SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Now on Drudge - Kerry Cheated??? (debates)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 30, 31, 32  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the transcript:

Jim Lehrer wrote:
The umbrella topic is foreign policy and homeland security,

It was a pretty fair bet that homeland security was going to come up in the questions asked of both candidates. There were two topics of discussion included in the debate's agenda.

Now, I don't doubt for a second that Lehrer shared the questions with Kerry beforehand. But, I chalk my suspicions up to "just a hunch." To try to pin my suspicion on Kerry's remark in answering that very early question would make me look like I'm pinning jello to the wall.

I'd stay away from this particular line of reasoning - just for that quote above.
hanna
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a picture that is very interesting, but I don't know how to post it.......I read something earlier about putting it somewhere.....???? I haven't a clue, but it clearly shows the size of whatever it is he has in his RIGHT hand.
Wynne
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Navy_Navy_Navy wrote:
From the transcript:

Jim Lehrer wrote:
The umbrella topic is foreign policy and homeland security,

It was a pretty fair bet that homeland security was going to come up in the questions asked of both candidates. There were two topics of discussion included in the debate's agenda.

Now, I don't doubt for a second that Lehrer shared the questions with Kerry beforehand. But, I chalk my suspicions up to "just a hunch." To try to pin my suspicion on Kerry's remark in answering that very early question would make me look like I'm pinning jello to the wall.

I'd stay away from this particular line of reasoning - just for that quote above.

ok. I see what you're saying about that particular topic. That makes sense. Kimberly's examples go beyond that though and could be pretty damning. But will we ever really know what was on that cheat sheet? Probably not *sigh*

(btw, thanks for all that you do, Navy -- this is the best moderated forum I've ever seen. One of the reasons it's such a pleasure to come here.)
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Out of many interesting threads and comments over on ** about this subject, I found this one most interesting;

Quote:
Jesus f***ing christ. How many times do you people have to go through this stupid f***ing "debunking" bulls**t before you figure it out? The more you "debunk", the more they have to "debate" about. All you have to say is "LIARS" and then go about the business of winning this election.

Seems at least one has figured out, even after several claims to the opposite, that the leftstream media believes anything they say and looks no further.
SWVTsupporter
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Following the bouncing ball...

I apologize if this has already been mentioned and discussed

Kerry has 2 pens on the podium. It appears that one pen is a typical Bic pen, white barrel, black tip with black cap. This is the same pen that Bush has and is using. In addition, Kerry also has a 2 piece pen that has a larger cap. I think this is the famous 'Montblanc' pen. The white one can be seen at 5:20, the 'Montblanc' at 5:27. He frequently exchanges them back and forth over the next 5 minutes.

Also, of even more interest, it appears he has 2 sets of papers. One set is to his left side of the microphone, higher up, the other is to his right and low near the edge. He makes a small movement to correct the location of the paper to his right. All of this can seen between the 5:00 mark and the 10:00 minute mark.

At around the 13:00 minute mark, he appears to be writting on the paper on his right, yet his face appears to be pointed at the paper on his left. That is all I have watched so far, except for the end of his closing statement when he puts the object/objects into his right front pocket. I do not know why he didn't return the 'montblanc' to its rightful location in his inside right lapel pocket, 'where he pulled it' from Rolling Eyes . I guess it will be worth the effort to watch the whole thing over again and pick up some more detail.

Thanks for viewing this post.
igor
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://homepage.mac.com/cfj/.Movies/JFKCheat.mov shows a normal version side by side a zoomed version. If you save it to your computer you can view it frame by frame.

Look closely at the right hand. He might have had something in his right hand.

Last edited by igor on Mon Oct 04, 2004 7:57 am; edited 1 time in total
ord33
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check out this NY Post article....They say it is a BLACK PEN???

http://www.nypost.com/news/nationalnews/31273.htm

Quote:
October 4, 2004 -- Was John Kerry trying to pull something at the debate last week?
That question was burning up the Internet yesterday after a slo-mo review of the footage showed the Massachusetts senator taking an object out of his right pocket before the first question.

Was it a cheat sheet — as some conservative bloggers claimed — or was it something innocuous?

Either way, it would violate the debate rules agreed to by both campaigns: "No props, notes . . . or other tangible things may be brought into the debate."

Many blogs offered links to the "Pocket-gate" footage. One, INDC Journal, even posted frame-by-frame stills purporting to show Kerry pulling out a notecard and placing it onto the podium.

But the mystery was solved when The Post reviewed a Fox News Channel feed from Thursday's debate: Kerry pulled out . . . a black pen.

Kerry campaign spokesman David Wade remained angry at the bloggers' guilt-by-insinuation.

"The right-wing attack machine will say anything to steal a debate do-over," he said.

"We plead guilty to having a pen."

The Bush campaign did not comment.

First of all, I'd love to see the Fox News feed they had to determine what it was, why not use frame by frame footage to determine?. I recorded the debate on a DVD to the highest quality during the time of the debate, and initially I thought it was a pen as well (see my very early post in this thread), but after reviewing footage by frames and slow motion it is clear it is not a pen, let alone a BLACK pen.
Second, they should plead guilty to not following the rules...not sarcasm of guilty of having a pen, they knew darn well it was against the rules to bring anything to the podium.

Last edited by ord33 on Mon Oct 04, 2004 7:46 am; edited 1 time in total
JimRobson
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Igor: So much has been written I'm getting fuzzy. (Just ask Hanna)

But anyway, I seem to remember that someone said he had a hankerchief in his right hand. He was probably wiping his hand after the handshake with Bush.

http://www.thewebplace.com/

Last edited by JimRobson on Mon Oct 04, 2004 7:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Cam Ranh '71
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 7:13 am    Post subject: Did Kerry cheat or "Jacketgate" Reply with quote

I double posted on this subject, Kimberly [above] having beat me by 24 hours.
The only thing that I can add is the name "Jacketgate" and a Quicktime hi resolution video of several seconds with a clearer image. Telling. Obviously you need Quicktime to view.

[http://homepage.mac.com/cfj/.movies/jfkcheat.mov]

CS

Remember: "Thinking is the best way to travel!"
kimberly
PO2

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me#1You#10 wrote:
Gents...

The topic is Kerry's crib material, not troll trivia. Please return to it.

Thanks

Kerry's crib material.....this cracked me up Wink

Kimberly
GoophyDog
PO1

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A black pen? Interesting since in several frames I do believe I saw Kerry taking notes with a WHITE pen.

Does the guy flip-flop on pen usage as well!?!?!?
hanna
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait a minute.....didn't Kerry reach into his right breast pocket with his left hand???
igor
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JimRobson wrote:
Igor: So much has been written I'm getting fuzzy. (Just ask Hanna)

Hopefully Fox News or one of the networks will release footage of both hands at different angles.
kimberly
PO2

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two things:

If the ny times ran an article saying it was a black pen, will the rest of the media be content with their answer and just drop it? I have been unable to view replays on the internet, but when I first noticed the 'deed' it was on a replay of the clip as an intro to Fox's debate stories. The actual tv view is much clearer to me than the pictures posted here and it was clearly a white square piece of paper that he unfolded and shuffled on the podium. I guess it is good, in a way, that the DNC is reporting it as a black pen, it should be easy to show (somehow) that it clearly is not. Hopefully the media will be skeptical of the DNC answer and do some investigating of their own.

Second, I couldn't believe my eyes when I first noticed the 'deed'. I wondered how I had missed it when it happened 'live'. Did anyone notice it when it was actually happening live? I've talked with some other people and family and no one noticed it until they saw the footage.

By the way, although I posted and started this thread, there was someone else (closer, I think) who caught the deed as well and posted on the debate forum as such. I am sure that we both are grateful to everyone who took the time to review the footage and pass the word to the right people. Your 'investigation' has brought forth more 'questionable' behavior that needs answering. Hopefully we can move the issues beyond the 'right is just whining sour grapes' and really get to the bottom of this. Here's to hoping the MSM will be curious enought to look beyond the DNCs unacceptable explanation.

Kimberly
ord33
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now I'm even more pissed...it is clear the motive/agenda of the writer for the NY Post article. Here is a little about him.
http://www.keepmedia.com/pubs/Newsweek/2004/06/14/529834?extID=10032&oliID=213

Quote:
American Beat: Indecision 2004
by Gersh Kuntzman (Gersh Kuntzman is also a reporter for The New York Post. His website is at http://www.gersh.tv/) | Jun 14 '04

Whether you're a liberal Democrat like me or a conservative Republican (you know, one of those people who annoy me), it's safe to say that you think this coming election presents the nation with a very clear choice: To dump Bush or not to dump Bush.

Haha...I just found this article from a newspaper BEFORE the debates. I bet they never thought anything would come of this while writing it!
http://www.qctimes.com/internal.php?story_id=1036256&t=Opinion&c=22,1036256

Quote:
Reality TV it is not.
The live meeting tonight of President George W. Bush and U.S. Sen. John Kerry has had the life snuffed out of it by a cumbersome set of rules aimed at making the event dignified. Why should the Commission on Presidential Debates work to protect dignity squandered daily by both major party campaigns?
Instead of dignity, the commission rules favor a dry, predictable sound-bite swap, rather like watching each candidate’s commercials in succession.
The audience is screened to include only so-called soft supporters of each major party candidate. Not a Libertarian in the room.
Candidates cannot acknowledge anyone in the audience. No shout-outs to homeys.
Candidates won’t ask each other direct questions. That means Kerry can’t ask, “Mr. President, do you have any specific recollections from 1972?”
They may fire off a rhetorical question: “I ask the American people,” President Bush could say, “if they want a president whose answer in this first debate will still be his answer in the second?”
The rule book even requires each candidate to submit pens, pencils and notecards ahead of time for use on the podium. Are they worried about cheat sheets?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 30, 31, 32  Next
Page 17 of 32

Jump to: