SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Check-in

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jerald L. Parsoneault
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 5:29 pm    Post subject: Check-in Reply with quote

My name is:

Jerry Parsoneault
USN Veteran
Did one Westpac tour on a destroyer mostly providing gun fire support to the actual heroes who were ashore doing the fighting.
Later served in-country for a year with Naval Advisory Group then COMNAVFORV staff, again supporting the guys doing the real fighting.

One thing I know for sure is that the naval officers I met in Vietnam served with honor. I did not meet Kerry, but I know from his exploits he did not live up to what is expected of a naval officer in charge of other men. For example, it is inconceivable to me that an OIC would take his crew ashore in what could be hostile area to take home-movies of himself striding heroically through a village with an M-16 at the ready. To me this says as much about his character flaws as the phoney medal write-ups and dodging the balance of his in-country tour.

Nalt
lthrneck
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome aboard Navy, (Marines are back on guard duty). Laughing Laughing

Semper fi
uuurah
Carry On!!
BigAl533
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome aboard, Nalt!

Kerry's supporters would say you can't bash Kerry like that because you didn't serve on the SAME BOAT with him.

You're gonna fit right in here.

Big Al
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome aboard, Nalt. Glad to have more signing up.

The Army is represented here as well, all branches are. We are untied in our opposition to Kerry. Wink
Jerald L. Parsoneault
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 6:13 pm    Post subject: Kerry Says He Will Do a Better in Iraq Reply with quote

First, thanks to all for the welcome.

Secondly, during the debate Kerry said he would do a better job than President Bush in Iraq, as if 3 1/2 months on a Swift boat qualifies him to guide the multinational operations against the insurgency in Iraq. He boasted about certain flag officers that support him and presumably his plan.

I'll take General Tommy Franks opinion any day of the week. It was good to hear the support he gave to the President right after the debate. He strongly rebutted Kerry's pessimistic assertion that we can't fight in Iraq and go after Osama Bin Laden at the same time. He bebunked Kerry's statements that President Bush diverted needed troops and funds from Afghanistan to Iraq. And, General Franks solidly supported President Bush's best argument of the night that Kerry is sending the wrong message to our troops, our allies, and the Iraqi people.

We need to hear more from the good General and we should figure out a way to get this done.

Nalt
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome aboard, Nalt!

I'm with you on Tommy Franks - I got his book, but I haven't had a chance to read it yet - barely started it.

He's a straight shooter - I LIKE that in a leader!

It appears that when he left Iraq, that's when some of the decisions seemed to start coming from DC - a dangerous proposition, as we learned from LBJ's obsession with calling every bombing run from the Oval Office.

I don't know to what extent politicians are now running the war, but it sure seems like we have a ****-load of gung-ho Marines and Soldiers over there surrounding the hot spots who are ready to MOVE, and someone's got them held back.

Looks like they're finally being allowed to go on Samarrah, so let's hope that Ramahdi and Fallujah are next.
BigAl533
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 5:06 am    Post subject: Re: Kerry Says He Will Do a Better in Iraq Reply with quote

Jerald L. Parsoneault wrote:

We need to hear more from the good General and we should figure out a way to get this done.

Nalt

Great idea, Nalt! Can the Swift Vets and POWs for truth contact him? I happen to believe that we are not just a bunch of right-wing loonies out here. We have our country's best interest at heart, right? Let's sign him up. Maybe he isn't a Marine, but I'd follow his orders any day of the week!

Big Al
Jerald L. Parsoneault
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is my fanatsy. Since General Franks is an announced independent, get him into the upcoming "Townhall Debate" and have him confront Kerry about undermining our troops, our allies, and the Iraqi people.

Nalt
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: