SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sandusky spent 4 mos on Kerry's boat?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research
View previous topic :: View next topic  
muggedliberal
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 12:09 am    Post subject: Sandusky spent 4 mos on Kerry's boat? Reply with quote

Just caught a part of an interview with Sandusky in Milwaulkee. He was a part of some sort of demonstration (The Truth Squad?)...

Anyway, he said a couple of interesting things about the Swiftees (other than the usual they are just lying scum kinda stuff Rolling Eyes )

He said that he had served with Kerry for four months.. and that only THREE of the Swiftees had actually ON THE BOAT WITH KERRY.

Have I missed something? This stuff isn't correct, is it???

~mugged~
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The enlisted person who served longest on Kerry's boat was Stephen Gardner, a SBVFT founder - he was with him for two and a half months.

There was one other person who was with him for nearly two months, and that may have been Sandusky. The rest, much less time.

The two men who spoke at the DNC convention were on his boat for six days and two days, according to John O'Neill at the press conference just repeated today on c-span.
muggedliberal
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks NNN.. Smile
baldeagl
PO3

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's also wrong about the Swiftvets who served on Kerry's boat. Only one did - Steve Gardner. The rest of the Swiftvets served beside Kerry, slept beside him, ate beside him, patrolled beside him, lived with him every day. They are just as qualified as any of Kerry's crewmates to speak about their experiences with him in Vietnam.
drjohn
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 2:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Sandusky spent 4 mos on Kerry's boat? Reply with quote

muggedliberal wrote:
Just caught a part of an interview with Sandusky in Milwaulkee. He was a part of some sort of demonstration (The Truth Squad?)...

Anyway, he said a couple of interesting things about the Swiftees (other than the usual they are just lying scum kinda stuff Rolling Eyes )

He said that he had served with Kerry for four months.. and that only THREE of the Swiftees had actually ON THE BOAT WITH KERRY.

Have I missed something? This stuff isn't correct, is it???

~mugged~

Any way to get a link to the transcript or video of this?

Thanks
The bandit
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Navy_Navy_Navy wrote:
The two men who spoke at the DNC convention were on his boat for six days...

Note that is uncomfirmed. Even Alston couldn't say when exactly he returned when asked point blank, instead hidding behind the tired 30 year memory smoke screen. Amazing what he does remember! I am going to be helping his memory very shortly... Wink
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GW Bush should say that anyone who didn't fly in an F-102 with him can't critcize him. Very Happy
llano
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently, Sandusky is still saying the same thing, implying that he was with Kerry for a long time. He said it recently in Van Odell/Sandusky radio audio file. He makes it sound like he was Kerry for everyone of his medals. He needs to be Hannatized or something.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't catch that part - I'll have to listen to that interview, again.

I don't believe that it is possible that Sandusky was there for all of Kerry's medals - particularly his first PH. Then-LT William Schacte was training Kerry on that mission, along with two enlisted men, Zaladonis and Runyon. If Sandusky is claiming that he was also aboard for that one, then that little whaler just tipped over.

Del Sandusky has a very real reason to be grateful to Kerry and to stay loyal to him. Kerry has helped him through some very hard times in his life after Vietnam.

Anything Sandusky says needs to be filtered through this realization of the fact that he feels that he owes a lot to John Kerry. It's only natural for him to defend Kerry.
Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The bandit wrote:
Navy_Navy_Navy wrote:

I am going to be helping his memory very shortly... Wink

oh! you go bandit !!!!!!!! Shake up those brain cells !!!!!!

and to grandforker - great response for Bush ! From what I've been reading, those F-102 's were dangerous!
be arrested, exiled or hanged.
sevry
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The bandit wrote:
Navy_Navy_Navy wrote:

Note that is uncomfirmed. Even Alston couldn't say when exactly he returned when asked point blank, instead hidding behind the tired 30 year memory smoke screen. Amazing what he does remember! I am going to be helping his memory very shortly... Wink

That appears to have been a wound that fractured his skull. I can't imagine they'd return him to active duty. I would think once he was sufficiently fit to travel, they'd have transported back to a stateside hospital.
rmeals
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe a good retort to the "they were not on the same boat" mantra is "Do you mean during the day or during the evenings?" After all, the officers were certainly together on the same ship for a good portion of their time during their tours - and they definitely didn't spend that time socializing with the enlisted men.
Warthog
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The bandit wrote:
Navy_Navy_Navy wrote:

He doesn't need to rely on his memory. My service record contains not only a history of assignments, but copies of every travel order I ever received while in the service, and a notation as to the specific date of every change of status or change of command. In 1968, while stationed at USNH Quantico, I had a serious auto accident that hospitalized me for about two weeks. My service record shows that I was transferred from regular duty at the same command and received there for duty under treatment on August 9, 1968. Later in August, it shows my transfer back to the same command as being a return to full duty.

Alston could certainly confirm the relevant dates if he had an incentive to do so.

Warthog
HM/2, USN
K&L 3/5, 1st Mardiv, 1969
hanna
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find kerry's statement that he was in touch with Sandusky for a while after Vietnam and then continued to stay in touch with his doctors after that. I find that so strange. Why just the doctors and not Sandusky. What was going on with him?

I feel like Kerry is using these guys big time, with no regard for how it could rip their lives apart when they are caught lying;/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: