SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kerry would go it alone with North Korea

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
YankeeStation
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 9:29 pm    Post subject: Kerry would go it alone with North Korea Reply with quote

This guy will say anything and contradict himself within the context of a 90 minute debate. First it is wrong (after-the-fact no less) to confront Iraq with less than a coalition of allies that would suit John Kerry. But Kerry says it is wrong to include China and Russia in talks with North Korea and he would go it alone. No one can trust anything he says or does because he would do anything that he thinks will "sell". I fear for our country when a loser like this can get as far as he has.
msindependent
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

His Korea comments were almost a hoot except it's so serious to our well being.
Kimmymac
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am starting to understand how the president must have felt last night: it is like, how many ways can you say OH MY GOD, KERRY! YOU ARE AN IDIOT !

I posted a long dissertation in another forum thread on this, and my family has threatened my life if I don't stop talking about what how ABSOLUTELY IDIOTIC Kerry's foreign policy is.

But, yeah: the Great Internationalist Buffon From Hell wants to exclude Russia and China from nuclear non-proliferation talks in their own backyard, making them ex-parte to a situation that impacts them more than it does us.

I think Kerry must have every single maniac, lunatic, despot in his corner by now, from Kim Jong Il to Ted Kennedy.
Hammer2
PO2

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry saying he would engage the North Koreans in bilateral talks demonstrates his complete ignorance of the North Koreans.

The only thing the North Koreans respect is toughness, backed up by action. The cannot be taken at face value or trusted in any manner.
Bilateral talks are the North Korean party line, it is amazing that Kerry continues to advocate the positions of our enemies!

Kerry would try the Clinton approach of offering bribes for good behaviour.
The North Koreans would think he was a blithering idiot, a fool to be taken advantage of! They would balk and bluster for years, extracting every concession they could from the US.
Any treaty or agreement they would sign would be a joke to them.
Kerry would come back, waving a worthless piece of paper, declaring "The End of North Korean Nukes"
Kerry would go on to dismantal the Missile defense system, saying it was a threat to world peace.
Later, America would once again find out it had been decieved and North Korea would have the nuclear arsenal to threaten the world.

The North Koreans have a 50 year history of being the most outrageous liars and hard nosed negotiators on the face of the planet.
Any Korean war Vet can tell you what bastards the North Koreans were during the Panmunjom Peace Talks. Anyone who served in Korea after the war can tell you about incidents the North Koreans created.

These are the people who murdered two American officers with axes!

The Operation Paul Bunyon Story

PANMUNJOM — It started with a tree.

It nearly ended in war.

On Aug. 18, 1976, a South Korean work party supervised by two U.S. Army officers was sent to prune a 100-foot poplar tree in the Joint Security Area along the Demilitarized Zone, which marks the border between North and South Korea.

As three of the workers chopped away at the branches, a small group of North Korean soldiers approached and demanded that the pruning be stopped. A few minutes later, 20 more North Korean soldiers appeared, armed with metal pipes and ax handles. Just four minutes after that, the two American officers — Capt. Arthur Bonifas and 1st Lt. Mark Barrett — were dead, beaten and hacked to death by the North Koreans.

The "Ax Murder Incident" led to one of the largest military build-ups on the peninsula by the United States since the end of the Korean War in 1953, and brought the peninsula to the brink of another war.

In the days that followed, the United States sent the aircraft carrier USS Midway to the waters off the Koreas, fighter jets and bombers were sent to South Korea from bases in Okinawa and the United States, and troops throughout the region were put on alert.

The United States retaliated on Aug. 21 with Operation Paul Bunyan, when U.S. Army engineers, flanked by a company of infantryman and protected by AH-1 Cobra helicopters, F-111 fighters and B-52 bombers in the air and nearby field artillery units on the ground, went back and cut down the tree.

The events led to new rules between the North and South along the DMZ, including the decision that the Bridge of No Return, which allowed passage between the northern and southern sides of the DMZ, would be closed.

Before that, there were North Korean checkpoints on the south side, and both sides regularly crossed back and forth.

The events of Aug. 18 to 21 were among a series of incidents along the DMZ in 1976.

My own experience

I remember one incident, around 1966, where they claimed a US patrol had been captured in North Korea after crossing the DMZ illegally. They presented "captured" US weapons as proof. Unfortunately, for them, the serial numbers proved the weapons were captured during the Korean war, and not in 1966.
azpatriot
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kimmymac wrote:
I am starting to understand how the president must have felt last night: it is like, how many ways can you say OH MY GOD, KERRY! YOU ARE AN IDIOT !

I posted a long dissertation in another forum thread on this, and my family has threatened my life if I don't stop talking about what how ABSOLUTELY IDIOTIC Kerry's foreign policy is.

But, yeah: the Great Internationalist Buffon From Hell wants to exclude Russia and China from nuclear non-proliferation talks in their own backyard, making them ex-parte to a situation that impacts them more than it does us.

I think Kerry must have every single maniac, lunatic, despot in his corner by now, from Kim Jong Il to Ted Kennedy.

Dang I thought those two where the same dude Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: