SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bush readies 'significant speech'
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stevek
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 5:48 pm    Post subject: Bush readies 'significant speech' Reply with quote

Bush readies 'significant speech'
By Bill Sammon
THE WASHINGTON TIMES

President Bush, stung by the erosion of his lead over Sen. John Kerry in post debate polls, has abruptly scheduled a major speech for tomorrow in hopes of halting Mr. Kerry's momentum.
In a rare, last-minute alteration to the presidential schedule, Mr. Bush has scrapped a planned talk on medical liability and instead will give what the White House called a "significant speech" about the two central issues of the campaign — the war on terrorism and the economy.

The president is said to be eager to rebut Mr. Kerry's attacks on such issues, especially those that came during Thursday's presidential debate.

http://www.washtimes.com/national/20041005-022530-1377r.htm

Very Happy
neverforget
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope he announces he refuses to participate in any more sham debates with a cheating, lying demogogue.
mjanay
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Iraqi SUrvey Group report is due out tomorrow.

Can you say "Suprise"

The CNS story is probably just a teaser.

It makes perfect sense that the real October Suprise is hard evidence of WMD and Terror ties.

God I hope so. It will be SOOOOOOO much fun to watch Kerry spin that one.

I can just see it... I supported the war and always said we might yet find WMD. I have been clear and consistent all along!
Fort Campbell
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This part of the article is significant:

The nonpartisan Hotline, which is published online by National Journal magazine, yesterday said Mr. Bush was leading in 31 states that have a total of 292 electoral votes, or 22 more than the 270 necessary for victory. Mr. Kerry was leading in 16 states that have a total of 200 electoral votes.

When the tally is narrowed to include only states in which a candidate's lead is outside the margin of error, Mr. Bush has locked up 22 states, with a total of 215 electoral votes. Mr. Kerry has locked up seven states, with a total of 119 electoral votes, according to the Hotline.
Steve Z
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 9:01 pm    Post subject: Hotline Electoral Vote Count Reply with quote

Probably those 292 electoral votes for Bush include Florida, with 27 EV. Bush has to hang on to Florida to win. I'm not sure whether Bush did himself any favors helping hurricane victims on September 30, and tiring himself out before the debate, watched by lots of non-Floridians.

If the SBVT will be running any more ads (with $2 million in the bank, why not?) it would be a good idea to include Florida in the ad buy.

Bush did choose a great place to give his speech, in Wilkes-Barre PA. Lots of military people and Catholic voters (who may be tempted by Kerry) in that area, and PA has 21 EV.
Kimmymac
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is about dang time the president counters the free advertising the OIM has given, and continue to gives, to the pretender Kerry. John Kerry, the faux president.

What the heck is the point in being prez, if you can't pull rank once in awhile?

It's like my husband used to say when there would be a disagreement among officers-- "Sleeve Check!" And last time *I* checked, Kerry was still a senator from a state no bigger than one city in Texas, and Mr Bush was President of the United States. So you go, Mr. Bush! 'Sleeve check' those worthless weasels.
stevek
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 11:27 pm    Post subject: A PREVIEW OF THE PRESIDENT'S SPEECH TOMORROW Reply with quote

A PREVIEW OF THE PRESIDENT'S SPEECH TOMORROW [10/05 06:16 PM]

The President will really put the hammer down in his 10am speech tomorrow morning. He'll lay out his own positions concisely, but the bulk of the speech will be a damning tour through Kerry's Senate record (domestic and foreign policy) and his recent statements on Iraq, the war on terrorism, etc. It resurrects many of the best hits on Kerry that were dropped from the convention speech for the sake of being "positive" ... and it makes a lot of the rebuttals you probably wish you'd heard from the President in last week's debate. Should be a lot of fun — Joe Lockhart and Co. will be whining like little girls tomorrow.

http://www.nationalreview.com/kerry/kerryspot.asp

Very Happy
MSeeger
Seaman

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Question: Is the MSM going to air it? And if so, where can I expect to see it? I gather that's 10 AM eastern time?

Curiouser and curiouser said Alice.

Maria
TroyS
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MSeeger wrote:
Question: Is the MSM going to air it? And if so, where can I expect to see it? I gather that's 10 AM eastern time?

Curiouser and curiouser said Alice.

Maria

Great piont, everytime Kerry talks to the media it's a headline. I wonder how much coverage they will give the Pres. speech. My guess, not very much. Mad
Steve Z
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 12:18 am    Post subject: President's speech Reply with quote

But why 10 AM, when most responsible voters are at work? Why not 8 PM, when people can be glued to their TV?
CTW
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The American voters really need to hear directly from President Bush. I have been waiting. Will he give some new information such as these documents tying Sadam with OBL, etc? Will he just focus on Kerry's record and the stupidity of Kerry's "plan". Guess President Bush went to johnkerry.com to see it! Well, I am anxious to hear him tear into Kerry/Edwards. Let's hope. CTW

Never Ever Kerry
joeshero
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it going to be about Osama?
Or WMD?

If both, that would be spectaculer and Kerry can pack his stuff. Godness, can't wait.

About the timing, I think so that the media can report it through out the day and night.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 3:27 am    Post subject: Re: President's speech Reply with quote

Steve Z wrote:
But why 10 AM, when most responsible voters are at work? Why not 8 PM, when people can be glued to their TV?

If anyone is working, perhaps you can use a walkman and plug in headphones and listen via radio.
neverforget
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is already a NYT's article out saying the ISG is going to report tomorrow to Congress there are no WMDs or significant programs for developing them.
hanna
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Giving a speech that time of day then allows time for people like Rush to get it out amont people that can't get TV. and to enforce what he says etc.

I certainly would hope FOX would run it, but 10:00 is during Dayside....hopefully they will prempt it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: