SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What the heck does this mean? (Kerry quote)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MikeM
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lot of this "global test" stuff is getting spun all wrong. JK was not talking about getting permission prior to a pre-emptive strike. He was talking about how such an attack would be viewed by the world after the fact.

If we (I mean the US govt) cannot clearly justify the attack, then in JK words, it would fail the test.

Example......Clintons bombing of that asprin factory in the Sudan.

If we keep twisting his words completly wrong to attack him, we just give the dems more ammo in thier claim it's just smear, spin, ect.

Get it right, don't use his words out of context, or try to assign some meaning that wasn't there......we don't have to resort to those tricks.
Tom Poole
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

W.P. Wily wrote:
...Now just what does that mean, on the Moon colony? Mars? It's bizarre...

Perhaps Kerry's from Mars. Uh...nope, that can't be right. I heard somewhere that men are from Mars. Another planet? Any suggestions?
sdonions
PO3

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He is not from Mars. The only planet he could be from is Uranus cause he is such an AH.

Twisted Evil
Steve Z
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 4:43 pm    Post subject: Kerry: Provide Nuclear Fuel to Iran Reply with quote

As bad as the "global test" remark was (which the Bush campaign has criticized in TV ads), I believe Kerry's worst blunder of the debate was wanting the United States to "provide the nuclear fuel" to Iran.

Bush didn't criticize that remark during the debate, and neither has his campaign, but this could be criticized as giving the Iranians the bomb to blow us up with!

Kerry claims that he would "monitor" the Iranians to ensure that it was peace-time use, but Clinton already tried that with North Korea, and they cheated for 6 years, so trusting the Iranians with nuclear fuel is EXTREMELY RISKY!!!

Somebody has to jump all over this! If not Bush, why not SBVT?

Since, thanks to T. Boone Pickens and Harold Simmons, SBVT has $2 million to work with, wouldn't this make an excellent subject for an anti-Kerry ad?

John Kerry: Giving Iran the nukes to attack America...
helpmycountry
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 6:35 pm    Post subject: Nothing He says Makes any Sense Reply with quote

It was like weapons of mass destruction flying across the border and that made him the winner??? These people do not care they are brainwashed by the media and we have to snap them out of it and it is not easy.

Listen to the MEDIA....

Listen to the media......

Listen to the media...

Snap them out of it before it is too late.
Melissa
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In regards to MikeM:

MikeM wrote:
A lot of this "global test" stuff is getting spun all wrong. JK was not talking about getting permission prior to a pre-emptive strike. He was talking about how such an attack would be viewed by the world after the fact.

We need to worry about what people think after the fact, but pass that test beforehand? How? Can Kerry guarantee that we will always have perfect intelligence and will make perfect decisions every step of the way? He can't - unless he has a palantir? I think Gandalf has it and I think he's taken a ship to the Grey Havens or something. Is that the 'elsewhere' Kerry was referring to?

The question at the end of the day is - given the intelligence (and lets go so far as to assume it is perfect) who has the right to decide how best to protect the US. Either we have that right or we submit it to a global test. I don't see how you can have it both ways?

Someone (Cipher I think) equated this to monday morning quarterbacking. Love that analogy. Where can I get my superbowl ring?
agingrocker
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If John Kerry truly meant that his global test depends on the results of his decision then he can never make the decision. There is no way to know the outcome of the decision before it is made.

His statements were made to imply that Bush's decision to invade Iraq was flawed because Bush could not prove there were WMD's.
President Bush's decision to invade was biased on the assumption that we could not gamble with the possibility that Iraq could at any time give its WMD's to terrorists.

If Kerry had been President and used his global test he never would have made the decision to invade Iraq because the only way to know for sure that Iraq could not give its WMD's to terrorists was to remove Saddam from power. In other words,
His global test is a double blind. He can’t make the decision because he can’t pass the test because to pass the test he would have to make the decision.

The only thing I can conclude from John Kerry's "Global Test" is that he has crossed over the line from being border line brilliant to being mentally ill.
docford
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"But I can do a better job of protecting America's security because the test that I was talking about was a test of legitimacy, not just in the globe, but elsewhere."

Obviously "in the globe" refers to cave dwellers. Hey, isn't Osama living in a cave? "Elsewhere" must refer to the extraterrestrials. He's going for the alien and terrorist vote.
GM Strong
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 12:36 am    Post subject: Ask Ted kennedy Reply with quote

Ted Kennedy may know. The both talk in circlular phrases and when the mumbledy blather out the other end arrives it may be a common speech only used by Boston Elites. We are still trying to figure out what Teddy said in 1996 during one of his election speeches, other than that it is Gobbledygook.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: