SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bush did more damage than I thought
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaveS
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I already voted for Bush, sent my absentee ballot in today. Unfortunately I live in California so my vote will not count.
shadowy
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobody ought to be sure their vote won't count. Maybe this will be the year when some huge voter fraud gets revealed before the election, and we'll find out that one of the blue states hasn't really been blue in years.
Or panicky citizens might grab Kerry and toss him into Mt. St. Helens to keep it from erupting. Or he might come to his senses, realize he's hopelessly incompetent and would get us all killed if he wins, and he'll withdraw.
Could happen. So vote.
BB Stacker
Seaman

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every vote counts! You excercise your citizenry in a free society. Those who don't vote when they have the opportunity to do so are poor citizens and risk their right of remain free. Just think who your California Governer is, a republican. Who'd of thunk it?
W.P. Wily
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 3:07 am    Post subject: Re: Bush did more damage than I thought Reply with quote

Whacker77 wrote:
As these new polls keep trickling out, Bush is steadily losing ground. While it's not major, it's still troubling. Rasmussen's numbers and the ABC tracking poll are showing that nationally. Pennsylvannia and Ohio are showing that on the state level.

Sorry to add to the "doom and gloom" but I feel much the same way as Whacker77, it has not been a good day for me. After looking at the horrible debate spin on the electoral-vote site where Bush lost NM, IA, and OH and weakened in MO, I went over to the realclearpolitics and the picture wasn't much better.

It sickens me that there are so many wrong-headed people in this country that the race is even close. It sickens me that there are so many morons in this country that the whole election could easily be decided by people that think Kerry "looks good" or that he has the same initials as John Kennedy so he must be great. We're all going to hell in a hand basket.

No matter what, I'll still vote. I may rip the damn lever off the voting machine or punch a hole in it if its a touch screen, but I'll be there.

God help us all Sad
Kimmymac
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm. Congratulations, people. You have almost managed to depress *me*--and that is not an easy thing to do. Almost. Almost. However, as being depressed and feeling down is a TOTAL! FREAKIN! WASTE! OF! TIME! I do not indulge. Because, in the end analysis, being depressed is just a tiresome expression of self-pity--and I do not have time for that.

Polls go up, and polls go down. These things happen. The election is still a month away--and lots can happen in a month. I agree, it is troubling that there are so many assorted creeps and dingbats, armed with the vote, but that's democracy for you; it is a messy business.

Please: we can not be blown this way and that by the winds of popular opinion or this moment's news, or that minute's poll. Set your sail, and stay the course. No good comes from looking over our shoulders, there is nothing back there but what is past.

Please pick yourselves up off the floor; the battle awaits.

Have a little faith, my friends.
hanna
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been thinking about this. Bush did not do as well as WE expected him to do....the media took advantage of that. We shot ourselves in the foot by expressing our frustration publically. By doing so the media fed off of that like sharks on blood.

After listening to the debate the 2nd time, Bush did not do that badly. Sure there are things he could have said, but didn't..but #1 from the get go, Kerry cheated. There was to be no opening statement, but Kerry used his 1st question to make an opening statement which consisted of a barage of accusations and lies that Bush could not possible answer to within the time limit....and it went from there, but Bush did come back with some great answers when he did say something and another good thing is, he didn't say anything wrong. There was nothing he said that they could legitimately attack him on.

The election is a long ways away. Lord only knows what may happen to guide the course of this election, but one thing is sure. We ALL need to sta the course do everything we can to insure a Bush win.
subsailor 2
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 3:39 am    Post subject: Navy Times Poll Results Reply with quote

I don't have time to put all the data in here but Navy Times/Army Times has Bush ahead among all servicemen active/reserve/guard 72% to 17%.

Kerry is perceived to be weak and inefficient and post-Vietnam behavior is important.
dusty
Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well said Kimmymac. Great attitude and I appreciate your sharing it with us. If we all had your spirit, Kerry would be buried already.
I might just add that we can't expect the Pres. to carry all the load. When he has a bad day, we have to suck it up, redouble our own efforts and turn it into a good day.
And always make sure they see you smiling. Makes em wonder what we're up to. Very Happy

Dusty
msindependent
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If people want to say that Kerry won on style, then so be it if you insist. However, Kerry lost the debate with the global test stuff, appeasement of N Korea, nuclear fuel to Iran and no nukes for us. Can you imagine what hell would be breaking loose if Bush had done that. Kerry made some huge blunders. All Bush had to do in order to stay ahead was not make the same hugh blunders that Kerry made. The msm is saying Edwards won or at least tied in the last debate. We all know that's not true. Half the battle is mental people. If you think W lost, then everyone else thinks that W lost. I think that we could take a cue from our enemies and hammer it home that we were better regardless. This is war and defeat is not an option. I'm sure Kerry's people would be pleased that some of you guys are bummed out. Turn off the damn tv's and listen to the radio or read. Head's up, this is not over. Kerry is going to lose, you guys just wait and see. Wink
Hammer2
PO2

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We all watched Dick Cheney mop the floor with John Edwards Tuesday night, so what was the story on Wednesday morning? "Both candidates battled it out to a draw!", said the headlines.
My point is this, if an obvious "cleaned his clock" win by Cheney is portrayed as a draw by the MSM, what does that make last Thursday's presidential debate?
Most of us would agree that Kerry gave a smooth and polished performance and Bush was halting and stumbling. Kerry wins on style. But unlike Kerry, the substance of what came out of Bush's mouth was correct and damning and Kerry had no answer for it. Bush won on substance. I read that debate as a draw, and the polls showed it - Kerry got a less than 1 point bounce. There is no movement and no momentum for Kerry.
So get over it people, the MSM will never admit to more than a draw in these debates. It is up to us to be adults and accept that.
On the positive side, we are winning in spite of them.
Keep banging away, don't get depressed, and be sure to turn out for the only poll that matters, the one on November 2nd!
Polaris
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whacker77,

Relax. Seriously. Yes there has been poll erosion more due to a lack of enthusiasm amoung Bush supporters and renewed enthusiasm among Kerry supporters. If you dig into the internals of the Polls, you will see that.

Given that, you will find I think that Cheney staunched the bleeding. All the polls you cite have date BEFORE the VP Debate.

Furthermore the ABC poll had a +5 point Bush Lead, then a +6 point one, and then a +2 Point one. One of the problems with tracking polls is that every so often (about once per ten days) you get outlier samples.

The concern is valid, but I would wait a couple of days. Seriously. One day does not make a trend on a tracking poll.

I also note that the new ICR Poll (with a really good track record) just came out today, and it puts Bush up by +6.

Finally I note that state-polls tend to be lagging indicators....and there have been some questionable ones released. I also note that the webmaster of electoral-vote.com is a staunch lefty. Normally he is pretty honest....be he has become a lot more partisan lately with how he reports polls.

In short, I would work against Kerry as much as you can (legally of course) and hope that *this* *time*, President Bush gets the job done. If he does, then I think it will be OK.

I note that on the RCP average (a good indicator), Bush still have a +2 lead which is significant if narrower than I like.

-Polaris

Truth is Beauty
ocsparky101
PO1

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone considered the fact that if GW was more agressive in the first debate that John Kerry may have lost some of his confidence and not made remarks like "Global Test". The bottom line is that the First debte gave Bush more ammo to expose Kerry for what he truly is. A global test remark would not have been made if Kerry had been challanged more on his intrnational leanings. I think GW did a fine job. Who cares about the MSM Polls.
Polaris
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ocsparky,

Maybe, but I think the president let us down last thursday. I am given to understand (by Brit Hume) that the president thinks he let us down and intends to correct it. If so, then I applaud the change in attitude.

Face it; preconceptions shape perceptions. If the MSM spin polls to make us believe that Kerry has momentum, then Kerry will in fact gain a little momentum (we have seen this the last few days).

That said, Cheney stopped it COLD. Don't take my word for it; read this:

http://www.surveyusa.com/Scorecards/VPDebateWinnerLoserByRegion041006.pdf

Cheney cleaned Edwards clock. Now President Bush has to finish the job on Friday.

-Polaris

Truth is Beauty
JCBoston
Seaman

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polaris wrote:
I am given to understand (by Brit Hume) that the president thinks he let us down and intends to correct it.

That right there is the only thing that matters.

Before that debate we were all sittin around in here playing grab ass like an over confident football team that was up by 14 in the 3rd quarter, and let the other team have a free touchdown.

The game aint over yet. Quit it with all the doom and gloom crap and get mad, get fighting mad. Drop this high road garbage and start fighting back. The high road is unAmerican.

Do you think John Wayne would take the high road and turn the other cheek if some sissy slapped him? Just so he could show how much more "refined" he is?? Hell no, he'd beat the crap out of him, and he'd keep on beating the crap out of him until the little bastard came to see things his way.

If Brit Hume is right, and Cheny's performance the other night would suggest that he is, then hopefully Dubya has finally figured that out.
bk_mo
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 12:36 pm    Post subject: election Reply with quote

I don't believe Bush has lost his support. I think the Democrats continue to jack with the polls. Hacking anything they can. Even Fox seems to be buying into this farse. If you listen to people calling in they don't seem to be swayed by all this. They don't understand it because they don't know about the Democratic headquarters constantly sending e-mails to jam and sway. It's no wonder the Dems are getting their lawyers ready to scream foul. Their the very ones dishonest enough to do anything to sway the election their way. I have decided to vote a STRAIGHT republican ticket. I wouldn't vote for a democrat right now regardless of what they say their about. There's something rotten in this mix and the only way I can see to get rid of the trash is to throw it all out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: