SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Now on Drudge - Kerry Cheated??? (debates)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 30, 31, 32  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kimberly
PO2

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BB Stacker wrote:
I agree that Kerry was noticably nervous at the begining of the debate. But let's be caucious with speculation about what Bush may have seen which may have caused him to be angry.

It is best if we stick as much as possible to facts. Kerry did take some unautherized item out of his pocket and place it on the podium. What was it? A cheat sheet seems most likely. If it was a hanky, which I doubt, he never used it. But he did a great deal of manipulation of something. If you notice he appeared to be marking stuff off after he made speaking points.

I was looking at the pens both men were using. They appeared to be identical. This indicates the writing instrument and paper were at the podium when they arrived. Again, what did Kerry bring? Careful scrutiny, acurate scrutiny, are essential here.

As odd as it may seem the future direction of the the world may turn on this event. Bush has been hurt and Kerry has gained momentum.

Speaking of facts, I was asked by someone if it is possible that Kerry had in his possession a family photo or his closing points on paper. Would either of those two items been allowed? Even if it doesn't specifically say so on the official site for the debate commission, is it possible that it was something they agreed to? I did not see Bush take out any paper for his closing points.

You are right though about speculation....but it sure is hard not too;)

Kimberly
Wolfgang
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REALLY hard to tell since it's so quick and blurry, but it looks to me like he took out a white pen and then wrote with it--he was scribbling with some white pen, anyway, seems to me (whether or not that's what he took out of his pocket).

Still a violation of the rules, but not smoking gun here, folks.

Let's keep in mind two possibilities: (1) an innocent mistake by Kerry (though I agree the rules were very explicit on this), or possibly (2) a provocation, trying to make Republicans suspect the worst, make accusations, and then look stupid as a result, thereby discrediting their other, substantiated claims.

I'd strongly suggest to the moderators that this web site is not the proper forum for speculation on this matter. We do not want to discredit the Swift Vets and POWs just because (suppose it turns out) Kerry just used an unauthorized Mont Blanc.

(BTW, frm what I blurrily saw, it might not even have been white, but just catching a little glare from the intense lights.)
FredRum
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kimberly, your find is now on Drudge Smile

http://www.drudgereport.com/dnc57.htm

XXXXX DRUDGE REPORT XXXXX SUN OCT 03, 2004 14:05:38 ET XXXXX

DEBATE MYSTERY: WHAT DID KERRY SLIP OUT OF HIS POCKET?

Section 5, pages 4-5 of the binding "Memorandum of Understanding" that was negotiated and agreed upon by both political campaigns states:

"No props, notes, charts, diagrams, or other writings or other tangible things may be brought into the debate by either candidate.... Each candidate must submit to the staff of the Commission prior to the debate all such paper and any pens or pencils with which a candidate may wish to take notes during the debate, and the staff or commission will place such paper, pens and pencils on the podium..."

So what did Dem presidential contender John Kerry take out of his jacket as he approached the stage [with his back to the auditorium's audience]? What did Kerry place on the podium?

Video replays of the Kerry maneuver played all weekend long on the internet.

"John Kerry brought prohibited material into last Thursday's Presidential Debate," charged indcjournal.com.

MORE

Last edited by FredRum on Sun Oct 03, 2004 6:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Endaar
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just hit Drudge...

As to it being a pen:

If you follow my earlier instructions and watch the video, it is clearly something white that is then unfolded. You can see him reach into his suit with his left hand, and then, as he brings his left hand down to the podium, his right hand comes up to the item and he unfolds it.

Keep in mind also that with the resolution of this video, a pen would be really hard to see. Even the largest Mont Blanc is not going to be any larger than one of Kerry's fingers, yet this item is very clearly visible above the top of his hand, spanning the entire length (with his hand held horizonally) of his hand.

I agree things shouldn't go too far - the proof isn't exactly conclusive - but at the same time this is a valid question that should be asked and I'd like to see answered.

Endaar
Absolut
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wolf: Kerry was not supposed to bring anything! How can you say it was a misunderstanding? It was clearly stated that nothing was supposed to be brought up with him at the podium, but he pulled something out of his pocket and put it there.

He would have some major explaining to do to find out what he put up there.
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As this has now hit Drudge, moving to main forum.

Thanks
kimberly
PO2

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FredRum wrote:
Kimberly, your find is now on Drudge Smile

XXXXX DRUDGE REPORT XXXXX SUN OCT 03, 2004 14:05:38 ET XXXXX

DEBATE MYSTERY: WHAT DID KERRY SLIP OUT OF HIS POCKET?

Section 5, pages 4-5 of the binding "Memorandum of Understanding" that was negotiated and agreed upon by both political campaigns states:

"No props, notes, charts, diagrams, or other writings or other tangible things may be brought into the debate by either candidate.... Each candidate must submit to the staff of the Commission prior to the debate all such paper and any pens or pencils with which a candidate may wish to take notes during the debate, and the staff or commission will place such paper, pens and pencils on the podium..."

So what did Dem presidential contender John Kerry take out of his jacket as he approached the stage [with his back to the auditorium's audience]? What did Kerry place on the podium?

Video replays of the Kerry maneuver played all weekend long on the internet.

"John Kerry brought prohibited material into last Thursday's Presidential Debate," charged indcjournal.com.

MORE

Oh goodie. Enough said, (don't want to further 'speculate' if I'm breaking some rule). Going to go read, I'll be baaaaak. (Thanks)
Kimberly
Son of a VET
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's about time! He has been a bit slow on some issues as of late. I know I sent this to him, as did many others when it first came up. And what about the story Navy Cheif broke! http://www2.swiftvets.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=11385
Why the hell has it not made it on the Druge Report, sent it to him also. Just sent it again, every one should.

Stolen Honor
Roon
PO2

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read this last night before going to bed and emailed it to Boortz. I was glad to see it on Drudge when I logged on this afternoon after church.

But I think you guys who don't belong to the metrosexual species are missing what he took out. It was a nail file. He broke a nail when he shook GW's hand when they came on stage. He'd forgotten how hard a real man's hands were, it had been so long since he had shaken one (Not counting Teresa and Hillary.)
chemical_boy
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The drudge title has been changed to

DEBATE MYSTERY: DID KERRY HAVE CHEAT SHEET?

Watching Michael Moores every Move
kimberly
PO2

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It will be interesting to see what the DNC response will be, other than folks like me causing a 'distraction'.

The internet plays of this are really bad and make it so difficult to see anything, while the replays on tv are so clear. To me, (how can I say this without speculating?) I see him take out a square piece of folded white paper approximately 4x4 inches square. At first I thought it was an index card until he unfolds it and lays it down on the podium. It definitely was not a pen. It was too 'stiff' to be a kleenex or a hanky.

Anyway, my feelings, if it is something he shouldn't have had, it won't change the debate. For me, it goes to character. Like we don't already know he's lacking in that department, lol.

Kim - Bush '04
kimberly
PO2

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roon wrote:
But I think you guys who don't belong to the metrosexual species are missing what he took out. It was a nail file. He broke a nail when he shook GW's hand when they came on stage.

Hey, I wouldn't be one bit surprised!
Son of a VET
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
A top Kerry campaign source explained to the DRUDGE REPORT late Sunday how Bush supporters were once again trying to distract.

"Kerry did not cheat," said the Kerry insider. "This is more lies from Republicans, who are hoping for a quick change of subject away from the president's performance, and the new polls."
Evil or Very Mad

Stolen Honor
2ndamendsis
PO3

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coming up - WABCradio w/Monica Crowley........

the Dude may have Cheated!?
Roon
PO2

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is making me angry about the Democratic response to this is "Kerry did not cheat," said the Kerry insider. "This is more lies from Republicans, who are hoping for a quick change of subject away from the president's performance, and the new polls."

No, this is a response from the people of this Republic, unless you guys are really Karl Rove and Karen Hughes in disguise and I imagine they have more on their plates right now than to sit on the internet and start things up. This is a response from the people who don't want to see this country run by liars, thieves and frauds and we will do anything we can to fight for the continued integrity of this country. In fact, many of you physically did that back in the Vietnam War and it was longer than a 4 month tour.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 30, 31, 32  Next
Page 7 of 32

Jump to: