SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MoveOn's REVOLTING manipulation of a bereaved mother...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
3rd gen Navy
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 1:07 am    Post subject: MoveOn's REVOLTING manipulation of a bereaved mother... Reply with quote

http://www.moveonpac.org/donate/sheehan.html

what would her son say?
BS Biology, Business Administration, Nursing
The Deal with Life: Make decisions based on what you might gain, not on what you may lose.
!!!!!! LET THE WILD RUMPUS BEGIN !!!!!!
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm afraid to look.

I keep thinking that they've hit the lower limits of despicability, and they continue to exceed themselves.
MSeeger
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am a Texican who lost a brother in Vietnam. He was just 19 years old. He was killed one month before his tour of duty ended. Like most Hispanics, my folks were Democrats and always voted for the Democratic candidate, no matter who he was. I know they both adored John Kennedy, and voted for LBJ.

As far as I can recall, after my brother's death, I never heard them talking negatively about our being in Vietnam. But then, again, my dad foght in WWII, in the Army as part of the famous Rainbow Division. And my older sister was also in the army and married to a soldier who spent *his* year in 'Nam. I know my folks were hurting, and I'm sure they weren't happy with the government. But, I can never imagine my mother speaking out against our President in public like that, displaying her grief, nor taking part in any anti-war activities, because she never did, at least not in front of us children.

I am a mother too, and I imagine I would be just as grief-stricken if I lost one of *my* children. But at the same time, when they make a decision to volunteer for military service, knowing that they will be put in harm's way....that is a choice that we, as parents, have to respect, and their sacrifice should be honored.

Everyone has a right to express their grief. But by her statements, she has made her son's sacrifice meaningless and put others in danger. It's a pity allowing herself to be used in this manner will only serve to put more of our sons and daughters in harm's way. That's just my opinion, for what it's worth.

Maria
wwIIvetsdaughter
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moveon.org will stoop to the lowest of low in pursuit of their goals. Twisted Evil
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: