SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

DRAFT

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pumae7
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 8:39 pm    Post subject: DRAFT Reply with quote

Question Dear Friends:
Democrats Push Draft in Congress but President Bush Opposes Draft and Republicans Seek Certain Defeat Of Bill proposing a Draft?

Democrat Congressman Charles Rangel (D-NY) Introduced the "Universal
National Service Act of 2003", To Reinstate Military Draft. "A BILL to:
Provide for the common defense by requiring that all young persons in the
United States, including women, perform a period of military service or a
period of civilian service in furtherance of the national defense and
Homeland security, and for other purposes."
(H.R. 163, Introduced 1/7/03 By Rep. Charles Rangel)

Today, House Of Representatives Will Vote On Rangel's Proposal, Which House
Armed Services Chairman Duncan Hunter (R-CA) Vows Will Receive "Very Little
Congressional Support.”

I agree with Kerry and Edwards. It the only way (Kerry and Edwards) can put 1,000,000,000 people back to work. This will give all of them the same free medical, a good payday, housing allowance, the same as the senators have and it will solve the problem in the United States job market. It will open up the bases for training that Kerry and Edwards voted to close, and put people back to work.

It will also remind me of how I got to Korea and Viet Nam. General mobilization at some time will settle the “DON’T ASK, DON’T TELL POLICY OF THE SERVICES”. I want to hear what will happen when the recruiter tells the or the “TWO JOHNS” tell the same sex partners that they will have to be apart and have them make the decision which one goes where.

PUMAE7
Knighthawk
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 10:07 am    Post subject: The draft bill is killed massacred in the House, 402-2 Reply with quote

http://baldilocks.typepad.com/baldilocks/

Rep. Charles Rangel (D-N.Y.) did something a little unusual yesterday. First he protested when Republican leadership scheduled his own bill for a vote.

Then he sent out a letter encouraging his Democratic colleagues to vote against it.

Rangel’s bill, which the leadership had placed on the suspension calendar, would create a national-service draft under which all 18- to 26-year-olds would serve in the military or perform two years of national service as determined by the president. Rangel has been advocating a draft for several years, but he argued yesterday that the bill was too important for the suspension calendar, “which is reserved for non-controversial items,” he said in a statement.[SNIP]

Rangel accused Republicans of using his bill to assuage fears that President Bush had plans to reinstate the draft, stating, “The Republican leadership decision to place the draft legislation on the suspension Calendar is a political maneuver to kill rumors of the President’s intention to reinstate the draft after the November election.”
But, but, but…it was you and your Democrat colleagues who proposed and sponsored this bill, Mr. Rangel. How could it be *the president’s* intention to reinstate the draft?

Of course, it isn’t the president’s intention to do so. Mr. Rangel is merely taking advantage of the fact that rumors about an impending draft bill are being sent out to the liberal/leftist faithful without the names of the bill’s authors being mentioned, including his.

Is this not the dirtiest fraud ever perpetrated?

“It should be subject to hearings and to expert testimony. The administration should come and tell us about our manpower needs, about recruitment and retention, about the extent to which out troops are overextended. And they should give us their views about shared sacrifice. If they did all of those things in a serious way, they would have to admit that my bill is an option.”

As if Mr. Rangel cared a whit about our military’s manpower needs. What he actually cares about is hurting the president’s reelection chances and he would take the chance of harming the effectiveness of the most competent military force in the world to do so—in wartime, no less. Making it seem as though the draft bill is a Republican proposal is just the latest method. Mr. Rangel knows that most of the Democrat voting public do not know that the draft bill is solely a Democrat creation. And the one’s that do know aren’t spilling the beans about that particular open secret.

Democrats said Republican leaders gave them no notice that the Rangel bill was headed to the floor.
Of course they didn’t. Republicans who value the quality of our military want this bill killed. Getting it suspended *before* the election is the easiest way to get this done.

Your bill is going down, Mr. Rangel. And I will do my best to expose the bill as a creation of yours and other Democrats.

UPDATE: The draft bill is killed massacred in the House, 402-2.

The identity of the two who voted for the bill. They are: Rep. John Murtha (D-PA) and Rep. Pete Stark (D-CA).

During my research, I discovered that, back in June, Eleanor Holmes Norton (D-DC) had her name removed from the list of co-sponsors for the bill.

Beware of the lollipop of mediocrity! Lick it once and you'll suck forever.

If guns kill people, then I can blame misspelled words on my pencil.

Knighthawk's Pictures!
ALMOUNT
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn Brian,

I was intently reading your post (great one by the way),
as I got to your signature with the seal I almost choked on my coffee laughing...

Rangle is such an ass...I am so thankful there are Republicans in there now with the guts to call their hand.

http://www.DELTARAIDERS.COM

I killed a six pack....just to watch it DIE
PigBoatAndy
Former Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 5:00 pm    Post subject: The Only Way To Drive a Stake Thru The Heart of the DRAFT .. Reply with quote

The only way to drive a stake through the heart of the draft issue is for full pay comparability - once and for all and permenently. PERIOD.

Military pay scales MUST reflect the reality- a mid career E5-6-7 should have pay comparability with a Big City policeman or firefighter! A military "manager" (E7-8-9, O3-4) should have pay comparability with a Big City "White Shirt" (Police LT or above, Fire BTN Chief or above) police or fire manager.

At the very least, our troops should make what the contract cooks and truck drivers make.
gunbunny69
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bringing back the draft is not the answer to solving the unemployment problems in the United States.
Re-defining morality and patriotism, as was our heritage, is the answer to defending our country. These attributes are being pissed away by far-left judges and politicians who have a distorted view of what was projected in our Constitution!

Deleted by Admin: Our goal here is to expose John Kerry as unfit, not to denigrate any group of people.

Khe Sanh (LZ Ross) 1969
Pumae7
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Embarassed I STARTED THIS MESS, and the word I disagtee instead of agree with ....

I only have one hand and can only type with on finger on the other. I wrote the "draft" in Word and pasted it in the Message box.

I was in Washington D. C when some individuals claiming to be veterans tried to tear down the gate that suronded the podium that Kerry was going to speak to the the VVAW THAT HADORGANIZED in the West Ptomic Park. At the time Kerry was speaking to several enertainers, Peter Paul & Mary, "Country Joe" MacDonald, Peter Seeger and his group; Mitch Miller and others. The rally appeared to number approximately 300,000 streached from the Capitol to the Washington Monument and as far as you could see down Pennsylvenia Ave.

I hope this will enlighten and BRING TO THE ATTENTION THAT "MUSIC" IS ALL THE DNC HAS. THEY USED IT IN WASHINGTO AGAIN THIS TIME.

Punae7
HardCorps
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 9:07 am    Post subject: Bobby Muller Reply with quote

Bobby Muller VVAW cretin - Just a note of interest which shows the same forces that joined with Kerry in the VVAW have their hands involved trying to damage my generation of Veterans and the millions of our nations youth culture just as before.

The Anti-war forces that organized with fonda, ramsey clark, and the whole host of VVAW, F*** The Army crowd are very brilliantly pushing their hip anti - America agenda into the youth of today.
I initially thought that "Rock the Vote" was a good way to get the youth of today to register to vote and get involved, I have changed my opinion.
"Rock the Vote" which is self claimed "non-partisan" effort sponsored by MTV to register young voters, recently capitalized on the DRAFT FEARS started by Kerry's congressional supporters including Charles Rangel (by the way Rangel was an original member of the Dellums Senate Committee which was sympathetic to Kerry's Winter Soldier testimony), they recently sent out hundreds of thousands of Selective Service leaflets with a fake Presidential seal and the words "YOU HAVE BEEN DRAFTED!". The purpose of this is to scare kids and misinform them about the war in a negative way. This is very clear on their website. But guess who sponsored this fake draft scare- none other than VVAW scare monger BOBBY MULLER! They are trying to convert the young into modern day VVAW Pod People. It is likely that most Americans will just shrug off this new movement which has registered 1 million youths, like they did in 68 until it is too late. We must fight this even after the election.
-ANGLICO FAC - Iraqi Freedom
Pumae7
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked I will pose another question. After watching the way Kerry told the story about "ILL give ALL Americans the chance to have the same INSURANCE that I HAVE". He said he had BC&BC. If you check out what he said with them even on the STANDARD PLAN FOR A FAMILY, you will find that is a misleading statement. I have that plan now. I kept the plan when I retired. It cost me $2,709.16 per Year plus CoPay, and the goverment pays $6,650.16 per year. If you are retired and over 65, and on Social Security, you pay another $51.00 per month for another $684.00 per year. Even if Kerry could get Congress to pass a incease in the minimum wage to $7.25 an hour for all Americans that want to use the same plan Kerry has, you will have to work 7/12 a week. No American pay for it on welfare.

Pumae7
xsquid
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pumae7 wrote:
Shocked I will pose another question. After watching the way Kerry told the story about "ILL give ALL Americans the chance to have the same INSURANCE that I HAVE". He said he had BC&BC. If you check out what he said with them even on the STANDARD PLAN FOR A FAMILY, you will find that is a misleading statement. I have that plan now. I kept the plan when I retired. It cost me $2,709.16 per Year plus CoPay, and the goverment pays $6,650.16 per year. If you are retired and over 65, and on Social Security, you pay another $51.00 per month for another $684.00 per year. Even if Kerry could get Congress to pass a incease in the minimum wage to $7.25 an hour for all Americans that want to use the same plan Kerry has, you will have to work 7/12 a week. No American pay for it on welfare.

Pumae7

Yep, I have that plan and medicare.

Pumae7
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolling Eyes How many in the Congress voted against the Phoenix Program?
Check it out and report back.

Pumae7 Idea
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: