SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How many U.S KIA's under Kerry's command?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cap' DOC
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry:
Quote:
I understand what the president is talking about, because I know what it means to lose people in combat.

Okay. Did he lose any people 'in combat'? Anyone under his command?

Anyone whose family he would have to inform? Officially?

And thank you, danbear.
ASPB
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look, this is a loser!

Sure he lost people in combat; college friends, associates, etc. So did my brother-in-law's stepmother! So freaking what! I also know what it is to lose someone in combat. I've seen it happen on the rivers which Kerry never did (excepting Charlie, innocent civilians, and a couple of local Ruff Puffs). By the grace of my higher power it was not anyone who served directly under my command.

Facts are no one who served under Kerry's abbreviated command lost their life. In fact no one even served in the same Coastal Division with Kerry who lost his life while Kerry was there.

Let's move on to Kerry wriiting after action reports that resulted in his awards.

We're sparring over nothing when NavyChief and the team here have handed us a slam dunk on Kerry's perfidy.

Take the ball and move it up court!
Cap' DOC
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ASPB I ask only because if I make a statement elsewhere in defense of you, myself and my brothers, I want to know for certain that I cannot be accused of doing the same thing that Mr. Kerry has done for thirty-five years. When I speak now against Mr. Kerry, I speak also for those whose names are on the Wall. I would not tarnish the name of a single man. I asked here because I felt I could get an honest answer.

I'm with you. Move it up the Court. Pump up the volume.
ASPB
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cap' DOC wrote:
ASPB I ask only because if I make a statement elsewhere in defense of you, myself and my brothers, I want to know for certain that I cannot be accused of doing the same thing that Mr. Kerry has done for thirty-five years. When I speak now against Mr. Kerry, I speak also for those whose names are on the Wall. I would not tarnish the name of a single man. I asked here because I felt I could get an honest answer.

I'm with you. Move it up the Court. Pump up the volume.

Doc,

Your question is a reasonable one and I admire your commitment to rhetorical integrity. My response was diirected to the entire thread which appeared to me to being going the route of word parsing to establish a "gotcha"; one that that imho is a loser for the average voter.

Kerry did, as he always does well, parse his words in such a way as to give an impression not in sinc with the truth. These are arguments that can be made for the discerning but, for the average viewer or listener, I doubt that such subtleties matter.

Maybe I'm wrong but I believe that hard facts clearly communicated will advance the ball faster in the fourth quarter than team debate over the rhetorical tactics of our opponent.

Best Wishes,

Tom
mtboone
Founder

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 3:06 am    Post subject: Re: USA kia under Kerry Reply with quote

Horrell was assigned to Cosdiv 11 on 5 January 69 in An Thoi, Kerry was not. He was then assigned to Cosdiv 13 in Cat Lo. He returned to Cosdiv 11 about January 8 or 9 and his first recorded action in the AOR was on 13 Jan 69.

You'll find the casualty data at http://www.swiftboats.net

That is when you find the date he was killed as you say. He trained with
Crew 58B - William James Locke III, LTJG, OinC 7/68-7/69 - San Jose, CA wlockeiii@aol.com Gerald Robert Horrell, BM3, KIA 1/5/69 (CosDiv 11) - George Walter Jones, EN3 - David M. Alston, GMG3 - Michael Manno, QM3 - Francis J. Stevens Jr, SN (All trained together in Coronado 6 May thru 5 July 1968) and I doubt he was killed the same day that he arrived. Where jfk was at this time, I do not know where Kerry was but probably jfk was in Cambodia again on another secret mission. Gerald got there before 1/5/69 but when he got there is unknown.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: