SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Debate Topic - COMMENTS HERE ONLY Please
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
joeshero
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anker-Klanker wrote:

It seems everyone is commenting on and discussing the style factors, and not the substance. Have we really gotten to the point in this society that words, thoughts, and issues do not matter; what matters is how they are delivered, how they appear on video, etc.? Is the "cinematography" really more important than the subject? (Unfortunately, I think the answers to my rhetorical questions is "Yes").

It just all goes to show you how shallow the so-called news media have become. Besides MSM bias, any wonder the SBVFT are having difficulty getting fact-filled truths introduced into the media, even the supposedly friendly ones?

Anker, we are living a reality-TV-show life. Really. I don't know what to say, but that's the kind of world we are living now. Unfortunately, to win this election, Bush's camp must consider this reality. I remember my dream a night before the debate.

Believe it or not. I was in a room with President Bush--only two of us--before he entered the debate hall. He asked me what to say. I said, "Mr. President, please remind American people about the 9/11 and why the US foreign policy must be adjusted to the new challenges. Remind them that the terrorists must be dealt with resolute and tough stand, or else they would not only bomb cafes, buildings, but if they could, they would blow up cities and countries." Then pointing to his head, he replied "I already have it here". Then I woke up.

The President did say that, but it is how he that's much more important for most people. That's why the President's camp really needs to ponder the 10 suggestions I laid out above.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Democratic Party site has their new video up - "Faces of Frustration"

http://www.democrats.org/

Some comments:

1. The President didn't look nearly as disgusted as I'm sure I did, as I listened to John Farce Kerry speaking.

2. Their version leaves out the sound - the Kerry frauds that the President was reacting to. This is going to backfire on them in a VERY BIG BOOM! Very Happy

3. I LOVE IT!!!! Honest reactions! And they mirror my own!
Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 12:10 am    Post subject: Re: <(©¿©)> Bush Kerry Debate Reply with quote

nathan roland wrote:
I'm not sure what y'all are so worried about? Bush did a great job last night and besides I did hear Ole John say...

KERRY: I believe in being strong and resolute and determined. And I will hunt down and kill the terrorists, wherever they are.

So if we all pitch in together we can send Kerry a one way ticket to "Wherever They Are" and get Ole John started on just that task.
Laughing

He can leave Nov 3 (if he wants to wait that long); Teresa did say at the convention ' that john would always be at the front of the line' - I think it was about sending troops to war.... Good ! put him in front of the line!
be arrested, exiled or hanged.
Stevie

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Navy_Navy_Navy wrote:
The Democratic Party site has their new video up - "Faces of Frustration"

http://www.democrats.org/

Some comments:

3. I LOVE IT!!!! Honest reactions! And they mirror my own!

me too! I agree (well, I don't know what your facial expressions were, but...) mine were the same or worse!!!! A REAL PERSON ! yeah!
minnie presley
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 12:44 am    Post subject: oreilly Reply with quote

is anyone watching that idiot richard holbrooke, trying to defend skerry, and saying that we have to be nice to other nations, I am so angry that john skerry, would put down my country australia, and the other allies.beleive me it took all my will power to listen to that idiot last night
Jungle_rat
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As much as I hate the idea of a carefully scripted debate, the liberal media...eg. Jim Lehrer...simply cannot be trusted to mediate a debate in an unbiased manner. The entire debate sounded like a critique of Iraq and there were zero questions about Kerry's own weak points on national security (his awful voting record).

Every time Dubya takes the high road, he gets slammed. It is DUBYA's fault, and his alone, that he did not press Kerry on his voting record, or meeting with and advocating the enemy position in 1971. These are all proven facts. Dubya is tough nation to nation, but he's a woos one-on-one.

I doubt the debate converted any Bush supporters to Kerry, or visa versa. The bottom line is Kerry won on style and syntax, but Dubya won on substance. Dubya needs to take his gloves all and call Kerry out on his record. but he's just missed the perfect opportunity.
JCJR
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 1:22 am    Post subject: Re: oreilly Reply with quote

minnie presley wrote:
is anyone watching that idiot richard holbrooke, trying to defend skerry, and saying that we have to be nice to other nations, I am so angry that john skerry, would put down my country australia, and the other allies.beleive me it took all my will power to listen to that idiot last night

Even scarier than a Kerry presidency, a vote for Kerry is probably also a vote for Holbrooke as Secretary of State, Richard Clarke as Secretary of Defense, Tad Devine as Press Secretary, etc.

I voted Libertarian in Y2K, because both Bush and Gore seemed about equally bad candidates (and it was virtually certain that Gore would be defeated here in TN anyway).

It wasn't until after the election, and the Gore recount melodrama, that I noticed the creeps in Gore's upper level campaign staff. It was scary to think the obnoxious third-generation Daley weenie might become Chief of Staff or worse.

The presidential appointees do more grunt work than the president. Kerry will bring a zoo full of incompetents along for the ride.
sdonions
PO3

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing everyone needs to remember is that President Bush plays a mean game of poker. I think what happened last night is called a suck in when playing for high stakes. sKerry gave the Bush campaign enough rope to hang not only sKerry but also the ultra left talking heads that have high-jacked the Democratic party.
Tom Poole
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jungle_rat wrote:
...As much as I hate the idea of a carefully scripted debate, the liberal media...eg. Jim Lehrer...simply cannot be trusted to mediate a debate in an unbiased manner...

I too hate scripting and agree they cannot be trusted. In the real world, scripting is how government is conducted, countries are managed and war is waged. In the real world, carefully planned and executed, critical errors are avoided. The Presidency simply is not a "one-brain" entity that shoots from the hip. It's a very large, diverse combination of brains and equipment, all focused on security and other American values. Consider the following fact missed by the President, critical to the debate, necessary for the viewer to make an informed decision, and now lost because someone likes the debate game.
Larry Kudlow wrote:
...Regrettably, President George W. Bush did not seize the moment to remind 55 million television viewers that on January 12, 1991, Sen. Kerry actually voted against S.J.RES.2, the congressional authorization that empowered President Bush 41 to liberate Kuwait after Saddam Hussein’s cruel invasion. This little bit of history sheds much light on Kerry’s past and casts a dark shadow over any of his new promises to successfully execute today’s war in Iraq....
http://www.nationalreview.com/kudlow/kudlow200410011607.asp

MrJapan
PO1

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL!!!

Quote:
JK reminds me of a vaccum cleaner salesman. He arrives with his own dirt for effect. As he presents his sales pitch, and tries to smooth you over with slick talk, you for the moment are entranced. Somewhat mesmerized, then you look down and realize you have a wooden floor.

They vacuum their wooden floors in Japan Laughing
As a matter of fact... it's hard to find a 'mop' to mop your floor with Razz
Desert Shield/Desert Storm
Texas Army NG 13E FDC
BTRY B 3-133 Arty
nathan roland
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrJapan wrote:
LOL!!!

Quote:
JK reminds me of a vaccum cleaner salesman. He arrives with his own dirt for effect. As he presents his sales pitch, and tries to smooth you over with slick talk, you for the moment are entranced. Somewhat mesmerized, then you look down and realize you have a wooden floor.

They vacuum their wooden floors in Japan Laughing
As a matter of fact... it's hard to find a 'mop' to mop your floor with Razz

Kerry reminds me of a Hoover vaccum cleaner. A Hoover really sucks and comes with a big dirt bag.
gia_lin_fo
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anker-Klanker wrote:
It seems everyone is commenting on and discussing the style factors, and not the substance. Have we really gotten to the point in this society that words, thoughts, and issues do not matter; what matters is how they are delivered, how they appear on video, etc.? Is the "cinematography" really more important than the subject? (Unfortunately, I think the answers to my rhetorical questions is "Yes").

Alan Colmns, this evening, was hammering away at a RNC person who was arguing substance, to admit that Bush lost on style. It is time that, even, Colmns should acknowledge that they have a very poor candidate if all he brings to the table is style, albeit manicured and well tanned. Kerry will take the nation to hell in a hand basket, but, he'll do it with style.
Stevie

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

msindependent wrote:
MSeeger said:
"So, with all due respect for all the people here who feel that President Bush should have gone for the jugulur, for me and my family, at least, he did the right thing by just staying steady and consistent, and not going for the cheap shot. "

MSeeger said:
"Personally, I think that Mr. Kerry did not do himself any favors, and I did not think he looked presidential. One thing I did notice was that Kerry's hands were shaking. My son-in-law came in towards the end of the debate and made a comment about it. And I watched Kerry's face when they did the split screens. Kerry looked haughty and patronising in my view, and there were some times when he seemed to be actually agreeing with what the President was saying. Bush did look tired, but like Rush just pointed out, he also looked like he was fed up with Kerry's lies. "

I agree. Kerry shuffled side to side while Bush stood steady. Kerry shoulders were droopy while Bush stood up straight. Kerry left eyelid was going south while Bush looked the camera in the eye.

I didn't notice the shaking hands... have some pieces of it on tape and will rerun and look.... I did notice the left side of his face did not look good, but I'm not sure it couldn't be the lighting.... I also noticed his head bobbing... he does that a lot ... even on a stump speech ( I think he is a bobble head) - and I noticed his 'foot stepping'..... AND they talk about Bush????? Kerry made some faces too.... I thought about Bush just being ticked off about all the lies also... how could any one person keep up with all those lies and fabrications...???????????? Bush was probably in shock !
W.P. Wily
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 5:07 am    Post subject: Re: <(©¿©)> Bush Kerry Debate Reply with quote

nathan roland wrote:
KERRY: I believe in being strong and resolute and determined. And I will hunt down and kill the terrorists, wherever they are.

So if we all pitch in together we can send Kerry a one way ticket to "Wherever They Are" and get Ole John started on just that task.
Laughing

Well heck yeah, even I know there's a whole bunch of them terrorists over in I-raq! So all Mr. Kerry has to do is Report for Duty and I'm sure we can get him on a flight over there soonest.
Stevie

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cipher wrote:
Quote:
I am bluntly telling you that discussing the topics endlessly on this or any discussion forum will not keep John Kerry out of the White House. The Swift Boat Veterans For Truth ads and the book caused the damage, not your pithy postings. The only way to prevent John Kerry from winning is by voting on November Second. My point is to spend more time getting out the votes than posting messages to the choir members.

I beg to differ. At any given point in time, there are TWO "lurkers" for every ONE member on this site. Of that number, a certain number are undecided, or looking for facts to use to support the position that Kerry is unfit for the presidency.

A certain amount of "pithy posting" is required in order to get to the bottom of some allegations and outright lies promulgated and perpetuated by the Kerry campaign.

Not that I'm discouraging you from going out and chasing down people and getting them to change their votes, but please, don't put down those of us who spend hours and hours in research and development getting the facts to float to the surface. You do us a disservice.

I've gotta agree with cipher.... I came to this site and didn't sign on for a week or so.... I didn't know how! Never been on one of these sites before.... I'm disabled and don't get out much (I talk to my dogs a lot) and I'm sure there are others like that (for some reason or another) .... and reading thru these pages last night (I only read about 16) there were at least 4 new people posting!!! We need to keep up with the news and post so those who may not get that same news (like one who doesn't get cable stations... or is in Japan) can keep up with it here. It's like a spreading monster............... more people, more ideas, more donations and more ads for tv to reach all those other people - we don't need the ads to change our votes - I don't! and sometimes it's just good to get some of the 'venting' out and somethimes to be silly and laugh til we cry!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45  Next
Page 41 of 45

Jump to: