SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The 25-cent analysis of Kerry's character

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anker-Klanker
Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 8:54 pm    Post subject: The 25-cent analysis of Kerry's character Reply with quote

This post is as much for the lurker or visitor as the members. I'm certainly not a psychiatrist, but this is my 2-bits analysis of the Kerry character - yes, the same one who wants to be CIC.

1. Cannot tell the plain truth. On various pages and almost every thread of this forum are documented examples of how Kerry has always had a problem with the truth - embellishments, exagerations, out of context assertions, etc., and, yes, outright LIES.

2. All appearance, no substance. I've asked the question several times, sought the answer myself: has John Kerry ever done anything that involves accountability and responsibility? If he has, I can't identify it. (I think most of the readers of this forum will agree that the 1st debate showed ample evidence of this characteristic.)

So closely akin to this characteristic (or 3) below) that I've not put it in a separate category is: Promiser, not a doer. Kerry does make lots of promises, but ones that most objective analysts would conclude he has little or no possibility of keeping. "Promises," by definition, are predictions of a future event, so an active promise cannot, by definition, be proven to be true or false today - which does seem to suit inclusion in the "All appearance, no substance" characteristic.

3. Criticizer, not a doer. This is related to 2) above. He doesn't do anything for which he can be criticized, but has made a career of criticizing his opponents (who, unlike him, do try to do something). And again, the first debate gives you ample evidence of this characteristic.

4. Incapable of making decisions, and avoids accountability and responsibility. This is closely related to 2) and 3) above.

Quote:
DIANE SAWYER: Was the war in Iraq worth it?

JOHN KERRY: We should not have gone to war knowing the information that we know today.

DS: So it was not worth it.

JK: We should not — it depends on the outcome ultimately

I'm not entirely sure what Kerry meant in the above exchange (does he?) but I think we might conclude that in Kerry's value system he must know the outcome of an event or what we will know 18 months later before he can make an important decision??

This really speaks to me of a man who has never had to make decisions, but who has spent a lifetime criticizing those who do.

Any of you been a part of the corporate culture lately where executive decisions are made by committee? Committees are not all bad; they can be downright useful. And committees are very useful in gathering input prior to the head person making executive decisions. But some tough decisions have to be made by someone who is willing to accept accountability and responsibility (and gets paid the big $$ to make them). Prior to my retirement, I saw too many of the "new managers" in today's corporate world who hid behind committees to make decisions (without passing on the big $$, I might add), so that they could point the finger of blame at someone else when things went wrong. It seems to me that Kerry's much-vaunted "Internationalism" and "Global test" smacks of the same motivation.

FLIP-FLOP, FLIP-FLOP - Does this not also suggest the character of a man who shuns accountability and responsibility, and cannot make decisions?

So...
1. Cannot tell the plain truth.
2. All appearance, no substance.
2a. Promiser, not a doer
3. Criticizer, not a doer.
4. Incapable of making decisions, and avoids accountability and responsibility.

Can this nation possibly elect this kind of person as the President, and leader of the world? For that matter, does anyone see any shred of leadership qualities in the above-described person? Does it adequately describe Senator John Kerry in his essence?

Swiftees, throw your darts at my 2-bit analysis; let's get this down right and simple. Then let's try to get this message out before it's too late. (Or else just tell me to shut up - I can take it.)

[Note: edited by author to include one of the comments received]

Last edited by Anker-Klanker on Fri Oct 01, 2004 10:06 pm; edited 3 times in total
kmudd
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also he is a promiser and not a doer. He rarely shows up for committe meetings in the senate.He misses all kinds of important votes.And even some Democrats complined when Kerry was wind sailing when he should be at least out campaigning .He talks big but doesn't live up to what he promises.
Steve Z
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 9:16 pm    Post subject: Kerry/Sawyer interview Reply with quote

One of the "outcomes" of the Iraq war is that Saddam Hussein is in prison, and his brutal butcher sons are dead. If Kerry was elected President and didn't like the "outcome" of the war, would he let Saddam out of prison and put him back in power?

I'm sure the majority Shi'ites in Iraq, who will elect a new government in January, would consider Saddam a good riddance! And what if Allawi was elected prime minister or president of a democratic Iraq? Would he find an "ally" in Kerry?

Kerry's philosophy: Either I win or I take my ball and go home and pout!
jimlarsen
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A good analysis, Anker-Klanker.

That thought about Kerry puting Sadam back in power is an all too real prospect. After all Sadam is still the only elected president in Iraq (he was, of course the only one running).
CandiM
LCDR

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
"The 25-cent analysis of Kerry's character"

You overpaid for the character, but undercharged for the analysis--

Well done!--C
m_drummond
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure his report card always noted - Not likable, Does not get along well with others.
________
AMATEUR VIDS

Last edited by m_drummond on Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Tacan70UDN
PO2

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 11:18 pm    Post subject: Re: The 25-cent analysis of Kerry's character Reply with quote

Anker-Klanker wrote:

Any of you been a part of the corporate culture lately where executive decisions are made by committee? Committees are not all bad; they can be downright useful. And committees are very useful in gathering input prior to the head person making executive decisions. But some tough decisions have to be made by someone who is willing to accept accountability and responsibility (and gets paid the big $$ to make them). Prior to my retirement, I saw too many of the "new managers" in today's corporate world who hid behind committees to make decisions (without passing on the big $$, I might add), so that they could point the finger of blame at someone else when things went wrong. It seems to me that Kerry's much-vaunted "Internationalism" and "Global test" smacks of the same motivation.

In my experience, frequently a committee was simply a tool to get something unpleasant off the desk of an executive. Appoint a committee to study the problem and come up with suggestions. If the committee ever reported back, the study or recommendations were simply shelved and forgotten about. Thus the old saying "If you don't want anything to happen, form a committee". I guess Kerry wants to use this approach in solving serious world problems - refer it to a summit, or refer it to the UN. Sorry, that doesn't work!
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

m_drummond wrote:
I'm sure his report card always noted - Not likable, Does not get along well with others.

I don't know about his report cards, but his Navy performance reports sure had some strong indicators in this vein.

Wink
subsailor
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 11:59 pm    Post subject: A criticizer, not a doer. Reply with quote

Anker Klanker wrote so well about what was rattling around in my head. Lurch has only an imaginary connection to truth and reality. The criticizer part of “criticizer, not a doer” was offensively obvious in the debate. (His lying criticism seemed to offend the one “doer” on the stage, as well as most of us) Lurch seems to be a very bad (destructive) person who can pretend to be good, and who fools many people. I think the "pass" he has enjoyed in his "non-doer" hideout in Mass. (under the protection of the other liberal) is about to get withdrawn by US society. He should have stayed in his hideout. His destiny is not turning out to be what he had imagined.
shadowy
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Re: committees, I can't remember who said or wrote it, but "The assumption of responsibility is the essence of masculinity." I think I heard it on Focus on the Family. Posted it on my refrigerator. Maybe Ter-ayza should do the same.
BuffaloJack
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the analysis is woth 25 cents then the analysis is worth more than Kerry.
WebTalk
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A-K,
I agree with your two bit analysis and think you're short changing yourself.

I'll dispute you on this however;
"...Kerry's value system he must know the outcome of an event or what we will know 18 months later before he can make an important decision?? "
I don't believe Kerry has ANY value system, nor has he EVER made an important decision ( one where he would be held acountable).

I agree we should work on melting your analysis down to "sound bite" size. The Flip Flopper mantra is so old that the Dems have started trying to use it against Bush.

[rant]
The issue is LEADERSHIP and the only leadership Kerry has ever demonstrated has been destructive as with VVAW.

John Kerry doesn't know the meaning of the word LEADERSHIP!

What kind of leader trumps up 3 PH to run out on his men?
What kind of leader votes to put troops in harms way and not fund them?
What kind of leader villifies our allies and berates the brave men risking their lives to bring freedom to their people?
What kind of leader serves 20 years in the Senate and has nothing to show for it?

Mr. Kerry, we know what it takes to be a leader and you don't have it.
[/rant]
Bob Chamberlain
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 12:40 pm    Post subject: Analysis Reply with quote

The really scary part about this analysis is that it is so absolutely dead-on - and a significant portion of the American electorate simply cannot (will not I guess is more accurate) see it. I can understand why so many Americans don't really believe all we have been saying about Kerry from 30 plus years ago. The MSM is burying the story as best they can - calling it lies and slander; all charges disproven; not really relevant. But the "real" Kerry, as detailed in this analysis, is out there for everyone to see every day. Kerry would be one of the worst Presidens this country has ever seen - if not THE worst. I'll admit that President Bush may not be the best President we have ever had, but damn, the differences in character, ability and demonstrated performance between thse two men is so starkly in favor of George Bush that I simply cannot understand how this election can even be close. I just don't see how American voters can possibly be so blind to reality. This is really not an election of issues, it is an election of men. If Kerry had some really strong issue, like abortion maybe, I could see how some voters might find this one issue so important that they might be willing to overlook everything else about the man. I could understand that - not agree with it, but understand it. But Kerry doesn't have any issues. You could sum up his campaign as "I am the Democratic candidate and I will do everything better than George Bush, who has totally screwed up." I just don't see how supposedly intelligent people can possibly buy into this line. It makes me want to shout, "Hey!! You!! Get out of the gene pool!!"

Useful anti-Kerry campaign material at:
http://www.betrayed-vietnam-vet.info

Last edited by Bob Chamberlain on Sat Oct 02, 2004 12:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
agingrocker
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the best ways to determine the character of a leader is to listen to the way in which they state their positions. Individuals who use the pronoun ( I ) more than (we) tend to be self centered and motivated by self promotion. Leaders who use (we) more than they use ( I ) tend to be team builders motivated by the goals of the team.

If my quick count and addition skills are accurate:

In the first debate George Bush used ( I ) 168 times and ( we ) 184 times
In the first debate John Kerry used ( I ) 277 times and ( we ) 134 times
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: