SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Now on Drudge - Kerry Cheated??? (debates)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 30, 31, 32  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ord33
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After looking at this video hundreds of times, I have tried several "theories" of what the object could be. If the Kerry Campaign is claiming it was a "black pen", after watching the video (as much as I hate to say this), it does look plausible that the object could be a fancy pen in its case (like they come when you buy them), and Kerry flips open the case and pulls out the pen. Maybe I'm being way too open minded here and I hate to support Kerry in any way, but does someone else see this?

But then you ask, why would the pen be in a case? (To keep it from leaking on his suit???)

Insight from anyone?

Regardless, it boils down to he did violate the rules by bringing whatever item was to the podium. The campaign and Kerry were clearly well informed of the rules, as they were raising holy hell over the "countdown" lights placed on the podium prior to the debate and agreed & signed the "memo". Kerry must think he can get away with everything and not follow the rules.
kimberly
PO2

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ord33 wrote:
After looking at this video hundreds of times, I have tried several "theories" of what the object could be. If the Kerry Campaign is claiming it was a "black pen", after watching the video (as much as I hate to say this), it does look plausible that the object could be a fancy pen in its case (like they come when you buy them), and Kerry flips open the case and pulls out the pen. Maybe I'm being way too open minded here and I hate to support Kerry in any way, but does someone else see this?

But then you ask, why would the pen be in a case? (To keep it from leaking on his suit???)

Insight from anyone?

Regardless, it boils down to he did violate the rules by bringing whatever item was to the podium. The campaign and Kerry were clearly well informed of the rules, as they were raising holy hell over the "countdown" lights placed on the podium prior to the debate and agreed & signed the "memo". Kerry must think he can get away with everything and not follow the rules.

This could be a possibility, but why did the DNC respond to drudge the way they did? Why didn't they just tell him that is was a pen instead of the smart a$$ comment they gave? The matter could have been put to rest immediately. Did they want it to become a big story for some reason? It's also possible that the 'case' the pen came in contained whatever I saw that he unfolded and began immediately to write on.

I realize that this 'pen' is precious to Kerry, but if he intended to use it, he should have given it to the commission prior to the debate.

Kimberly
Debs
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's really irrelevant what Kerry took from his pocket, whether a pen, palm pilot, cheat sheets, or anything else, as we will never really know. But the point is he CHEATED and he admitted it and it makes him look sneaky, underhanded, and above the rules. It just reinforces that he is a rich, priviledged, elitist snob who thinks he doesn't have to go by the rules everyone else does. People don't like cheaters in any competition and this will not play well with the "folks" who abide by the rules in their daily lives. That is what must be focused on and people can draw their own conclusions as to what he had - the point is, HE CHEATED.

Debbie
Ohio Voter
PO2

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have Dan Rather as an example of how the media "shares" information to get the result the liberals want. It didn't have to be Lehrer who gave Kerry the questions. I doubt the questions were guarded like a national secret. Who is Lehrer's producer, intern, secretary...? I put nothing past the democrats.

Navy_Navy_Navy wrote:
From the transcript:

Jim Lehrer wrote:
The umbrella topic is foreign policy and homeland security,

It was a pretty fair bet that homeland security was going to come up in the questions asked of both candidates. There were two topics of discussion included in the debate's agenda.

Now, I don't doubt for a second that Lehrer shared the questions with Kerry beforehand. But, I chalk my suspicions up to "just a hunch." To try to pin my suspicion on Kerry's remark in answering that very early question would make me look like I'm pinning jello to the wall.

I'd stay away from this particular line of reasoning - just for that quote above.
Fort Campbell
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Debs wrote:
It's really irrelevant what Kerry took from his pocket, whether a pen, palm pilot, cheat sheets, or anything else, as we will never really know. But the point is he CHEATED and he admitted it and it makes him look sneaky, underhanded, and above the rules. It just reinforces that he is a rich, priviledged, elitist snob who thinks he doesn't have to go by the rules everyone else does. People don't like cheaters in any competition and this will not play well with the "folks" who abide by the rules in their daily lives. That is what must be focused on and people can draw their own conclusions as to what he had - the point is, HE CHEATED.

Debbie

Exactly. it would not have mattered if it was a breath mint. The point is that Kerry broke the rules that his team agred to. If the man cannot even keep the rules of a simple debate how can he be trusted to be CIC? Again we are back to the pivotal point.................TRUST.
Debs
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, it appears that Kerry and his campaign think this is no big deal, and seem a bit haughty and arrogant and are trying to laugh it off and make the Bush supporters out to be mean for even bringing it up. How dare someone call him out for CHEATING - isn't he entitled to be above the rules just because he is the HERO - John Forbes Kerry? That will not fly in fly over country. What's worse than just a cheater is an unrepentent cheater who gives the impression that he IS above the rules. This is far worse than the Kerry Kamp is realizing as they don't think this is any big deal, and that will infuriate people even more because it just reinforces what we all know Kerry is - a rich, elitist, arrogant, condescending snob who has an inflated ego and an entitlement mentality. If we play this right, this is worse for Kerry than he realizes as he is not in touch in any way with regular folks and what they think and feel about being deceived. That arrogant sense of entitlement will not carry him to the White House.

Debbie
Fort Campbell
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From INDC........................This says it all very well.

http://www.indcjournal.com/archives/001054.php
kimberly
PO2

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Along the lines of what you are saying, the only thing that matters is that he cheated, what if all of the speculation really is true? If Kerry had a cheat sheet and if it pissed Bush off affecting his responses, or if Kerry 'anticipated' the questions that would be asked, it is possible that there would have been a totally different outcome. Rassmussen was just on Fox this morning and said if Bush had 'won' the debate, the election would be 'over'. I do agree with what you are saying, but for said reason, I do think that it is important to know exactly what was in his pocket.

For those of you who are speculating that Bush may have seen and been affected by Kerry's 'deed', would the RNC NOT be addressing the issue because they themselves do not want to been accused of 'sour grapes' and so are relying on the bloggers/media to make the accusation? Just a thought.

Kimberly
oasis
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fort Campbell wrote:
From INDC........................This says it all very well.

http://www.indcjournal.com/archives/001054.php

Hello,

John, forfeited the debate when he broke the rules. That is the rules in this country if you cheat, right?

Please donate to the.. RED CROSS
kimberly
PO2

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On Fox and Friends, Mancow just brought up the issue of the cheat sheet. Ed quickly dismissed it saying that an in-depth study had been done and it was just a black pen. End of discussion.

Looks like the MSM is going to accept whatever the DNC says.

Kimberly
Fort Campbell
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kimberly wrote:
On Fox and Friends, Mancow just brought up the issue of the cheat sheet. Ed quickly dismissed it saying that an in-depth study had been done and it was just a black pen. End of discussion.

Kimberly

I am hoping that Sean Hannity will give this some exposure and air time. he usually does not accept the tripe that the DNC hands out.
Debs
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Bush campaign won't touch this, but I think maybe Bush saw Kerry take something out and knew he was breaking the rules, but there was no way he could say anything, but his facial expressions certainly could be accounted for if he knew at the time Kerry was cheating. We'll never know for sure what it was - if he just wanted to use his own pen, then why not negotiate that beforehand - and if the pen was in a case, was something else in the case with the pen? Just wanting his own pen doesn't pass the smell test. Maybe we should just lay out the facts and plant a few seeds of what it might have been, and let the people come to their own conclusions about what it was - the point is he cheated, he was sneaky, he was dishonest, and that will not resound well with people. It goes to his character and his trustworthiness. Too much whining about it could look petty, but if it is dropped, then everyone will know Kerry got away with cheating - and that will hurt him. And I really don't think it will be dropped as it will become a joke - and although it is not a joke, it is about how to best proceed with this in a way to hurt Kerry, and him getting away with it will not set well with people who are honest and follow the rules in their own lives. It's about strategery. Wink

Debbie
margie
Seaman

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't seen any re-runs of the debate, but noticed him taking a papaer from his jacket pocket. I didn't know that it was against the rules at the time. His hands were also shaking, and he initally appeared very nervous. IMO after he wasn't called on it,(thinking he got away with it) he calmed down.
kimberly
PO2

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kimberly wrote:

Kimberly

I have e-mailed fox and friends and asked for a further explanation of who conducted this in-depth study. And the fact that she reported it as having been 'just a pen' but no mention that even that would have been in violation of the rules.

Also, I just checked Drudge, looks like they are just going to accept the whole DNC 'pen' theory as well. I didn't see anything about it being against the rules either.

Kimberly
Endaar
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, but there's no way this is a pen in it's case either.

Any of the expensive pens - Mont Blanc, Waterman, for example - typically come in large, heavy cases. And they're not white. I've got both a Mont Blanc and a Waterman here; the Mont Blanc comes in a very large black plastic case that is absurdly heavy to put in one's suit pocket. The Waterman came in a somewhat smaller, less impressive case that would still be uncomfortable to carry around and is nevertheless dark blue.

Plus, let's face facts. I may have bothered to put a $175 pen back in its case when I first got it, but that gets old after a while. I find it hard to believe someone with Kerry's money is going to be all that concerned about a pen that is pretty insignificant to them.

On top of that, you have the fact that Kerry's entire act of removing the item from his pocket was done in such a way as to not be visible to the President, moderator or audience. If the rear-view camera hadn't been broadcasting - which was probably unexpected - this would not have been caught. The very fact that he did this in a secretive way is indicitive he was doing something blatently wrong.

Endaar
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 30, 31, 32  Next
Page 18 of 32

Jump to: