SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Brokaw as bad as rather

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
force2bseen
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 8:07 am    Post subject: Brokaw as bad as rather Reply with quote

I am not a real main stream media buff, my wife wanted to watch Brokaw as she has accepted that Dan Rather is for sure phoney.
A friend, before the debate told me yesterday to watch Brokaw after the debate and he should have his team uf "undecided" Ohio voters on.
My friend could have written the script!!! These six "undecided" were asked loaded questions about the debate by TOM and all six did not even mention Bush. All were positive about all the key elements of the debate pro Kerrey. All stated the were leaning to Kerry but are still "undecided" Thus will be back on show. Tonight in his quick check of the debate reaction across America at least one was quoted again.
My friend says they have been doing this "undecided" freakshow all summer and he has not heard one positive comment for Bush but they remain "undecided".
Brokaw to me shows no more journalistic integrity to me than DAN.
My wife has one more choice , Jennings and I am sure with a little help
and below the lines viewing will blow him out also.
Thanks
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you're pretty much going to find the same thing with all the alphabet networks.

Fox is the closest thing to moderate that we have in television news, so I watch them almost exclusively lately. Their ratings are way up - the alphabet networks' are way down.

Lots of people just plain tired of the lefty spin and the negativity about all things American, all things military and all things Bush that you get from the alphabet soup.

They MIGHT catch on in time to save themselves - they ARE a business in a capitalist system, after all. But, I sure won't hold my breath waiting for them to wise up.

Welcome aboard. Smile
Truegrit
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 8:45 am    Post subject: Brokaw is biased for sure Reply with quote

Tom Brokaw and NBC are clearly biased. For example, in last night's news program, they included a short segment on House Majority Whip DeLay's run in on ethics over an effort to armtwist a colleague for a vote -- political horsetrading. This was definite NOT a story worthy of evening news with all that is going on in the world. Brokaw included it to reinforce the anti-Bush momentum that the MSM is trying to build behind Kerry. Newsweek magazine is a major offender as well.

What's sad about Brokaw is that he wrote this book "The Greatest Generation" about the World War II generation. But if we had a media culture back in the 40's like we have today in America, we could never have succeeded in beating Hitler. The media would have wanted us to cut and run after the Kaserine pass disaster in North Africa, or the high cost of Guadalcanal. The media, on the scene in Manila, in '45 would have forced the U.S. to call off the fight because of the heavily toll of civilian casualties ("friendlies") taken by U.S. artillery fire, as we tried to root out the remaining Japanese defenders.

It is pathetic what has happened to America's media and political elites. Pathetic. And if Kerry wins, we will all pay for it.
fr11
Seaman

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 9:14 am    Post subject: Re: Brokaw as bad as rather Reply with quote

force2bseen wrote:
My wife has one more choice , Jennings and I am sure with a little help and below the lines viewing will blow him out also.

NO, NO, NO!!! Don't waste your time on Jennings. I think he's worse than Dan Rather and Tom Brokaw combined! Just watch FOX and you'll be fine.
MSeeger
Seaman

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
What's sad about Brokaw is that he wrote this book "The Greatest Generation" about the World War II generation. But if we had a media culture back in the 40's like we have today in America, we could never have succeeded in beating Hitler. The media would have wanted us to cut and run after the Kaserine pass disaster in North Africa, or the high cost of Guadalcanal. The media, on the scene in Manila, in '45 would have forced the U.S. to call off the fight because of the heavily toll of civilian casualties ("friendlies") taken by U.S. artillery fire, as we tried to root out the remaining Japanese defenders.

I think what we have to keep in mind is that the WWII generation of journalists had a different mindset when reporting the news than the current one does. They were more attuned to traditional American values than our modern day journalists, and because they tended to support them, they seemed to make more sense.

What we are now listening to and watching is the current generation of baby boomers who came of age in the 60's and 70's when the mantra was "Don't trust anybody over 30". Now it's "Don't trust anybody who thinks like a conservative." With a few exceptions, these people haven't changed their stripes.

But if my daughters are anything to go by (32 year old Repbulican conservative/24 year old liberal leaning), I think we will soon begin to see a backlash. Even my youngest is suspicious of John Kerry, and didn't believe everything that Michael Moore said in his movies. So, at least, she still has some degree of common sense. And as I see this younger group of internet bloggers and read their comments to articles on the various blogs...I have hope that there is a backlash coming FROM THE YOUNGER GENERATION...that these aging liberals are not prepared for.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: