SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bumper sticker sighting

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Twidget
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 8:04 pm    Post subject: Bumper sticker sighting Reply with quote

I saw a handmade "Swift Boat Vets Book" bumper sticker on a black mustang convertible near where I live in Belmont, CA. The driver looked about the right age to be a Vietnam vet.

Pretty unusual to see anything anti-Democrat out here in the Bay Area.
d19thdoc
PO3

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep the faith. The "Big One" is coming.
Snipe
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I flipped a coke can in the bed of a pickup with a "Bush was AWOL"
bumper sticker. The guy driving swiveled his head around but didn't
tumble. I smiled at him.
GM Strong
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry has been AWOL from the Senate since early 2003. Latest was the Kerry/Edwards team failure to appear for the confirmation vote of Mr. Goss for the CIA. Think about it.
lthrneck
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in S. CAL and proudly have my SwiftBoat vets against Kerry bumper sticker displayed. I've gotten 4 or 5 positive comments, and the ***** liberals haven't commented on it.

Semper fi
uuurah
Carry On!!
achen50
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was patrolling in the University area the other day where kerry stickers outnumber Bush stickers by a lot, some of which are very bitter. I got behind a car with a sticker and I saw the John Kerry logo but when I got close to the car thinking it was just another pin head prof I saw " John Kerry for President: OF FRANCE" and next to it was a goofy face of kerry wearing a cute beret. I ws tempted to stop the gentlemen to ask where to get one but thought better of letting my politics intrude while in uniform.
Theresa Alwood
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I live in a very liberal state (IL - not my home state Crying or Very sad -GO BLUE - I know MI is still a see win state-but IL is a Kerry state) so I have my bumper sticker that says Vets4Bush.com - figure who would really try to trash a car that has a military sticker on the front windshield and a bumper sticker on the back. I plan on putting a sign in my yard stating 2 vets for Bush!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Sgt-Keeper
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 3:16 pm    Post subject: Illinois Reply with quote

TA
I spent the last week in Springfield at a veteran's conference & was amazed at the amount of Bush stickers and yard signs I saw. They outnumbered the Kerry signs 10 to 1 at least! As I rode down from and back up to Chicago area on 55, I was honked at & got many thumbs up re: my stickers:

Viet Nam Combat Veteran
For President Bush

Wouldn't it be great if IL went for Bush & shocked the nation's MSM !!!??!!
I'm doing all I can up North!
Also, on another post I read that we don't see the "support our troops" stickers & magnet mounts on vehicles that display Kerry stickers. Hmmmmm.
Annoy a liberal: work hard & smile.
redhawk34
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the Harley windshield, as well as the car, I went with Photoshopped "VIETCONG VETS FOR KERRY" signs. Get some great double-takes.
BTW, used "Times New Roman". Seemed appropriate.
Redhawk
ASW Tech
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 12:33 am    Post subject: Speaking of Double-Takes... Reply with quote

Speaking of double takes, I drive a Toyota Prius (the hybrid) which makes the tree-huggers swoon when they see it. Then they see the NRA sticker on the left rear and the "Veterans for Bush" sticker on the right, and this blank expression spreads across their face. I'm afraid I'm gonna get rear-ended some day by one of them in the throes of a mental meltdown.
USAFE5
PO2

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 4:13 am    Post subject: Re: Speaking of Double-Takes... Reply with quote

ASW Tech wrote:
Speaking of double takes, I drive a Toyota Prius (the hybrid) which makes the tree-huggers swoon when they see it. Then they see the NRA sticker on the left rear and the "Veterans for Bush" sticker on the right, and this blank expression spreads across their face. I'm afraid I'm gonna get rear-ended some day by one of them in the throes of a mental meltdown.

ROFL

Green and mean right?
Arty Guy
Seaman

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We drive two Volvo wagons with "W04" stickers on the rear windshields. Kinda lonely out here on the left coast.
tugboatphil
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 1:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Illinois Reply with quote

Sgt-Keeper wrote:

Also, on another post I read that we don't see the "support our troops" stickers & magnet mounts on vehicles that display Kerry stickers.

This article was on National Review Online. Main point was that many Bush supporters are afraid of car vandalism if they showed their colors. Secondary point was that many of the same people have substituted the yellow ribbons and US flags.

http://www.nationalreview.com/kurtz/kurtz200410070852.asp

It is somewhat frightening that the libs have tried to stop Republican delegates from getting to their convention, shot at Rep HQs, taken over Rep HQs and generally tried to silence their opposition, rather than debate the merits of their ideas. If conservatives used the same tactics, there would be a story on every newsmagazine, nightly news and newspaper every day.

Don't Sweat the Mule Goin' Blind,
Just Keep Loadin' the Wagon.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: