SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Veterans: How could you?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jack Mclaughlin
PO3

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 1:41 pm    Post subject: Veterans: How could you? Reply with quote

a recent CBS Poll Bush led Carey 54 to 40 among all veterans. Since CBS is notorius for skewing polls to favor the candidates they favor it probably is more like 58 to 36 in favor of Bush. But it is the 36% that I want to address. Kerry has dishonored all of you. Called us rapists, pillagers, baby killers and compared us to Genghis Khan, the most barbarous mass killer of all time. He was not selective in the language he chose. In his April 23, 1971 testimony before the Senate Foreign Relations Committee he said this, "These were not isolated incidents but crimes committed on a day-to-day basis with the full awareness of the officers at all levels of command." Veterans, he only turns to you when he can use you as a political pawn. So again I ask, how could you?
Big Kahuna
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did CBS poll American Veterans or Charlie?
Top 10 Weasels.com is where Kerry is Weasel #1
ASPB
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't you Know? It's a poll taken in New York and Massacommunists? That's the only part of America that exists for the elitist pigs. Laughing
War Dog
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remember that alot of these veterans that support John F. Kerry are young, and have only had military service within the last 10 to 15 years. For the most part, they have no knowledge of what actually happened in Vietnam, nor the activities of the anti-war movement in this nation. They are young, and still wet behind the ears, and have yet to gain the maturity to be able to understand the truth. They are content to believe that in which they have been told by the liberal biased and slanted media. In other words, they are doing exactly what the American People were doing in the US from 1966 on, in believing all the lies, distortions, false accusations, rumors, words, deeds, activities and actions of the anti-war movement, media and organizations.

I firmly believe that the stats on the veterans that are for President Bush, and against John F. Kerry really is more like 55-90% judging by all the veteran and military websites dedicated to President Bush and/or against John F. Kerry.

Woof!

When cops need help, they call the K-9 unit."
nakona
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaking as a Vet from the 80's, we have more of a clue than you might think.

Although, about the time I was getting out, all the Vietnam Vets were either getting out or R.O.A.D., so maybe the Vets of the 90's are more disconnected than I think.
Marine4life
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you are right Woofdog, It is the job of us older Vet's to get to them and explain this. The DI's are Clinton era soldiers and do not have the insight that we have enjoyed. They are a product of the don't ask don't tell military. When I went through bootcamp our DI's kept it clear in our mind that we were fighting the enemy and some of our own. They explained that a lot of citizens would look down on us just because of the uniform. And they were right. I have heard all the rude comments, baby killers etc. Thanks to Ronald Reagan, Bush #1, and Bush two the respect of our military is back and they haven't seen the dark side. I don't want them to see it either. They just need to know a little history of how bad the 60's and 70's were on Vets in public and even today to some extent. Semper Fi.
fortdixlover
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nakona wrote:
Speaking as a Vet from the 80's, we have more of a clue than you might think.

Although, about the time I was getting out, all the Vietnam Vets were either getting out or R.O.A.D., so maybe the Vets of the 90's are more disconnected than I think.

The biggest clue is to be found in studying the distortions, errors of commission and omission, shadings, terminologies, and hysterics of the 'conventional media'. These are now being exposed by a new media that did not exist until just a few years ago in earnest.

When I think back to how such yellow journalism could have affected people's views growing up and turned them into "useful idiots", I shudder.

FDL
War Dog
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
so maybe the Vets of the 90's are more disconnected than I think.

No, they are no different than the rest of the young kids in our nation the last 10-15 years.

Woof!

When cops need help, they call the K-9 unit."
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: