SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Was GWB wired for the 1st debate?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pneal
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 6:45 pm    Post subject: Was GWB wired for the 1st debate? Reply with quote

There is actually a group claiming that the President was receiving his answers via some sort of radio transmission. They point out a small bump in the back of his coat, seen in a few side view shots, during the debate. These idiots are crying foul on chat boards in MSM arenas. Are these people crazy, or what? They sight his hesitation in answering some of the questions, as delay in receiving the answer via somone behind the scenes. Rice or Rove or Cheney! Have they not heard of "thinking before you speak"?
I can't wait until Nov. 2 and they all start wimpering and licking their wounds from this fight. I pray for my President, every night, that he has the mental and physical strength to endure these morons and their vile leader Kerry. I pray for our men and women in harms way that President Bush is re-elected to protect and lead them to victory and a valiant home coming. God Bless Us All!!!
OKLady
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps he should walk up to the front, take off his jacket, roll up his sleeves and be comfortable - that'll knock down any claims of being wired!
Bystander
PO3

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They'll claim it's in his shirt pocket! Laughing Rolling Eyes
openfish24
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bullet proof vest
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate to say it....but ok... I did get the impression he was being fed answers - either by ear piece or teleprompter... It seemed that way to me, seemed like the only real explanation for while he hesitated so much. I actually didn't pay attention to the rules of the debate, (still unsure of them) so I wasn't alarmed at that, only that maybe the whole thing was his staff's fault for not doing their job fast enough...etc. I hope I am wrong.
blue9t3
Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How funny it would be if they had to take thier coats off. We could look at kerrys owie! maybe he has a tattoo of chirac on his arm?
azpatriot
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actualy in the first debate I thought Kerry looked wired and I don't me "electronicaly" Exclamation
Here's what I'd love to see happen.

As they both approach the debate area they are both haulted and told that before any debate proceedings may commence they must first submit to a drug test.

If you want to talk you have to pass the "Global Test" Twisted Evil
rb325th
Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Give me a break! This came out immediately in response to the fact that Kerry was observed removing something from his pocket just prior to the first debate. There is no substance to the allegation, it is just re-direction of the issue of wrongdoing. Same old tactics as usual.
Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Schadow
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be very surprised if the President was NOT "wired" at that debate and tonight's also. POTUS has to be reachable anytime, anywhere. If there was anything there it was a phone.

Schadow
rb325th
Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Schadow wrote:
I would be very surprised if the President was NOT "wired" at that debate and tonight's also. POTUS has to be reachable anytime, anywhere. If there was anything there it was a phone.

Schadow

That is what theSecret Service Agents standing very close by are for, he does not need to be "wired" for sound to be told anything. If it was that important they would run on stage and drag him out if the need be.
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have faith in President Bush, and I know that he is terrific under great pressure. He knows the pitfalls of giving the wrong or a bad impression and tonight he will be on his game. Wouldn't it be a hoot if the whole thing is greater than we know and completely planned to make everyone underestimate him so we (and they) will all be WOWED tonight and onward. Go Dubya!
fr11
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is ridiculous. If Bush was wired, then he would've had better answers. He wouldn't have kept repeating "hard work" or things like that. Don't get me wrong - I think Bush did fine in the first debate, but Kerry wouldn't have beaten him if he'd been wired. Karl Rove and Karen Hughes would've ripped Kerry apart. Personally, I think it's just plain stupid for the Dems to be saying this stuff. Their guy won the debate and picked up points in the polls. The "Bush was wired" stuff just makes them look like pathetic conspiracy theorists (which the are).
swing votr
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rdtf wrote:
I hate to say it....but ok... I did get the impression he was being fed answers - either by ear piece or teleprompter... It seemed that way to me, seemed like the only real explanation for while he hesitated so much. I actually didn't pay attention to the rules of the debate, (still unsure of them) so I wasn't alarmed at that, only that maybe the whole thing was his staff's fault for not doing their job fast enough...etc. I hope I am wrong.

I almost completely agree, but I would have never said it Embarassed

Most of his rebuttles started with a nice little pause, which sorta bothered me, but I truely don't think it happened.
Inatizzy
Former Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me tell a personal story. My pastor told me one time as we were visiting while fishing that he went to visit with GWB when he was still governor of Texas, but was considering running for president. GWB invited a number of pastors to the governor's mansion for a time of prayer and "seeking of wise counsel". My pastor said that GWB was one of the most sincere people he had ever visited with and that he ALWAYS took time to think before he spoke about anything. He said that Bush was a deep thinker and never wanted to say the wrong thing at the wrong time.

He basically told me that what people perceive as "dumbness and ineptness" was deliberation and carefulness. He said Bush was a very caring person and that at one point he looked my pastor square in the eye and said "John, I know what it means to be a Christian and I know what it means to just be religious. I want you to know that I am a Christian".

GWB is no dummy and he's not inept. He's just not a great orator and he THINKS before he speaks. He's a good man in the snakepit known as politics. He's wise enough to know that he's got to wear thick boots and watch where he steps.

He wasn't being fed the answers, except from his own careful musings. Why is it considered such a great thing today to be able to be a slick fast talker? Rolling Eyes
ProudArmyWife
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Actualy in the first debate I thought Kerry looked wired and I don't me "electronicaly"
Here's what I'd love to see happen.

As they both approach the debate area they are both haulted and told that before any debate proceedings may commence they must first submit to a drug test

Well, I feel less paranoid now for having suggested that to my friends over the last few days...Kerry reminded me a lot of my brother when he was "wired". Seems like an "unscheduled test" would be fair, my husband's unit just had one....

As to the President being electronically wired. I don't think so. I think he's just a slow talker. I'm married to a west Texas soldier and I swear I could talk a full paragraph before he gets his first sentence started. On the other hand, when he does finally get his words out...they are always on target and concise. (As you can see I tend towards the rambling....)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: