media and overwhelms the press' responsibility to investigate, educate and hold our leaders accountable.
Hondo
LCDR

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Consider the source.
BuffaloJack
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tell that hack has-been, Streisand, to leave the USA if she doesn't like it here. Free Speech is what gave her the right and opportunity to publish her criticisms. Free speech is just what it implies. The government cannot stop you from expressing your opinion. Your employer cannot stop you either, but your employer is free to fire your butt as his own expression of free speech. Free speech is not without consequences.
gator60
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 3:28 pm    Post subject: Dear Barbara Reply with quote

Only in America can a Traitor, who lied to the American people,there familes and the Honor of the military, run for president. Only in America can a groundless story about the presidents national guard service be spun for 5 years. Only in America can a deads mans wife and son can be called liers over the likes of Ben Barnes and a pool secretary. Only in America can the head of the Texas national guard be called a lier over the word of a no body like Robert Mintz Only in America can a fat drunk senator call our troups, in Iraq Baby killers Only in America can Kerry, the Dnc. And CBS try to sell forgies to try to breath new life into a lie. And only in America can Barbara Streisand feed her garabge to the American people. I think freedom of speech and the free press is just fine.
RogerRabbit
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be truthful, I cannot see why anyone would want to post anything from this America hater's website on here. She is truly scum (maybe rich scum but scum nevertheless). Yes I know we need bothsides, but not hers

Then in the Vets/AD section yet, Even Gedunk is too good for her
gator60
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 3:47 pm    Post subject: My wife Reply with quote

Sorry My wife made me put it in. She said it would make peoples blood boil. She also said if I didn't she would call CBS.
blue9t3
Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 4:55 pm    Post subject: barbara Reply with quote

If every time you opened your eyes, and all you saw was nose, it would make you crosseyed and say stupid things! Wink
cipher
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Tell that hack has-been, Streisand, to leave the USA if she doesn't like it here

She *PROMISED* she'd leave if Bush won. So did what's-his-name, the actor, Baldwin. They PROMISED!

And they LIED!

Maybe *this* time they'll just move to Iran or North Korea where they will be more than welcome.
Defense contractor for US Navy, SSPO, SP-20, SP-24, OP-12 84-92
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And take Martin F'n Sheen and Jessica F'n Lange with them! Very Happy

Change all their middle names to match Kerry's! Wink
Hondo
LCDR

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cipher wrote:

Quote:
Maybe *this* time they'll just move to Iran or North Korea where they will be more than welcome.

Actually, I had in mind an alternate - and IMO much more appropriate - destination for that whole bunch.

It ain't anywhere near SE or SW Asia. But I hear it's much warmer than either.
tugboatphil
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess she misses the days of Clinton. If you crossed him, you'd end up in Ft Marcy Park.

Don't Sweat the Mule Goin' Blind,
Just Keep Loadin' the Wagon.
BigAl533
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RogerRabbit wrote:
She is truly scum (maybe rich scum but scum nevertheless).

She's rich? Maybe she could give me enough money to do her. Hope her nose don,t get in the way Laughing

She is kind of a two-bagger. Like THK, who might also be able to pay me enough.

I'm free to say this because of the First Amednment! Is this a great country, or what?

Big Al
yosemitesam
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 5:03 pm    Post subject: Hey Babs... Reply with quote

Hey Babs....

Maybe you could help by calling the candidate and ask him to release his military records.

He might listen to you...

Thanks,

That will help us all clear things up.
GM Strong
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 1:00 am    Post subject: Its all BS (that is Barbra Streisand) Reply with quote

When our Honorable President begins doing recordings to compete with BS then we might consider listening to anything the Ditz has to say on Govermental anything. She has no background or expertise that makes anything she says relevent. Babs, you have a right to express your opinion, but no right for anyone to pay attention to you. I question the sense of anyone who thinks she makes any sense.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: