SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Now on Drudge - Kerry Cheated??? (debates)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 30, 31, 32  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
manelly
PO3

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Proof Exclamation
Rules don't apply to John F. Kerry Rolling Eyes

The guy can just do what ever he wants! I would still like to see rolling film on this from FOX!

!#&*#$@

Last edited by manelly on Tue Oct 05, 2004 1:03 am; edited 2 times in total
hanna
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If he is so sure it is a pen (Brit that is) then why didn't he run the video that we are all looking at (the from the back version) in high res so we can see what HE is seeing? Why feed us this still of Kerry holding a black pen up in front of himself?

If anyone has this outrage on video, could you go through it and see if you can find where what Brit is showing in the tape is at? Match position, facial expression, etc.?
next generation
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
next generation wrote:

My husband and I just watched this section several times, recorded from Digital Satellite from C-SPAN. The camera angle is from behind, so it isn't possible to see President Bush's face, however, it doesn't appear that he looks directly at Kerry as Kerry removes whatever it is from his pocket. It's possible that the President saw the motion out of the corner of his eye, but no way to tell for sure from this angle.

However, and this could be interesting, Jim Lehrer looks directly at Kerry at about the moment that Kerry is unfolding the paper and setting it down on the podium. It's entirely possible that in real time, the motion was of no significance to Lehrer, but then again...

In Kerry's 90 second response to the first question posed to the President, he states that the President made "a colossal error of judgment", in reference to going to war in Iraq as opposed to staying only in Afghanistan. When his 90 second response is completed, the next question goes to Kerry. Lehrer says, "Colossal misjudgments. What colossal misjudgments, in your opinion, has President Bush made in these areas?".

Now, Lehrer said in his opening statement, that all of the questions were written, in advance, by him. The questions were apparently not just off the cuff, determined by what either candidate had just said, but pre-planned. So how is it, that Kerry just happened to mention in his 90 second response, the phrase "colossal error of judgment", and the very next question to Kerry from Lehrer was, coincidentally, "what errors in judgment do you think the President made?".

Why would Lehrer have asked this question if he didn't know that Kerry was going to use that particular phrase at that time? Was he just making up questions off the cuff to make the President look as bad as possible, despite saying the questions were written beforehand? Or did he know what Kerry was going to say, and asked the question according to the script??

Second example. Kerry says, also in a 90 second response, that he came back from Vietnam and spoke out against the war (I didn't get the whole context). Next question from Lehrer to Kerry, "Speaking of Vietnam...". Wow, Kerry sure was throwing lots of good lead-in lines to Lehrer, wasn't he??

Later, Kerry is talking about the situation in Darfur, Sudan. Just guess what the next question from Lehrer to Kerry is about?

There is more here than meets the eye. It's not very likely that this happened three times by mere coincidence. Either Lehrer was tailoring his questions for Kerry on the spot, or it was planned in advance, IMO. Anyone have any other input?

I wanted to bring this thread back into the discussion because I think it bears some further review. As has been previously pointed out, Kerry's early statement in regards to Homeland Security, "But we'll get to that later", seems reasonable in light of the stated topic of the debate (although his delivery of that line still seems rather TOO assured to me).

However, as has been pointed out in the examples above, on at least three occasions that we noticed, an exact phrase from Kerry's 90 second response "coincidentally" was repeated by Lehrer in his very next question to Kerry.

This begs the question: was Lehrer changing his "pre-written" queries as he went along, in order to best further Kerry's position, or was it planned in advance? The questions Lehrer gave to the President did seem to be pre-written. I didn't notice any that referred specifically to something that had just been said. There was no, "Speaking of...", in his questions to Bush. Either way, scripted ahead of time or off the cuff, this clearly shows Lehrer's bias in favor of Kerry.

Also, did anyone else notice that Kerry was frequently nodding along as the President spoke? Why would he be nodding as though in agreement with what Bush was saying? At the same time, he was also looking down often and making notes. It occurs to me, that perhaps he was not nodding in agreement, but rather doing it unknowingly as he checked off points to use in his rebuttal!

Maybe I'm making too much of this, but this is a man who has proven himself over and over to be an opportunistic liar (if he can get away with it, he'd just as soon lie as tell the truth). I don't believe anything he, the DNC or most especially the press has to say on the subject.
Wynne
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hanna wrote:
If he is so sure it is a pen (Brit that is) then why didn't he run the video that we are all looking at (the from the back version) in high res so we can see what HE is seeing? Why feed us this still of Kerry holding a black pen up in front of himself?

If anyone has this outrage on video, could you go through it and see if you can find where what Brit is showing in the tape is at? Match position, facial expression, etc.?

Exactly. Why didn't Brit run that video and then stop at that particular shot? I just reran my tape which shows him from the side -- I took it directly from FOX during the debate. So where did they get that front shot? The object he takes out of his pocket looks awfully large and white and square for a thin black pen as shown in the FOX still.
Fort Campbell
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a theory here, but Brit Hume said that the Bush Camp did not want to pursue this. Do you think maybe they contacted him and asked him to not show the video on his show? Kerry did remove a square white object that looked like a piece of folded paper.
Debs
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could be mistaken, but I thought I saw one picture where he was reaching into his coat pocket and at the same time the picture showed a pen in the other hand.

Debbie
hanna
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did not catch Brit saying that. So what could the reason for that be?

He admitted to bringing a pen. Therefore he admitted to breaking his own rules.

When my children do that, they get grounded.

When I do that, I get a speeding ticket:(
BB Stacker
Seaman

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I'm not satisfied with the FOX picture of the pen. But until someone can produce an equally clear video of Kerry with some other object, I believe this is a dead horse. Kerry did violate the rules, that is for certain. But from what we can see in the FOX picture, a pen hardly qualifies as cheating, if we are being shown the real deal. I am still somewhat skeptical, but the media has gone on. So must we. There are plenty of other Kerry fish to fry, stinking, smelly fish.
hanna
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well there is a man that is trying to get...original feed I guess its called, directly from the debate people. He works in forensics on this kind of stuff, so we will see what he can come up with.
ASPB
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone have a high quality TIVO digital recording from digital cable that can be burned to a DVD-R. I'll take it to a professional video analysis firm and have it analyzed and enhanced. It needs to be the Fox broadcast that that includes the camera images from back stage left.

Let me know. I'll pay all costs involved. I don't believe what I've seen on Fox tonight.
Anker-Klanker
Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ASPB, save your money. Go to:

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1234255/posts

For some already greatly enhanced pictures. That's not a pen!!
Ladyhawke
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I heard that Fox was in charge of the pooled camera broadcast - which makes it even stranger to me that there is no video on their website. Did Hannity cover this at all on H and C?
Endaar
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At the freerepublic link, there's a large (it stands out) screenshot of the two men shaking hands. I would suggest Kerry already has the pen in his left hand at this time. If that's the case, then he clearly didn't pull it out of his pocket.

Endaar
fr11
Seaman

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fox's "black pen" explanation is a load of BS. In the still shot, it just looks like he's holding a pen that blends with the color of his jacket - not taking it out of his pocket.

Most Importantly: THIS OBJECT WAS NOT BLACK!!!

fr11 wrote:
MissPatriot wrote:
I took one of the pictures of Kerry holding whatever he's holding and used Ifranview to look at it in different ways. I used the 'negetive' mode to look at it and saved the results.

In 'negetive' mode it switches light with dark and dark with light. As you can see in the original John Kerry's shirt collar is very white. And in the 'negetive' picture it is very dark. Whatever he's holding in his hand looks like it was just as dark in negetive mode as Kerry's shirt collar. Sooo, the obvious conclusion is that it is something white, like Kerry's shirt collar.

That isn't a pen.

Everyone needs to look at this post again. This is NOT a black pen, like the NY Post said it was. It's not possible.
joeshero
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hanna wrote:
I did not catch Brit saying that. So what could the reason for that be?

He admitted to bringing a pen. Therefore he admitted to breaking his own rules.

When my children do that, they get grounded.

When I do that, I get a speeding ticket:(

NO, IT WAS NOT A PEN. A cheater never admits his "crime" if he wasn't caught blindly. Remember Dan Rather? Kerry took out a small paper from his pocket!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 30, 31, 32  Next
Page 24 of 32

Jump to: