SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Did anybody catch this -- collusion???
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wynne
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 6:16 am    Post subject: Did anybody catch this -- collusion??? Reply with quote

(I thought I was going to sleep tonight -- hah!)

Here is something that made the antennae of both my husband and me go up big time tonight when we heard it. I am now reading through the debate transcript and it is more than ever apparent to me -- am I too suspicious? Or does anybody else wonder about this...

In his answer to the 1st question, 'Do you believe you could do a better job than President Bush in preventing another 9/11-type terrorist attack on the United States? " John Kerry ended his answer by saying, "All of these, and especially homeland security, which we'll talk about a little bit later."

HOW DID HE KNOW THEY WERE GOING TO TALK ABOUT THAT LATER?

Later....

The 5th question was posed to Kerry first and Lehrer said, "We'll come back to Iraq in a moment. But I want to come back to where I began, on homeland security. This is a two-minute new question, Senator Kerry."

After the debate, Lehrer and Kerry had a short conversation. I believe they shook hands. I did not see Lehrer speak to the President at all. But I may have missed it.

Am I nuts? Paranoid at 2 in the a.m.? The above exchange in the debate sure looks fishy to me. Anybody else think so?
Kimmymac
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, he could have just been saying that because he knew Homeland Security was on the agenda.

I felt that Kerry had an advance notice on the questions. Did you notice how he began to answer before Lehrer finished asking the question? Too ready.

Think of the scandal that would be! Make MemoGate look like a Girl Scout jamboree.
Becky
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 6:25 am    Post subject: Re: Did anybody catch this -- collusion??? Reply with quote

Wynne wrote:

In his answer to the 1st question, 'Do you believe you could do a better job than President Bush in preventing another 9/11-type terrorist attack on the United States? " John Kerry ended his answer by saying, "All of these, and especially homeland security, which we'll talk about a little bit later."

I caught the same thing and asked the same question.

Quote:
Later....

The 5th question was posed to Kerry first and Lehrer said,
"We'll come back to Iraq in a moment. But I want to come
back to where I began, on homeland security. This is a
two-minute new question, Senator Kerry."

After the debate, Lehrer and Kerry had a short conversation.
I believe they shook hands. I did not see Lehrer speak to the
President at all. But I may have missed it.

This I didn't catch...
Quote:

Am I nuts? Paranoid at 2 in the a.m.? The above exchange in
the debate sure looks fishy to me. Anybody else think so?

I wondered as well...you'd think the media (as in FOX)
would have picked up on it.
join him, for then it costs nothing to be a
patriot.”
- Mark Twain
jim_nyc
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 6:33 am    Post subject: Re: Did anybody catch this -- collusion??? Reply with quote

Wynne wrote:

Yes that did stand out to me at the time and I haven't thought of if till now.
Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 7:20 am    Post subject: Re: Did anybody catch this -- collusion??? Reply with quote

Wynne wrote:
(I thought I was going to sleep tonight -- hah!)

Here is something that made the antennae of both my husband and me go up big time tonight when we heard it. I am now reading through the debate transcript and it is more than ever apparent to me -- am I too suspicious? Or does anybody else wonder about this...

Later....

The 5th question was posed to Kerry first and Lehrer said, "We'll come back to Iraq in a moment. But I want to come back to where I began, on homeland security. This is a two-minute new question, Senator Kerry."

After the debate, Lehrer and Kerry had a short conversation. I believe they shook hands. I did not see Lehrer speak to the President at all. But I may have missed it.

Am I nuts? Paranoid at 2 in the a.m.? The above exchange in the debate sure looks fishy to me. Anybody else think so?

I wondered that also! but missed the later part.... I taped it... gonna rewind and rewatch.....
be arrested, exiled or hanged.
GenrXr

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It does not matter honor and truth prevailed and Bush kicked Kerrys ass tonigh,. That is all that matters.
Wynne
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to correct something I said in my initial post. I said I did not see Lehrer speak to President Bush at the end of the debate. There was a replay of this just now and he definitely did go over and speak to President Bush.
Wynne
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GenrXr wrote:
It does not matter honor and truth prevailed and Bush kicked Kerrys a** tonigh,. That is all that matters.

You're right about that. I think I'm not as good a listener as I am a reader. I was disappointed after seeing/hearing the debate. But reading the transcript of the debate I am getting a lot more out of it and in my opinion, Bush did win the debate.
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Collusion is the least of it, according to Newsmax. Watching the "debates," I have to agree, Lehrer stacked the deck in Kerry's favor;

Stacked Deck

Last edited by LewWaters on Fri Oct 01, 2004 7:39 am; edited 1 time in total
wpage
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thought I smelled that rat also, but thought I was being a little paranoid.
Glad to know others noticed all this.
www.thebattleofkontum.com
BuffaloJack

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you Kiddin'. Lehrer is a flaming liberal through and through. Of course he'd select questions to make John Boy look good. Did he supply Kerry with a pre-release of the questions. Probably not. He'd be especially careful to avoid getting lumped in with Dan Rather. Did someone on his staff slip a copy to someone on Kerry's staff. What do you think?
NYCnative
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was listening to 77.WABC AM, and I heard that the guy winked at Kerry after the debate.. I'm going to see if I can find it in print somewhere.. A wink may be just that, a cassual wink, but....................... some of the way things went down, did seem pointed in Kerry favor.

Of the 1971 testimony the quote he used was, How do you ask a man to die for a mistake.(I don't have the exact quote, sorry if I didn't get it right). Of all the things he said they pick that one. In many peoples mind it directly relates to Iraq today.. I'm wondering WHY didn't the President jump on the references Kerry made to his anti-war antics after returning from Vietnam? He could have made a great point about that. How can the troops trust you now? Pres Bush was trying to take tooooo much of the high road....

"Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof." -Inscription on the Liberty Bell
ATACKM
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NYCnative wrote:
Pres Bush was trying to take tooooo much of the high road....

Nope: President Bush needs to "Stay the Course" ! He made the points about Iraq and in my eyes covered Vietnam as well ! Simply put he told Kerry that you can't flip-flop and have your troops behind you. You can't be a war hero in a war that you called a mistake ! Nah, Bush needs to stay on the high road. I enjoyed Bush pointing out that in one breath Kerry wants to build alliances and then points out that he called the interim Iraqi president a puppet. "John Kerry, Makin' friends already" !
I must admit, I have a new respect for Kerry, He is one of the best Bull Sh#!ers I've ever seen. Make it up as you go along. "The one thing that Kerry is consistant with is that he's inconsistant" Best statement of the night! (IMHO)
http://www.buglesacrossamerica.org
deserturtle
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 12:42 pm    Post subject: Questions given ahead of time Reply with quote

I thought Kerry and Bush received the questions ahead of time and will in all debates. It is scripted and more like a news conference some pundit had said before the debate.
BuffaloJack

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lehrer made a point at the intro to the debate of stating that neither candidate knew what questions were to be asked.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: