SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

cure for terrorism
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rich
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a little background. We dont have Bio weapons anymore. We stopped the program,back in '69 I believe and we destroyed what stocks we had in the 70's. Bio weapons are simply to inhumane and really quite un-necessary to a nuclear power like the US.

Same,same with Chem weapons. We agreed to a UN convention to destroy our chemical weapons inventory and are ahead of schedule to get rid of them all. By 2007 we'll have destroyed our entire chemical weapon inventory and stocks. Again.............whats the point of maintaining a chemical arsenal when you have such a huge nuclear deterrant? Especially when America would consider ANY attack by ANY WMD as gorunds for nuclear retaliation. Believe me, these tyrant states have never forgotton that were the only one to have ever used nukes in anger.....................Rich
JN173
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rich wrote:
Same,same with Chem weapons. We agreed to a UN convention to destroy our chemical weapons inventory and are ahead of schedule to get rid of them all. By 2007 we'll have destroyed our entire chemical weapon inventory and stocks. .....................Rich

Minor point, but I was under the impression that we still had CS (tear gas) which some consider a "chemical weapon". In fact I believe we have agreed not to use against combatants except to seperate them from civilians. i.e. "in stituations in which civilians are used to mask or or screen attacks". (FM27-2 Chptr 2 paragraph 38 c.) Wink
Rich
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[/quote]

Minor point, but I was under the impression that we still had CS (tear gas) which some consider a "chemical weapon". In fact I believe we have agreed not to use against combatants except to seperate them from civilians. i.e. "in stituations in which civilians are used to mask or or screen attacks". (FM27-2 Chptr 2 paragraph 38 c.) Wink[/quote]

Probably technicaly right Smile It should also be probably noted that many countries, most of all in the MidEast, have chem/bio capabilties. I think the biggest program is in Egypt, which has used them before, against Yemeni tribesmen during a 60's bush war. They doused them with mustard. In fact since WWl the only countries to have used these terrible weapons have been muslim ones. Both Iraq and Iran used them against each other in their war, and the Egyptian usage I already mentioned, and Sudan used them against rebels during a civil war in the 90,s. In fact its widely believed the chem stocks used by them were tranfered from Iraq to avoid their destruction by UN inspectors. Iran too has been implicated in this arming of Sudan. Imagine the charming janjaweed being in possesion of chem weapons?

Now theres a pile of savages if there ever was one......................the "janjaweed"..............Rich
BigAl533
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rich wrote:
Now theres a pile of savages if there ever was one......................the "janjaweed"..............Rich

Could RoundUp be considered a chemical weapon? Idea

Big Al
Cali-HeyGirl
Seaman

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iwo wrote:
The idea has merit. But we could save a lot of jet fuel by using one C-130. Next time Al-Sadr hides with his cowards in a Mosque, drop a daisy cutter on it.

The result would finally be that America would not only be hated, but would also be feared. It is likely that Mosques wouldn't be used as cover any more.

The only downside I can see is that Katie Couric and Judy Woodruff would become apoplectic. Hmmm, maybe that isn't a negative.

Hey, count me in on this idea... Smile

OOH-YAH!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: