SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

swift boats swift actions?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gulf1609
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 2:22 pm    Post subject: swift boats swift actions? Reply with quote

The election is right around the corner and I can think of nothing scarier than a Kerry/Edwards administration. It seems that the Swift Boats have been out of the lime light for awhile and it is starting to scare me. I have signed up to volunteer time to get out the vote and to man phones but live in a state that is solid Bush. I have also given to the Swift Boats. It was one way to help me feel like I could make a difference. Are there plans for another onslought of swift boat ads and what will they be about?

I have found all the documents about spot reports and after action reports facinating and truly believe Kerry "worked" and continues to "work" the system but I think the American public is growing weary about who pulled whom out of the water, self-inflicted wounds, and rice in the butt. It is time for something new. Please, please assure me there will be ads about Kerry and the normalization of relations with Vietnam and how the Forbes and Kerry families benefitted from lucrative deals. There is info out there about shredding of POW/MIA documents, there is info about Kerry and the VVaw's communist ties, the picture of Kerry hanging in the Ho Chi Minh museum. Alot of this in in UNFIT FOR COMMAND and more could probably be dug up with the help of all who frequent this site. I also think it could be extremely effective to hear from some survivors who had to flee Vietnam and how wrong Kerry was on what would happen if the US pulled out.

I am sorry if I am just venting here. I am just so dumbfounded that the media covers nothing. Between Cambodia, the magic hat, the flying dog and Kerry's Chinese assault riffle, Kerry's hold on reality ought to at least be questioned. Please assure me there is more to come. We can't let up now.
Anker-Klanker
Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm having similar thoughts about time running out. Though I know the SBVFT ads have been effective, and that there's more to do, with more payoff, the fact is that I don't think it's having much effect right now. Or said another way, interest seems to have moved elsewhere.

What does really bother me is that Kerry/Edwards seem to be gaining traction with the theme that they keep hammering home that the War on Terror should be confined solely to getting UBL - which is patently nonsense. This theme song reinforces the notion that Iraq is only a diversion.

We have a lot of red-blooded, mad-as-H__, veterans, and like-minded spouses and relatives in the SBVFT forum. I can't help but wonder if we wouldn't be more effective given the reality of the game clock in trying to discredit the Kerry/Edwards' spin game on this hugely over-simplified version of the War on Terror.

Just a thought...
spartan
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 5:21 pm    Post subject: agreed Reply with quote

along the same train of thought......

does anyone here know if the swiftvets and pows have a plan in the works for exposing the meeting kerry attended that discussed the assasination of US senators ???

at the very least he can be nailed for not reporting it to the authorities

Tim

USSF
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Steve Z
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 5:30 pm    Post subject: SBVT Strategy? Reply with quote

It seems like the SBVT have gone "under the radar" recently with all the focus on the debates. "Navy Chief" has some interesting info about Kerry writing the report on the Rassmann incident...but what will be done with it?

Thanks to a couple of rich Texans, we've got $2 million to work with, but it must be used before November 2 to keep the traitor out of the White House, and the polls are close right now (although Cheney's brilliant performance last night will help).

Are there any plans for new ads, or other ways of bringing down the Kerry campaign, or are we waiting for the end of the debates? But, if President Bush messes up the last two debates as he did the first, would it be too late to keep Kerry out of the White House?
Tacan70UDN
PO2

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the founders of SBVT, MT Boone, posted somewhere else in the forum that there will be a meeting of SBVT in DC on the weekend, and he will let us know what he can once he gets back, probably Sunday as I recall.
gulf1609
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like I posted earlier, I think the time has passed to make any headway on the Rassman front. I think most are tired about hearing who pulled who out and where and how. I think it is time to hit on one of the other NUMEROUS scandals, lies or deceits committed by Kerry. The Colliers deal, POW/MIA records, HoChiMInh museum picture, communist ties to VVaW all would be good choices. I still think some real stories from those who fled after the fall would be devastating to Kerry. The numbers who had to leave, the numbers who were and are still being inprisoned, and the mass numbers who were murdered are mind boggling. My mom is helping someone write down their family history and the story of how they had to flee Vietnam because their family was politically connected. It is heart wrenching and beyond belief. She loves this country and has made an incredible life for herself here. Needless to say the Vietnamese community is NOT supporting Kerry and make incredible witnesses to what happened when we pulled out of Vietnam because of political pressure (thank you Cronkite) and what might happen if we pull out of Iraq because of political pressure.
PrinceLazar
Seaman

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 2:26 am    Post subject: One more ad WILL help.. Reply with quote

gulf1609 wrote:
Like I posted earlier, I think the time has passed to make any headway on the Rassman front. I think most are tired about hearing who pulled who out and where and how. I think it is time to hit on one of the other NUMEROUS scandals, lies or deceits committed by Kerry. The Colliers deal, POW/MIA records, HoChiMInh museum picture, communist ties to VVaW all would be good choices. I still think some real stories from those who fled after the fall would be devastating to Kerry. The numbers who had to leave, the numbers who were and are still being inprisoned, and the mass numbers who were murdered are mind boggling. My mom is helping someone write down their family history and the story of how they had to flee Vietnam because their family was politically connected. It is heart wrenching and beyond belief. She loves this country and has made an incredible life for herself here. Needless to say the Vietnamese community is NOT supporting Kerry and make incredible witnesses to what happened when we pulled out of Vietnam because of political pressure (thank you Cronkite) and what might happen if we pull out of Iraq because of political pressure.

4 weeks in a long time in US politics and the swifites can surely give him another blow, if timely placed.

I think htey should save the last bullet for two battleground states only with targeted voters. What about Ohio and Florida in two weeks??

Need some wood?!?!
mtboone
Founder

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stay calm in the this fight for the election, stay on track and keep pounding as all of you have. Kerry's past will always haunt him and keep up the pressure to remind the public of his actions. The battle is on going, not just one day or one week, it goes on until the end. If you think the SVFT have given up, you are so WRONG. Have faith and continue to fight for the truth and what is right for your World.
1AD
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 3:09 am    Post subject: Keep on firing Reply with quote

I agree that we need to keep on firing away by responding to all the erroneous, irresponsible, misleading, letters and columns that keep on coming from the MSM. At the same time we need to see if there is anything we can do to physically help out in battleground states, Ohios, Wisconsin, Michigan, florida, Pennsylvania, NH, Washington. Flyers, stickers, anything to harass and interdict the opposing side.
cipher
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is almost no such thing as "too late" in a Presidential election.

Remember the DUI attack on the current CinC was launched just *DAYS* before the election last time?

And that was before the internet and bloggers were a "happening thing".

If that kind of attack were launched within a day or two of the election, it would be fisked to death in a matter of *hours*, and not days as in the last election. I submit the Dan Rather memos as Exhibit 1-4.

While I'm not holding my breath, I'm also not overly stressed by the occasional lull in the intensity.

Suspense builds tension. The Kerry camp IS stressed. They ARE tense. They KNOW they have a fatally flawed candidate. They are waiting for the other shoe to drop.

Let them wait a bit longer

I'm sure it will be worth it.
Defense contractor for US Navy, SSPO, SP-20, SP-24, OP-12 84-92
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: