SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Medals used as Political Toys

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you think Kerry should be able to display his medals.
Yes, he deserves the right to change his opinion.
13%
 13%  [ 2 ]
No, once publicly disgarded they are lost forever.
86%
 86%  [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 15

coldwarvet
Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 5:29 pm    Post subject: Medals used as Political Toys Reply with quote

During the anti Military public opinion of 1971 fueled by the VVAW Vietnam Veterans Against War who Kerry was proud member of, tossed his medals in protest. It was politically advantageous for him to make this display at that time. Now that political opinion has shifted to the majority of people being pro military he decides its time to pick them up and use them in his quest to become commander & chief.

"Peace is our Profession"
Strategic Air Command - Motto

USAF 75-79 Security Police

Last edited by coldwarvet on Tue Jun 08, 2004 8:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Grampa
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As this is a free nation, he is free to repudiate his military service.

But he certainly looks the foolish hypocrit trying to campaign touting the same service that he repudiated and reviled.

Kerry supporters just cannot seem to grasp this basic fact.
Bhist
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grampa is correct. Kerry would have the right to do this, but he'd be a fool. Well, since we know he's a fool guess he'll do it. Maybe he'll wear them during Reagan's funeral?
War Dog
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My opinion is that he was ashamed of his military service and his medals back in 71, and now he's proud of the same! Kerry can't have it both ways. He is a traitor to this nation, and does not even deserve to live here, much less hold public office! Send him to Canada! Very Happy

Woof!

When cops need help, they call the K-9 unit."
ASPB
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

War Dog wrote:
My opinion is that he was ashamed of his military service and his medals back in 71, and now he's proud of the same! Kerry can't have it both ways. He is a traitor to this nation, and does not even deserve to live here, much less hold public office! Send him to Canada! Very Happy

Woof!

North Korea sounds like a better choice given his support by Kim Jong Il. In not there, what do you think about Cuba? Nuanced conversations with Fidel? Maybe The Ivory Coast....he speaks French after all Laughing
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've asked before and I'll keep asking Kerry supporters, How do you declare yourself a hero of what you declared illegal, immoral, criminal and horrific?

Once he threw away medals he claimed were his and lied before Congress, he abandoned any claim of heroism or membership in the Band of Brothers the rest of us belong to.
Marine4life
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You all know my position, if he had earned them in the first place they would have been more dear to his heart. He threw them they are gone. Semper Fi.
carpro
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

War Dog wrote:

Woof!

Read my tag. Looks like we are in agreement. The tag is in quotation marks because I wasn't original enough to come up with it myself. But it says it well.
War Dog
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess 'great' minds think alike! Very Happy

Woof!

When cops need help, they call the K-9 unit."
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: