SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

HELP with "uninformed" email reply--need strong re

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
2ndamendsis
PO3

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 8:28 pm    Post subject: HELP with "uninformed" email reply--need strong re Reply with quote

This is a reply to my email concerning the Iraqi Docs discovered by Scott Wheeler from CNSnews.

To: blieberman@patriot-news.com
Subject: Missed Story?

I guess you haven’t seen the CIA report, the report of the 9/11 commission, the intelligence committee report, the comments of Ambassador Paul Bremmer, Colin Powell, or Charles Duelfer, the U.S. weapons inspector and his predecessor David Kay or the U.S. Senate Intelligence Committee. All have said there was no credible links between Saddam Hussein and Al Qaeda and no weapons of mass destruction.

My brain is frazzled and eyeballs are hanging on this keyboard Confused
Can we come up with a strong & firm reply that will have an impact? We could use it as an example when the next "not so smart" reply comes down the pike.

Thanx!
shadowy
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tell him that all those things are old news, you thought he'd be interested in new news.
This information apparently has only come to light in the past couple of days, and was not available to any of those people/commissions when they made their analyses. Make sure you think he's awfully incurious--for a "journalist".
jimlarsen
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For WMD look at http://www2.swiftvets.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=12010&sid=5c86f3e03b2421599c54043a777dccff
on a different thread.

As for the connection to Al Qaeda, our troups are still processing the papers in Iraq that might establish that link. But, it's naiive to think that Saddam didn't indirectly help Al Qaeda by giving them refuge and encouragement. We know that he encouraged them by celibrating on 9-11. Terrorists are globalists. They don't just live in Afghanistan, but go wherever they find sympathy for their cause.
azpatriot
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This doesn't directly adress this and I know it has a couple of typos but I just sent this out the big kahuna!

Quote:
I would like to ask you why the media only seems to report the “negative” things that happen in our war on global terror and especially our fight in Iraq.

Why haven’t any of you been reporting on these things?

Over 400,000 kids have up-to-date immunizations.
School attendance is up 80% from levels before the war.
Over 1,500 schools have been renovated and rid of the weapons stored there so education can occur.
The port of Uhm Qasar was renovated so grain can be off-loaded from ships faster.
The country had its first 2 billion barrel export of oil in August.
Over 4.5 million people have clean drinking water for the first time ever in Iraq.
The country now receives 2 times the electrical power it did before the war.
100% of the hospitals are open and fully staffed, compared to 35% before the war.
Elections are taking place in every major city, and city councils are in place.
Sewer and water lines are installed in every major city.
Over 60,000 police are patrolling the streets.
Over 100,000 Iraqi civil defense police are securing the country.
Over 80,000 Iraqi soldiers are patrolling the streets side by side with US soldiers.
Over 400,000 people have telephones for the first time ever.
Students are taught field sanitation and hand washing techniques to prevent the spread of germs.
An interim constitution has been signed.
Girls are allowed to attend school. Textbooks that don't mention Saddam are in the schools for the first time in 30 years.

We're in contact with our servicemen and women over in Iraq and Afghanistan and they are really wondering why this is not in the news!

They are fighting the global war on terror and at the same time liberating these countries. Out men and women in uniform are doing great things in these countries!

And I have to say it’s a crying shame that the “so called guardians of truth” can’t seem to report on it!

You guys and gals want to impress America? Then for crying out loud get out there and don some BDU’s, a Flak vest and a laptop and in the spirit of “Ernie Pyle” do some real reporting!

Doc Jerry
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tell him to read, "The Connection" by Stephen Hayes. If that does not convince him about the Iraq-Al-Qaeda connection and WMD's, nothing will (tell him to read pages 177-178).
By the way, the 9/11 Commission did uncover an Iraq-Al-Qaeda connection. Razz

Cool Medics, we're there when you need us.
ArmybratNavywife
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always make sure to leave a very clear paper trail and lots of evidence lying around when I do something illegal Rolling Eyes And maps to where I've buried the WMD Wink
2ndamendsis
PO3

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys, I've literally been in a running battle with this idiot all afternoon. It's 7:45pm here and I just sent him another reply.

Back and forth, back and forth. Shocked

He absolutely refuses to investigate ANYTHING! I just now included a handful of urls and reference to Yoseph Badansky's book {which is a powerful research tool}.

Basically I told him However, if your journalistic endeavors rely solely upon what the Left &/or Right says or not, one can expect less than acceptable journalism from you. Razz Razz Razz

among other carefully chosen words Wink
You GottaBeKidding
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was no clear link between Saddam Hussein and 9/11. That is not the same thing as no link between Saddam and Al Queda.
2ndamendsis
PO3

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMHO, that's one of the ways that they're squashing the truth......
by clouding the WMD/ Al Qaeda/Iraq issue with 911.

No one has ever said that saddam was "directly" linked to 911 {that I've heard, anyway}
1AD
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is what the Commission said:

The commission said it had found no evidence of "operational" ties between Baghdad and al-Qaeda but did not rule out other forms of cooperation. "But to date we have seen no evidence that these (contacts) ... ever developed into a collaborative operational relationship." "Nor have we seen evidence indicating that Iraq cooperated with al-Qaeda in developing or carrying out any attacks against the United States."

By saying they
Quote:
found no evidence
is not the same as saying there is no evidence. Two completely different statements. Same for "we have seen no evidence" and "Nor have we seen evidence." Most people will miss the subtle but important difference.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: