SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Now on Drudge - Kerry Cheated??? (debates)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 30, 31, 32  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wikunit
Former Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D -

I saw the video. I saw him pull something out of his pocket and start writing, I also saw Bush writing something, Bush was also writing something. Kerry also pulls this out infront of everyone and no one says anything. I really doubt any rules were broken because he pulled it infront of everyone and no one said anything, he didn't hide it or sneak it. He just did it without thinking about it. It is suspicious but there is no solid evidence that he cheated or did anything wrong, no more then there is for the Bush argument, and no less. This seems more hopefull and wishfull thinking then anything else, I'm not the first one to say this in this thread.

Kathy Kay - Agreed!
MTS17446
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wikunit wrote:
I mainly lurk around many forums but this prompted me to register;

C'mon! This is as bad as the left claiming Bush was wiretapped for the debate. This only makes the right look desperate and it will backfire, just like the wiretap theory will backfire on the left. Everyone is going to lose from claims like these.

Section 5, pages 4-5 of the debate rule both parties agreed to.

Quote:
"No props, notes, charts, diagrams, or other writings or other tangible things may be brought into the debate by either candidate.... Each candidate must submit to the staff of the Commission prior to the debate all such paper and any pens or pencils with which a candidate may wish to take notes during the debate, and the staff or commission will place such paper, pens and pencils on the podium..."

Kerry...not the Commission, placed the paper on his podium. That is a direct violation of the rules the two parties agreed to.

Does not matter if he used it against Bush or not, it's still a direct violation of the rules both parties agreed to.
fr11
Seaman

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wikunit wrote:
I didn't give any Kerry talking points buddy. I'm just saying this is ridiculous. And just as ridiculous as the claim that Bush was wiretapped for the debate. They are BOTH ridiculous. Someone also claimed that Bush's expressions were because he knew Kerry was cheating. I think Bush would have called him out on it, if not, after the debate. We lost this one, but trying to force something that happened already become undone is not the solution. The solution is to win the next two debates.

I thought the same thing when bloggers began questioning the CBS documents. I was sure it was all just a conspiracy theory, but look how that turned out! To me, it's clear that Kerry took something out of his pocket and it's very suspicious that he did it while his BACK was turned to the audience. I doubt anything will come of this, but I'm going to give these bloggers a chance to make their case. If Kerry did use a cheat sheet, then the American public deserves to know.
wikunit
Former Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Word.
Roon
PO2

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wikunit wrote

"I saw the video. I saw him pull something out of his pocket and start writing, I also saw Bush writing something, Bush was also writing something. Kerry also pulls this out infront of everyone and no one says anything. I really doubt any rules were broken because he pulled it infront of everyone and no one said anything, he didn't hide it or sneak it. He just did it without thinking about it. It is suspicious but there is no solid evidence that he cheated or did anything wrong, no more then there is for the Bush argument, and no less. "

I had to go through this with my husband. The rules allowed for them to take notes BUT all writing material (paper and pens) were to be given to the debate staff who were to put the materials on the podium. They were to take NOTHING to the podium themselves. If you watch, Bush takes nothing out of his pocket and therefore obeyed the rules. Kerry took something out of his pocket and therefore did not obey the rules. The response of the Democrats makes it more suspicious. They don't say, "We forgot to give his paper to take notes on to the Debate team." Probably because that could be proven wrong. They just blame this on the Republicans. It makes everyone think they got caught, didn't realize it was caught on cameras.
Son of a VET
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Kathy Kay - Agreed!

Where? Don't put words in her mouth!

Read her post again:

Quote:
While I can't speak for others, this issue isn't a bother to me just because Kerry did better than I expected.

His campaign could stop the whole thing right now by just saying what he did. If he pulled out a pen, then fine. Just say so and say "oops, I'm sorry" instead of blaming the controversy on the RNC.

It'll be interesting how this plays out.

Stolen Honor
wikunit
Former Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read her post and I am agreeing with her. Smile
The Ghost
Seaman

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wikunit wrote:
I didn't give any Kerry talking points buddy. I'm just saying this is ridiculous. And just as ridiculous as the claim that Bush was wiretapped for the debate. They are BOTH ridiculous. Someone also claimed that Bush's expressions were because he knew Kerry was cheating. I think Bush would have called him out on it, if not, after the debate. We lost this one, but trying to force something that happened already become undone is not the solution. The solution is to win the next two debates.

did you watch the tape ??

if you was in a class and taking a test ,what would your teacher do ??

sheating on a test is equal to a lie ,,kerry has lied his whole life
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to all the participants. Moving this thread back to Geedunk
wikunit
Former Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehe... most politicians have lied their whole life. Not that it's right if he did break the rules. But I'm equal, yo.
rb325th
Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wikunit wrote:
First I am not your "Buddy". Second, Kerry violated the rules, regardless of what he pulled out of his pocket, plainly visible in the film. End of Story, if it was not cheating, then why does he not explain what it was instead of trying the old "Right Wing Conspiracy" crap?
Roon
PO2

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Ghost wrote: "if you was in a class and taking a test ,what would your teacher do ??

sheating on a test is equal to a lie ,,kerry has lied his whole life"

Good Point! That is the essence of this thread.
wikunit
Former Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Defensive.

Edit; And I agree, it's wrong. But we don't know what went on behind the scenes. For all we know he asked if he could bring whatever he had and it got Ok'ed. We don't know. I'm just very skeptical about this.

Last edited by wikunit on Sun Oct 03, 2004 9:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Son of a VET
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounds like a flip flop. And I think you are taking her out of context. You are upset that this is being discussed at all, she is not. It is not the fact that he did it, but the spin they are putting on it that bothers her MOST. Thats the way I took it. Kathy will set us both right, I'm sure.

Stolen Honor
The Ghost
Seaman

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wikunit wrote:
D -

I saw the video. I saw him pull something out of his pocket and start writing, I also saw Bush writing something, Bush was also writing something. Kerry also pulls this out infront of everyone and no one says anything. I really doubt any rules were broken because he pulled it infront of everyone and no one said anything, he didn't hide it or sneak it. He just did it without thinking about it. It is suspicious but there is no solid evidence that he cheated or did anything wrong, no more then there is for the Bush argument, and no less. This seems more hopefull and wishfull thinking then anything else, I'm not the first one to say this in this thread.

Kathy Kay - Agreed!

look at the video again ,and you will see that kerry's back was towards the audience when he pulled the papes out of his pocket ,,remember kerry is right handed ,kerry pulled it out of his pocket with his left hand ,this was planned by kerry
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 30, 31, 32  Next
Page 10 of 32

Jump to: